Hi All.. I brought BB passport and I am new to BB ecosystem.. I am living in UAE now. any advices what to do and what not to do?? Any specific Suggestions??
    qan qaq likes this.
    02-11-19 07:00 AM
    Here's a good read:
    It's nearly 2019, it's time to stop using BlackBerry 10 devices! https://www.crackberry.com/its-nearl...rry-10-devices
    Hi All.. I brought BB passport and I am new to BB ecosystem.. I am living in UAE now. any advices what to do and what not to do?? Any specific Suggestions??
    Should've bought a KEY² or KEY² LE. Passport is ok for basic (calls/sms/email/PDA functions) use.
    BB10 is a dead OS, will be on EOL status by the end of this year.
    the_boon, qan qaq and John Albert like this.
    02-11-19 08:40 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Passport should be good on phone calls, text, email and some web browsing. ART is limited to 4.3 so don’t expect much for app ecosystem dependency on Android ports or the APKs since 4.4 and higher isn’t possible.
    @TrumpetTiger has many BB10 specific informational posts and solutions
    02-11-19 08:46 AM
    Passport is a really good and capable device. Of course it's limited by its age and so on. However,your needs are crucial. Except for using it for text, email, sms as said above, I use it for a lot of things: social (Facebook, instagram), media (pods, Netflix, play tv, youtube, deezer),messenging, looking up public transport, navigate, parking apps (android apps) . Some apps are third part, others android.

I suggest you take your time and learn to know your phone and then browse and read on this forum. You'll find a lot of info and ideas. Then ask again.

Check BBW and find relevant apps. Download before it close down at the end of this year.

Enjoy your Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 02-11-19 at 09:26 AM.
    LorensHubalde likes this.
    02-11-19 09:16 AM
    Get used to using it without additional native apps, as BlackBerry World will be shut down at the end of this year.

But you can use Yalp to get some older Android apps from the Google Play Store.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/
    02-11-19 09:18 AM
    Enjoy, you can customize email accounts and set unique notification alerts like different color led lights or vibration for each email account or text by going to. Settings - Normal- Customize App Notifications - Email

Posted via CB10
    02-11-19 11:11 AM
    BlackBerry Passport how to videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?rel...tqwQrd5KMs-uhh
    02-11-19 11:35 AM
    Hey Mac,

Feel free to PM me (click my name in orange at the top of the post, then PM in blue) if you have any specific questions or concerns, or just post in the forums here and we'll help as much as we can.

My main advice is to disregard those who claim BB10 is dead, useless, or otherwise not worth it. There are many native apps that work well (some of which have been released by their devs and so will not be affected by the Blackberry World shutdown) and Android apps tend to fill the gap nicely. The Passport is a great phone; I'm sure you'll love it!
    tado261, qan qaq and JaeBB like this.
    02-11-19 02:17 PM
    Here's a good read:
    It's nearly 2019, it's time to stop using BlackBerry 10 devices! https://www.crackberry.com/its-nearl...rry-10-devices
    02-11-19 04:39 PM
    I'm curious as to why someone would buy an EOL blackberry passport as their first blackberry. Get a keyone and enjoy the modern era
    02-11-19 05:37 PM
    I'm curious as to why someone would buy an EOL blackberry passport as their first blackberry. Get a keyone and enjoy the modern era
    Probably didn’t research the 12/31/2019 EOL message enough or doesn’t understand the impact. Confused though, as does mention the BB10 ecosystem which suggests kind of familiarity.....

Good luck OP, I see @TrumpetTiger has reached out as well...
    02-11-19 05:40 PM
    Use outlook for your calendar, email and contacts and get evernote native app working and connected to your outlook mail. Learn how to use hub and evernote for sharing.

For the Stock Browser.
    https://autoraidapi.github.io/Bookmarklets/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 02-12-19 at 02:49 AM.
    02-11-19 06:48 PM
    Download the BEOL browser from this thread. It's an internet browser that doesn't have many bells or whistles, but it works.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...owser-1142073/
    02-11-19 09:33 PM
    Download the BEOL browser from this thread. It's an internet browser that doesn't have many bells or whistles, but it works.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...owser-1142073/
    Although Kiwi browser is a bit faster, has a much higher compatibility rating, and is more secure with TLS 1.3.

It also incorporates ad-blocking and a bottom nav bar.
    02-11-19 09:36 PM
    Although Kiwi browser is a bit faster, has a much higher compatibility rating, and is more secure with TLS 1.3.

It also incorporates ad-blocking and a bottom nav bar.
    Hi Conite. I tried that browser when you first recommended it on these forums. Unfortunately, it didn't work perfectly on websites I needed it to, while the BEOL browser did. Maybe that has changed recently, but the BEOL browser is handling everything I throw at it so far. Cheers.
    02-11-19 10:41 PM
    Hi Conite. I tried that browser when you first recommended it on these forums. Unfortunately, it didn't work perfectly on websites I needed it to, while the BEOL browser did. Maybe that has changed recently, but the BEOL browser is handling everything I throw at it so far. Cheers.
    What website? It's a chromium browser, and should be able to render anything.
    02-11-19 11:06 PM
    What website? It's a chromium browser, and should be able to render anything.
    I download it again to try out, but the copy and paste function is really messed up. It only remembers the first thing I copy. Subsequent copies don't register and it just pastes the first thing.

The good news is that the current version of Firefox browser is actually working really nice with my Passport now. I never thought it would work so well.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 03:41 AM
    I download it again to try out, but the copy and paste function is really messed up. It only remembers the first thing I copy. Subsequent copies don't register and it just pastes the first thing.

The good news is that the current version of Firefox browser is actually working really nice with my Passport now. I never thought it would work so well.

Posted via CB10
    Which version of firefox?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 11:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Im using this one.
    https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/mobile/releases/48.0/

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 02:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Firefox 65.0

I can't believe it's working so well on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 03:02 PM
    Hi @mikael11.. I am using BB Passport as my secondary phone. My primary phone is Samsung Galaxy S9+. Yes, I use it mainly for email and to read articles. I was quite surprised when I found my fav app working here which is Blinkst. I badly want protonmail and lastpass in my passport. I tried to download the apk versions, but they are not opening and are crashing everytime.. any suggestions??
    02-13-19 04:54 AM
    I am using passport as my secondary phone. I got it only for AED 550 (UAE). KEY2 LE will cost much more. Reading emails is a joy on this phone. Thanks for your suggestions.
    02-13-19 04:58 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion.. will follow @TrumpetTiger
    02-13-19 05:00 AM
    Thanks, Just downloaded Yalp.. I hope the apps that I love will work in passport
    02-13-19 05:10 AM
    Hi @mikael11.. I am using BB Passport as my secondary phone. My primary phone is Samsung Galaxy S9+. Yes, I use it mainly for email and to read articles. I was quite surprised when I found my fav app working here which is Blinkst. I badly want protonmail and lastpass in my passport. I tried to download the apk versions, but they are not opening and are crashing everytime.. any suggestions??
    For proton mail read this http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1157921

Lastpass, I don't know what it is, maybe some other one do!
    Edit: I figure it is a password app. Well I find the native stock app to be very good, but maybe it lacks functions you need. I don't know how old lastpass is but try to find an earlier version compatible with android 4.3 or lower and you may have a chance.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 02-13-19 at 11:24 PM.
    02-13-19 06:45 AM
103 123 ...