https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozill...7-0-4-release/

This release comes in several variants (we currently have 3). Do I want to get arch:
    armeabi-v7a Android4.1+nodpi,
    arm64-v8a Android 5.0+nodpi or x86 Android 4.1+nodpi for my Q10?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Should be the first one.
    04-04-19 06:54 AM
    Just installed the firefox, I am just curious on how to manage or turn off some of the security settings on this one

Posted via CB10
    App ops or ghost commander. Search the forums for these and you will discover their capabilities. I'm not good enough for a decent summary.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 09:46 AM
    It really is a great phone with unparalleled build quality and a great speaker too! If you download some android apks like Telegram or viber (or nearly every basic app that runs on android runtime) there is nothing amiss! Just try to find the right version. It can easily be your basic phone although many will disagree. As for security there is nothing to be afraid of. Nobody cares to build new viruses for the OS anymore. I would be more concerned if I used an android phone. Just check your android apks for viruses on your pc before installation. I regret having given away mine one year ago, but I still hold to my Q20 and Z30. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 01:18 AM
    I badly want protonmail and lastpass in my passport. I tried to download the apk versions, but they are not opening and are crashing everytime.. any suggestions??[/QUOTE]

Google the "4.4.20.24" version of lastpass. It is fully working and fast on my Q20. It shoul work on your PP too.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 01:30 AM
    Enjoy your BB Passport! I am still using mine since 2016 and still is amazing to me. I don't have all the apps since anyway I try not to have them, except of course Whatsp which I downloaded from apkpure. I love it since it still has the native bbm working which I use with my family and close friends for real secure chats. Other than that it's still a great phone and will hang on to this until it becomes completely unusable.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 09:48 AM
    I was going to give away mine too (SE) but then I decided to keep it even as my primary phone. Nothing compares to its speakers! They're just the best and absolutely unparalleled!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 09:52 AM
    Having a Passport in 2019 is like having a Porsche but can only drive it at 50mph
    Well I feel like driving with comfort and security amidst a world of surveillance of Android and iOS.

Jae PPSE
    06-16-19 10:21 AM
    Well I feel like driving with comfort and security amidst a world of surveillance of Android and iOS.

Jae PPSE
    BlackBerry 10 has been EOL for years, no security updates
    06-16-19 11:39 AM

Jae PPSE
    Banshee doesn't get it. His porsche is like an over sexed lada. You should see it.
    06-16-19 03:19 PM
    Banshee doesn't get it. His porsche is like an over sexed lada. You should see it.
    Comparing a Lada with a Yugo is pretty funny especially declarations that one is superior over the other.
    Laura Knotek and ppeters914 like this.
    06-16-19 05:18 PM
    BlackBerry 10 has been EOL for years, no security updates
    Banshee, you're missing two critical points. First, thanks to having such a tiny percentage of the current smartphone world I highly doubt that anyone who wants to penetrate a cell phone will bother to attack BlackBerry 10 OS devices because of their rarity. MUCH more importantly to many users (like myself) are two things. The intuitive flow with smooth multitasking gives us the experience we enjoy, and BlackBerry 10 is the only OS that doesn't allow any apps to do anything we don't want done! Of the 200+ apps on my Q10 there isn't a single one with permission to access calendar, contacts or texts. Other than GasBuddy and sometimes a weather app NO app on my device can access GPS unless I enable it briefly.

For me the issue of viruses isn't a factor but PRIVACY is. I use zero scroogle services or products. I actually PAY for my email provider to eliminate data harvesting & scanning. If you don't pay for a product or service it just means that YOU become the product being sold. So that's why I & others intend to use our BB10 devices for as long as possible. It may not matter to you, but it isn't a "nothing issue" to some of us, making the tradeoff worth the inconvenience.

06-17-19 04:57 AM
    Banshee, you're missing two critical points. First, thanks to having such a tiny percentage of the current smartphone world I highly doubt that anyone who wants to penetrate a cell phone will bother to attack BlackBerry 10 OS devices because of their rarity. MUCH more importantly to many users (like myself) are two things. The intuitive flow with smooth multitasking gives us the experience we enjoy, and BlackBerry 10 is the only OS that doesn't allow any apps to do anything we don't want done! Of the 200+ apps on my Q10 there isn't a single one with permission to access calendar, contacts or texts. Other than GasBuddy and sometimes a weather app NO app on my device can access GPS unless I enable it briefly.

For me the issue of viruses isn't a factor but PRIVACY is. I use zero scroogle services or products. I actually PAY for my email provider to eliminate data harvesting & scanning. If you don't pay for a product or service it just means that YOU become the product being sold. So that's why I & others intend to use our BB10 devices for as long as possible. It may not matter to you, but it isn't a "nothing issue" to some of us, making the tradeoff worth the inconvenience.

I think you are operating BB10 in 2019, my Z10 will barely operate and the battery life horrible from day one. I had several classics, great form factor but very sluggish phone. The Passport is a great phone that wasn't available in any store within 100 miles. The Passport is an excellent device but you can't use banking apps, no fingerprint scanner and most apps won't run on it. My Passport is more powerful than my ketone but the keyone is more useful to me running android
    06-17-19 07:04 AM

Something that I’ve noticed is that many organizations have shifted from user friendly standard browser sites to mobile browser and mobile app friendly sites.

I’ve read much data that suggests many people only have mobile device access for their “computer and internet” needs. As many people now only rely on this mobile access, only the largest companies offer robust mobile or standard platform that are user friendly. The best examples that I’ve seen for people are career job sites and healthcare provider sites.

The career job sites are optimized for people using mobile since limited financial resources mean job hunters are relying on mobile devices first and possibly only in their current situation. These large companies just choose not to waste the extra resources to deliver all the conveniences of the mobile app which actually makes it harder to career job search on regular computers.

The healthcare providers have less resources so opting for mobile support and website priority means larger number of patients using technology allowing for these providers to employ less personnel for tasks like data entry and scanning.

I’ve encountered this with helping Mom and it’s no longer about driving and physical tasks. She can’t even interact efficiently with healthcare providers as things aren’t done verbally over the phone as much and if you’re not interacting via technology, you’re classified as cost prohibitive expensive patient not really desired.

Have you encountered increased difficulties with any situations that are forcing your hand with having to use a separate mobile device to bypass these situations?
    06-17-19 07:54 AM
    Privacy - Apple

Our approach to privacy - Apple
    06-18-19 07:16 AM
    Have you encountered increased difficulties with any situations that are forcing your hand with having to use a separate mobile device to bypass these situations?
    Try going to Disney World without a Mobile Device.....
    06-18-19 07:30 AM
    Try going to Disney World without a Mobile Device.....
    Try Walmart also. I needed to scan barcode price since it was already missing from shelf. After finding barcode scanner 1/3 of the way across the grocery section in pharmacy, there’s a big sign with the scanner unplugged that announces to use Walmart app going forward.
    06-18-19 08:58 AM
    Way down the road, and most probably many years after our timeline, some relevant historian will note down Passport as the best and most complete Smartphone ever produced. And to that end, please spare me all comments about how nice all millions of Android apps are, and just focus on what the Passport was along with the so damned OS......In other words, if you just stop talking about just apps, this is the best OS that has ever seen the light of day, and Passport did its best to send the message out to everyone. We all know why this failed, but ultimately it didn't have anything to do with the device or the OS. It was marketing, so yes, there you are. But if only for truth's saying, please refrain from trying to convince BBOS 10 users, that we will find the right road if we go the Chinese Android way for BB....At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if we still want physical keyboards, so that our only option is to go the Chinese BB Android way. It's mostly about having a physical keyboard with the best OS so far. And having said that, I rest my case. Have a nice evening all.
    06-18-19 01:57 PM
    Way down the road, and most probably many years after our timeline, some relevant historian will note down Passport as the best and most complete Smartphone ever produced. And to that end, please spare me all comments about how nice all millions of Android apps are, and just focus on what the Passport was along with the so damned OS......In other words, if you just stop talking about just apps, this is the best OS that has ever seen the light of day, and Passport did its best to send the message out to everyone. We all know why this failed, but ultimately it didn't have anything to do with the device or the OS. It was marketing, so yes, there you are. But if only for truth's saying, please refrain from trying to convince BBOS 10 users, that we will find the right road if we go the Chinese Android way for BB....At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if we still want physical keyboards, so that our only option is to go the Chinese BB Android way. It's mostly about having a physical keyboard with the best OS so far. And having said that, I rest my case. Have a nice evening all.
    Great OS (10.2 and onward) but it wasn't a great platform for apps.
    Nice hardware package (Passport)

Sorry but by the time the Passport came to market, BlackBerry was just burning through hardware commitments... it really never had a chance to be anything but a footnote in BlackBerry's history. BlackBerry spent a huge amount on marketing BB10 along with the Z10 and Q10, but BB10 was a buggy OS the summer of 2013. The Z10 should have had a larger battery - or came with a spare battery and charger. Q10 was not a real BlackBerry... no tool bar, no keyboard shortcuts. Basically they rush the launch, needed to have refined their hardware designs and waiting until 10.2 was ready.

But this is 2019.... if BB10 works for you, use it. I just don't think there are many that can make BB10 work, without dual carrying at this point.
    06-18-19 02:22 PM
    Great OS (10.2 and onward) but it wasn't a great platform for apps. The Z10 should have had a larger battery - or came with a spare battery and charger.
    I won't argue that the Z10 needed better battery. But I think the "app shortage" was more hype than reality. The other app stores bragging about the "hundreds of thousands" of apps but conveniently ignoring the massive level of duplication, like 50+ flashlight apps or maybe 500?

Q10 was not a real BlackBerry
    My Q10 has been a quality BlackBerry device that is my only phone today. Yes, I would've liked the toolbar & extra 0.40" bigger display but the lack of the (for me) much more useful replaceable battery wasn't worth losing in order to switch, so I've used this Q10 for about 5 years quite happily. The 200+ apps I have are plenty & I don't use social media. I also won't do online banking with anything less than a full PC running VPN, antivirus & a firewall so I don't miss those apps. I'll admit that a fingerprint reader would be nice.

But this is 2019.... if BB10 works for you, use it. I just don't think there are many that can make BB10 work, without dual carrying at this point.
    So yes, it's my daily driver. I have an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet for reading & GasBuddy, using the Q10 as a hotspot. No, I'm not typical but I think a bunch of other BlackBerry users care more about privacy & a smooth OS than apps.

06-19-19 04:52 AM
    So yes, it's my daily driver. I have an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet for reading & GasBuddy, using the Q10 as a hotspot. No, I'm not typical but I think a bunch of other BlackBerry users care more about privacy & a smooth OS than apps.

If it meets your needs, that's all that matters.

Just saying marketing was the reason BB10 failed.
    06-19-19 07:18 AM
    Way down the road, and most probably many years after our timeline, some relevant historian will note down Passport as the best and most complete Smartphone ever produced.
    The Passport, and BB10, will be a footnote, and that is all. A cautionary tale about adaptability in a changing technology ecosystem, and being 3 years late to the party.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-19-19 09:40 AM
    If it meets your needs, that's all that matters.

Just saying marketing was the reason BB10 failed.
    I agree, the best OS can't sell if 99% of the possible customers either don't know you exist or have major misconceptions regarding the OS. I guess we've been lucky enough that Walmart stores in our region have working price scanners. But we did Disney & Universal a year ago and didn't have issues with not owning either an iPhone or android. Just got physical tickets to scan at the different rides & gates... I suppose we might have missed out on some kind of time saver but the experience was totally fine, just like previous visits.

06-19-19 04:17 PM
    The Passport, and BB10, will be a footnote, and that is all. A cautionary tale about adaptability in a changing technology ecosystem, and being 3 years late to the party.
    In TCL's history of Blackberry Mobile, that is no doubt exactly what will be said.
    06-19-19 08:01 PM
    It was far later than even three years. It would have to have been the OS that became Android or iOS because it would have required Google’s or Apple’s business model and economic resources to have won the battle against Microsoft and it’s business model and economic resources.

That’s what keeps getting ignored with BB10 and it’s failure. It's the business model of BB and BBOS that failed BB and BB10 with the other necessary partners and the lack of a diversified revenue business model doomed them anyways. The fact that Chen saved the company from between a rock and hard place is all the more amazing.
    06-20-19 07:07 AM
    In TCL's history of Blackberry Mobile, that is no doubt exactly what will be said.
    Really?!? Then you went silent or..... fell asleep. I saw the BB10 signal over Gotham and you had one job
    06-20-19 07:35 PM
103 ... 2345