I wonder if AT&T screwed up something because whenever I receive an MMS from anyone, it tells me to go to "http://www.viewmymessage.com/..............random numbers" and of course that website doesn't work.

Did AT&T messed up my account when they swapped settings and they just left the old Blackberry plan in there instead of normal data plan, so AT&T thinks that I have an old blackberry? Even old BB's did MMS, if I am not mistaken. It's very annoying, any suggestions?
    10-15-15 10:33 PM
    Have you spoken to them?
    10-16-15 12:58 AM
    It's very annoying, any suggestions?
    Have you checked your MMS settings in the Hub, under Settings>Text Messages>MMS tab? They should match the ones found here (just expand the Android section.) Don't worry about the APN related stuff, if your data is working fine.

Also, if this is Straight Talk or some other MVNO that you're using, these values may be different.

If it is actual AT&T service, it's weird that MMS isn't working on a phone that should be provisioned for AT&T. That's the whole point of a carrier selling phones at the prices they do--it should work out of the box
    10-16-15 12:18 PM
    I can't receive MMS messages on my AT&T Passport-img_20151017_000211.jpgI can't receive MMS messages on my AT&T Passport-img_20151017_000223.jpg
    Have you checked your MMS settings in the Hub, under Settings>Text Messages>MMS tab? They should match the ones found here (just expand the Android section.) Don't worry about the APN related stuff, if your data is working fine.

Also, if this is Straight Talk or some other MVNO that you're using, these values may be different.

If it is actual AT&T service, it's weird that MMS isn't working on a phone that should be provisioned for AT&T. That's the whole point of a carrier selling phones at the prices they do--it should work out of the box

I think AT&T messed up something, I called them today about a different issue, but then I had to wait about 20 minutes for tech support, I just hung up. I'll try again tomorrow.
    There are no settings that I can change in MMS/SMS tab (of course AT&T also does not allow APN changes either, although that should not be the problem)

Maybe someone with Passport on AT&T can check their settings against mine above.
    10-16-15 11:05 PM
    Update,
    It turns out AT&T did not activate MMS in my account (I never used it before, because my plan was pay-per-text) apparently when you have pay per text, you don't get MMS.
    Anyway, earlier this month AT&T pushed a surprised update, giving old grandfathered plans (I have Nation 450: 450 Minutes Talk/Unlimited LTE/No Text) unlimited Talk and Text. So now I have Unlimited Talk/Text/Data, my cost is $39.99 for talk and text and $30 for Data, with taxes around $85/mo with 2 year contract and subsidized phone option (got Note 4 for free).

Tech support had to refresh and enable unlimited text option in my account, now it finally works!
    raino and Larry Harper like this.
    10-20-15 08:42 PM
    So now I have Unlimited Talk/Text/Data, my cost is $39.99 for talk and text and $30 for Data, with taxes around $85/mo with 2 year contract and subsidized phone option (got Note 4 for free).
    Nice! What's the threshold they're going to throttle you at, 22GB like other unlimited data plans?

$85 for unlimited talk, text and data on AT&T's towers is a pretty good deal.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    10-21-15 05:30 PM
    Nice! What's the threshold they're going to throttle you at, 22GB like other unlimited data plans?

$85 for unlimited talk, text and data on AT&T's towers is a pretty good deal.
    I don't know about throttling me but I barely use 2-3GB a month so I should be safe. I don't stream much on my phone, if I do, it's just my son watching some youtube videos, etc.. not much.
    However, if there was way to activate Hot Spot and let my son use his Kindle HD to watch prime videos, that would be great, he gets bored easily and it would be cool to have youtube and prime videos on the go. I guess it's not possible with an app or something, right?

Yes, I think it's pretty good. I can't complain, plus I made $450 from selling that Note 4 I got for free for extending my contract.
    Now that $450 is sitting in the bank, waiting for Priv to be released (and go down a bit in price) so I can grab one.. If I sell my PP, I might actually make money!. Although I sold my Z30 for $125 after buying it for $450 about 18 months ago.. But man, did I use the heck out of that beautiful device, though.

Sorry, I got carried away.
    10-23-15 11:38 PM
    However, if there was way to activate Hot Spot and let my son use his Kindle HD to watch prime videos, that would be great, he gets bored easily and it would be cool to have youtube and prime videos on the go. I guess it's not possible with an app or something, right?
    Oh, AT&T does not allow tethering on its unlimited plans? That's lame. They could have at least put in a, say, 1.5GB allowance with a hard cap. But they wouldn't be AT&T then, would they?

There was this thread to get around Verizon's restriction, but I don't know if it works or if there's something that applies to AT&T. BB is a very "by the book" OS developer--I don't have tethering on my TMO plan either, and every time I would try to use it on my Q10 or even OS7 phones, I got a TMO upsell message. My GS3 would allow me to tether a lot (until TMO would disable it. Temporarily.)
    10-24-15 01:43 PM
    Oh, AT&T does not allow tethering on its unlimited plans? That's lame. They could have at least put in a, say, 1.5GB allowance with a hard cap. But they wouldn't be AT&T then, would they?

There was this thread to get around Verizon's restriction, but I don't know if it works or if there's something that applies to AT&T. BB is a very "by the book" OS developer--I don't have tethering on my TMO plan either, and every time I would try to use it on my Q10 or even OS7 phones, I got a TMO upsell message. My GS3 would allow me to tether a lot (until TMO would disable it. Temporarily.)
    Yeah AT&T is worse, at least with newer T-Mo plans you get some hotspot option. I might have to talk to AT&T about this to see what they say.
    10-26-15 03:12 PM
    Yeah AT&T is worse, at least with newer T-Mo plans you get some hotspot option. I might have to talk to AT&T about this to see what they say.
    You may not like what they say. It's probably by design, to get people off the unlimited plans.
    10-26-15 09:04 PM