I purchased a refurbished (refurbished by manufacturer & in original packaging) ATT unlocked BB Passport from Newegg.com. My Provider is Defense Mobile (They use ATT towers). I transferred sim card from my old phone (LG Nexus 4) into the Passport. I changed APN to "reseller". I can make calls, sms and data works; I cannot send or receive MMS.
    Also, I only have 3 option under the APN settings: Access Point Name (APN), Username, Password... Authentication Type is grayed out. I do not have an "advanced" option at the bottom of the apn settings screen. I DO NOT see mmsc url, proxy, etc. under APN settings.
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    01-15-16 03:55 PM
    you usually dont have to change anything it automatically inputs all the info
    01-15-16 04:53 PM
    The deafult APN name was "nxtgenphone". The data did not work with this APN name. Called my network provider (Defense Mobile) and they told me to switch APN name to "reseller" or "prodata" (BOTH work for Voice & Data but not MMS). They gave me the mmsc settings as well but I I do not have an "advanced" option at the bottom of the APN settings screen and do not see mmsc url, proxy, etc. under APN settings.
    01-15-16 08:02 PM
    For MMS settings, go to the Hub and then Settings>Text Messages>Advanced and scroll down to the MMSC Settings section.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to manually input values in here, though. It's an AT&T thing.

Here are Defense Mobile's APN and MMS values: APN SETTINGS ? DEFENSE MOBILE
    01-16-16 12:11 PM
    For MMS settings, go to the Hub and then Settings>Text Messages>Advanced and scroll down to the MMSC Settings section.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to manually input values in here, though. It's an AT&T thing.

Here are Defense Mobile's APN and MMS values: [/url]
    Thanks for replying. I do not have the mmsc settings section when going through hub>Settings>Text Messages>Advanced. And it does not show under the APN settings either. Sooo... ATT intentionally does not make the mmsc settings available? Is it only on the unlocked international version you can change the mmsc settings?

I have been searching the inter-webs and found that removing the sim card may show the apn settings/mmsc settings. Also, there may be a bug in the OS version that causes the APN settings/mmsc settings not to show. I tried removing the sim card and updating a new OS version (from 10.3.2.556 to 10.3.2.2639). Both attempts did not work though Getting very frustrated
    01-16-16 03:41 PM
    Thanks for replying. I do not have the mmsc settings section when going through hub>Settings>Text Messages>Advanced. And it does not show under the APN settings either. Sooo... ATT intentionally does not make the mmsc settings available? Is it only on the unlocked international version you can change the mmsc settings?

I have been searching the inter-webs and found that removing the sim card may show the apn settings/mmsc settings. Also, there may be a bug in the OS version that causes the APN settings/mmsc settings not to show. I tried removing the sim card and updating a new OS version (from 10.3.2.556 to 10.3.2.2639). Both attempts did not work though Getting very frustrated
    It could be AT&T blocking the menu (they have done this, in addition to blocking network selection) or an OS bug. If it's the former, generally speaking, a restart with the SIM card out does free up the MMS settings menu; it sounds like you tried that and it didn't work.

Would it be possible for you to borrow a TMO (or an MVNO) SIM card? I think even an inactive one should work. This SIM card just might force the MMS settings menu to show up. Then you could input Defense Mobile's values, take the SIM card out and see if it sticks when you put your SIM card back in.

Having an AT&T Passport should actually make things easier for you, at least if you are AT&T customer. Having an MVNO in between complicates things: not only are you receiving lesser customer service, it's not their network and certainly not their phone.

I hope this works, because the only other idea I got is 'try installing other OSes.'
    01-16-16 09:38 PM