Device: Blackberry passport

Two days ago my phone just stopped working properly. I restarted it accidental and after the restart I cannot run any app. Almost nothing is working. I can move left and right in the menu, but I cannot open any app. When I press on the app it tries to open it and before it even zooms to the app it closes. When I press on the app the menu slides to the left and than moves back to the right. Also, I can go to the hub, but I cannot open any message. There is similar behavior since when I press on the message the screen gets slightly darker (as if it tries to open it) and then back to the normal shade. Also, I can login (obviously) and I can see menu that slides from the top.

What I tried:
    - Restarted (in hard and soft way) my phone maybe 30 times with different configurations, no sim card, no wifi, no SD card, no Mobile network
    - Uninstalled Android apps and it didn't help either
    - I tried to use Blackberry Link in order to move my files on the computer before resetting my phone - it didn't work. I can see all images, video and documents, but when I try to move it on my computer I get message like "Preparing to sync" that I can see for maybe 2-3 minutes and then it just disappears like nothing happened. No files has been moved on my laptop.

Observations:
    - After the restart I can open some apps if I do it fast (maybe in first 20 or 30 seconds) and then it will remain open for a long time. And even then it doesn't work as expected. For example, Music app will close as soon as I start playing something. In the file system app I can navigate around, but I cannot open anything.
    - When I delete apps after 20-30 second interval they disappear from the screen but after reload they appear back again
    - I have number grid password on my phone and after restart I can see it and put number on the right position to login. After 20-30 seconds I don't see it when phone was locked. Instead phone asks me to type a password.
    - I can receive calls on my phone (I can talk to a person, but I don't see any missed calls). I don't get any emails or bbm messages.

I would appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Yurii Shevchuk; 10-06-18 at 06:06 AM. Reason: clarify the way I did restarts
    10-05-18 01:24 PM
    Device: Blackberry passport

Two days ago my phone just stopped working properly. I restarted it accidental and after the restart I cannot run any app. Almost nothing is working. I can move left and right in the menu, but I cannot open any app. When I press on the app it tries to open it and before it even zooms to the app it closes. When I press on the app the menu slides to the left and than moves back to the right. Also, I can go to the hub, but I cannot open any message. There is similar behavior since when I press on the message the screen gets slightly darker (as if it tries to open it) and then back to the normal shade. Also, I can login (obviously) and I can see menu that slides from the top.

What I tried:
    - Restarted my phone maybe 30 times with different configurations, no sim card, no wifi, no SD card, no Mobile network
    - Uninstalled Android apps and it didn't help either
    - I tried to use Blackberry Link in order to move my files on the computer before resetting my phone - it didn't work. I can see all images, video and documents, but when I try to move it on my computer I get message like "Preparing to sync" that I can see for maybe 2-3 minutes and then it just disappears like nothing happened. No files has been moved on my laptop.

Observations:
    - After the restart I can open some apps if I do it fast (maybe in first 20 or 30 seconds) and then it will remain open for a long time. And even then it doesn't work as expected. For example, Music app will close as soon as I start playing something. In the file system app I can navigate around, but I cannot open anything.
    - When I delete apps after 20-30 second interval they disappear from the screen but after reload they appear back again
    - I have number grid password on my phone and after restart I can see it and put number on the right position to login. After 20-30 seconds I don't see it when phone was locked. Instead phone asks me to type a password.
    - I can receive calls on my phone (I can talk to a person, but I don't see any missed calls). I don't get any emails or bbm messages.

I would appreciate any help.
    Perhaps the different options here can help you:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...device-927512/
    10-05-18 03:23 PM
    Perhaps the different options here can help you:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...device-927512/
    Thank you for the link. I didn't know that there is difference between hard and soft reset, but I tried both ways before. Unfortunately non of them worked.

P.S. I'll update my original post with this info
    10-06-18 06:05 AM
    I manage to solve my problem. It turns out that I can copy (cannot move it though) files from blackberry on the SD card. I'll write my solution step by step, maybe be it will helpful for somebody in the future.

1. After hard reset I quickly opened file manager
    2. Then I copied some files from blackberry into my SD card. When the SD card was full I copied files into my computer and erased SD card. I repeated this step maybe 4-5 times before I managed to copy all the data
    3. Using Blackberry Link I managed to make security wipe of my data, basically resetting my phone to the factory settings. It took maybe 1+ hour to wipe everything from my phone, but when it started everything worked perfectly fine.
    4. Manually, I changed all my configurations and copied all the data from my computer on my phone.

It took quite sometime to do all these steps, but it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by Yurii Shevchuk; 10-07-18 at 04:31 AM. Reason: typo fix
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-06-18 01:01 PM
    This happened to me, I thought it was my VPN at first but it's since happened without a VPN even being installed. Theres some issue with BB10 and its only happened since the last update.

My thread

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13275213
    12-07-18 12:17 PM
    This has started to happen again on my phone.

I cant open apps or blackberry settings, when you click on them it just flicks off again.

I'm going to try another bb10 phone and see if its the version of BBOS or an issue with the other phone.
    12-20-18 09:22 AM
    Just load it from scratch, use an autoloader to bring it to the latest known 10.3.2 and you'll be all set, THEN reinstall only what you use.

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    12-20-18 10:41 PM
    I found out what the issue was and it was very WEIRD.

It was something to do with my service provider in the UK (Virgin).

I removed the sim to start using another BB10 device and when I did and reset my Leap it was suddenly working fine! Fast and snappy.

Its as if once the sim is inserted there is some 'constant on' signal being sent to the phone from the sim network. Ram useage is high when dormant.

The sim works as normal in other phones even other BB10 phones (but time may prove differently).

How can a sim 'at rest' be effecting a phones operating system in such a way it locks it up as if it is suffering ram overload.

Strange.
    01-30-19 11:07 PM