Please help me to follow your set up for e-mails (Hotmail,Google,Yahoo)and for my messenger like Facebook Messenger / LINE .
    For Facebook messenger and LINE, both have lite versions. Facebook messenger works very nice for messenging, but not for calls AFAIK. I downloaded LINE lite and it installs just fine and seems to work. I didn't login, so just try it yourself ! I have used the latest versions .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 02-27-19 at 09:09 AM.
    02-23-19 02:31 AM
    the problem now that Google has told developers to stop making apps for Android 4.x, getting apks to work under BB10 will be even harder with less choice.

A passport is still a great phone for SMS, email, phone calls, BBM, and games. even though I've moved on to a KeyONE from my Passport SE, I still play a lot of games on my PP due to the large screen. BB10 had some really cool games developed for it so check them out in BlackBerry World before it gets shut down.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-26-19 11:06 PM
    DON'T FORGET THE OTHER BAKED IN BB10 GOODIES....
    -FM radio everyone (thru the MUSIC app)!
    -As a PDF (ADOBE READER) or other reader is awesome when turned sideways and you use the capacity keys to scroll up and down with your right Thumb (or the other way with the left thumb if you prefer, sure the priv and Keys can do to (well except the LE I guess) ).
    -HDMI'ing youtube etc to the Big Screen is good too (cables, i forgot which type, not included), and sharing those pics on the big screen wirelessly through DNLA capable devices is good too)
    -Customizing the ALARM (stopwatch and timer too) with your own sounds is cool too, CALENDAR good, REMEMBER app, simple, but awesome.
    -DOCS2GO (spreadsheet,presentation,wordproccessing is decent if a little undocumented though).
    -FILEMANAGERr is capable to especially move files between internal memory and sd-cards.
    -CALCULATOR (tip,conversions,and logrithmic functions) not bad either.
    -COMPASS (check)
    -STORYMAKER- can be fun or productive, tying in with photo albums (CAMERA) and song (MUSIC) favorites, or screen shots of text in REMEMBER or DOCS-to-GO, or Web Browser rendered pages.
    .....but...3rd party apps especially the big ones (snap,instagram,facebook...etc) who copied BBM and didn't pay a licensing :-) ....well they're harder to work with, partially work or don't at all (latest versions)...though some guru here might point you to something that might work.
    But BBM itself seems okay.
    cbosdell likes this.
    02-27-19 12:23 PM
    Plus, without handsfree phone, stereo tuner nav system integrated with automobile.
    Sounds like my dream car....especially with standard transmission. Now if only I could install a dash sized hdmi-touchscreen attached to the passport to use it as all those things in the car :-)
    02-27-19 12:29 PM
    StoryMaker was good while it lasted... Not anymore, unfortunately.
    02-28-19 03:53 PM
    StoryMaker was good while it lasted... Not anymore, unfortunately.
    Whys doesn't StoryMaker work? Are you sure about this?
    02-28-19 04:37 PM
    StoryMaker Still works. Maybe the poster just didn't think it was good enough for their use-case.

-Can't forget about ASSISTANT.....especially when looking for a pdf file (or any file) you saved somewhere, but don't quite remember where. That and a dozen other uses people have for it, verbal interaction...."HEY BLACKBERRY open the CALCULATOR app" (because you don't remember what folder you might have put it in). Ring Anthony (handsfree almost phoning)

-FOLDERS -for rearranging your screens, to the way you want the work to flow....and if you forget where the app is, ask the ASSISTANT to open it.
    03-02-19 04:43 AM
    Hi All.. I brought BB passport and I am new to BB ecosystem.. I am living in UAE now. any advices what to do and what not to do?? Any specific Suggestions??
    Use it for technology, use it as an out of the box device, use it as stand out, use it only for call and email. I'm sure people will ask you in public what is it? It's a rare device, it's a head turn device. I still use it from 2015, people still think it's a mordern device, who never used blackberry. Some see it and laugh. Some see it and are curious. Voice calling through sim is best and better than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    PwrSurge likes this.
    03-02-19 11:31 AM
    Use it for technology, use it as an out of the box device, use it as stand out, use it only for call and email. I'm sure people will ask you in public what is it? It's a rare device, it's a head turn device. I still use it from 2015, people still think it's a mordern device, who never used blackberry. Some see it and laugh. Some see it and are curious. Voice calling through sim is best and better than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with above. Passport SE is my daily driver using it mostly for work and as a communication device.

In case you decide to use Android apps (use Yalp store) install only you need and make sure that in app settings you prevent 'run app in the background' to prevent battery drain or overheating and enjoy the last year.

After December I believe you still would be able to do security wipe but you won't be able to access apps from BlackBerry World.

Cheers
    A.
    03-05-19 01:35 PM
    Use outlook for your calendar, email and contacts and get evernote native app working and connected to your outlook mail. Learn how to use hub and evernote for sharing.

For the Stock Browser.
    https://autoraidapi.github.io/Bookmarklets/

Posted via CB10
    I haven't seen this before, are the bookmarklets something to modify the stock browser?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    03-06-19 04:48 AM
    I haven't seen this before, are the bookmarklets something to modify the stock browser?

They can modify pages in the stock browser or automate tasks. I'm still putting these together in my spare time.

They are faster than addons because the js engine and cpu dont run any code until the hyperlink is clicked, this allows a magnitude of difference in loaded program performance.

The installer that I setup atm comes from an Amazon CDN that I have been maintaining. I do not use tracker scripts and I try to make sure they don't cause any noise that you are unaware of, but also run well on minimum Z10 level processor and memory. So a Passport I hope would have np at all.

Here are some links to others. Please note however the Media Rip if you find it does expose your IP and other credentials to the server you force the file open from. Which imo is not that important if taking the video was your intention in the first place, or if the server is one you know, own, or trust.

https://github.com/Autoraidapi/Bookmarklets

I may be able to setup a bookmarklet suite for magnet links, http radio streaming and RSS feeds if I have the time and motivation. These can also be served from the native evernote application. Term48 or iServe would be better but more technical to explain. I was going to make a how to at some point or just document it for the hell of it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 03-06-19 at 12:51 PM.
    03-06-19 05:04 AM
    Whys doesn't StoryMaker work? Are you sure about this?
    There was separate thread about issues with the Story Maker. May be not all devices were affected. The main problem was with new stories saves. Video stories,at least. I still could save them if made from pictures but not from videos.
    03-09-19 05:45 PM
    There was separate thread about issues with the Story Maker. May be not all devices were affected. The main problem was with new stories saves. Video stories,at least. I still could save them if made from pictures but not from videos.
    Did not realize this. FWIW mine is working fine on my Passport using the latest OS. Thanks for the heads up.
    03-09-19 05:48 PM
    Did not realize this. FWIW mine is working fine on my Passport using the latest OS. Thanks for the heads up.
    Mine working too. As matter of fact I just made a story and saved it by story maker!

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    03-09-19 10:37 PM
    Nee help on my newly acquired passport, I know its a little bit late to have one. But I am planning to use it for the rest of 2019. I need advice on what to's..
    qan qaq likes this.
    03-28-19 12:57 PM
    Nee help on my newly acquired passport, I know its a little bit late to have one. But I am planning to use it for the rest of 2019. I need advice on what to's..
    Big front pockets on your pants or cargo shorts... welcome to cb...
    03-28-19 04:16 PM
    I recommend you install only apps you need for the ART and it will perform well...

You will need Cobalt's Google apps to settle playstore function. you may need a secondary browser (Firefox) to overcome native browser showing age. Try alternatives for apks that misbehave. use browser pages mostly for banking and other secured items.

you will love the passport...
    03-28-19 04:46 PM
    I recommend you install only apps you need for the ART and it will perform well...

you may need a secondary browser (Firefox) to overcome native browser showing age.

Where do you get Firefox for BlackBerry 10? I haven't seen it on BlackBerry World...

03-28-19 09:04 PM
    Use Firefox for Android... it is on Google playstore accessible on Passport when the legendary Cobalt adaptation easily found here on CB with clear instructions. Also, Firefox is obtainable elsewhere such as APKMirror.com where there are many versions available.get one said to work on Android 4.3 which is the ART on Passport.
    03-28-19 09:12 PM
    Where do you get Firefox for BlackBerry 10? I haven't seen it on BlackBerry World...

You can download them from apkmirror....
    03-29-19 07:58 AM
    Sounds good, any idea which is the newest version that will run on BlackBerry 10 phones?

03-31-19 05:09 PM
    Sounds good, any idea which is the newest version that will run on BlackBerry 10 phones?

57.0.4 is reported to run well, and I agree to that. It's quite fast and fluent to be an androidbrowser.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-19 01:20 AM

You will need Cobalt's Google apps to settle playstore function. you may need a secondary browser (Firefox) to overcome native browser showing age. Try alternatives for apks that misbehave. use browser pages mostly for banking and other secured items.

I am not so sure, but I do not understand what is "apps you need for the ART" ,
    04-04-19 03:54 AM
    Just installed the firefox, I am just curious on how to manage or turn off some of the security settings on this one

Posted via CB10
    04-04-19 05:27 AM
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mozill...7-0-4-release/

This release comes in several variants (we currently have 3). Do I want to get arch:
    armeabi-v7a Android4.1+nodpi,
    arm64-v8a Android 5.0+nodpi or x86 Android 4.1+nodpi for my Q10?

04-04-19 05:38 AM
103 12345