As much as I want to switch device. my sister is about to give me her iphone 6s (Brand new) BUT im worried about the battery and nothing beats the hub and the pkb. Responding to email is quick and easy with passport. If the swipe gesture is a big help. Though til now im having hard time with the touch screen part of passport hahahah

if ur leaning on using hub and u cant live without ur pkb then sooner or later u will comeback with ur passport

if ur getting frustrated with the apps then this means goodbye

Posted via CB10
    I also made a switch to 6s in spring didn't want to however but BlackBerry forced me to however I do enjoy the frequent updates and the fact everything works well transition went smooth you'll like it .
    11-14-16 04:45 AM
    Used DTEK50 for one month as my primary phone. Plan to switch back to passport in January 2017
    11-14-16 04:46 AM
    Just bought the Priv. After 2+ years with my original Passport since launch, Q10, Z10 and all the old BlackBerry 7. I'm switching to Android. I hope it'll be as good as BB10.
    If not, then I'm going back straight to my PP !
    *brothers and sisters !
    Posted via the king of smartphones. The Passport.
    Congratulations for making the right choice. The Priv will not not disappoint you at all. Only thing which you will miss is the giant key board on the Passport . But I am sure after few days you will master the Priv PKB .
    11-14-16 06:50 AM
    I dont use passport but dont understand what is ur concern to switch to android

pp has 3gb ram and using cobalt method, u can install play services and play store & any android app. And they definitely run smoother with 3gb ram (as they run smooth on 2gb ram q10, I can understand how smooth they run on pp)

with 3450mAh battery, u should not face battery issues using android apps

even u install many android apps, battery should last for 1 full day

this is perfect bb10 pkb phone where u can run android apps smoothly

then, why do u need android phone?
    Last edited by babugaru1; 11-14-16 at 07:27 AM.
    11-14-16 07:03 AM
    I dont have budget, otherwise I could have already purchased pp already
    11-14-16 07:06 AM
    The app selection is much better, but the phone isn't as good as the PP.
    Exactly what I thought the first few hours spending with it. App selection is huge and although build quality is amazing. I have to admit it is inferior to the PP. Even after 2+ years with it, the battery still holds up a bit better than the Priv.
    11-14-16 05:09 PM
    Congratulations for making the right choice. The Priv will not not disappoint you at all. Only thing which you will miss is the giant key board on the Passport . But I am sure after few days you will master the Priv PKB .
    Thank you ! It's too soon to judge, just 2 days into the Priv. You're spot on about the giant keyboard of the Passport, but I'm starting to get used to it again (Q10 before)
    11-14-16 05:13 PM

pp has 3gb ram and using cobalt method, u can install play services and play store & any android app. And they definitely run smoother with 3gb ram (as they run smooth on 2gb ram q10, I can understand how smooth they run on pp)

You're making me question whether I made the right decision or not !
    Anyway, I got the Priv because I wanted to try it.
    11-14-16 05:18 PM
    Have a safe journey my dear brother.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky
    Thank you brother.
    11-14-16 05:19 PM
    Report back. I'm curious but not close to leaving.

Posted via CB10
    Well after 2 days I can tell you one thing, Passport is the beast of phones. Better battery performance even after 2 years of heavy use, superior build quality (not by much to be honest) and BB10 will remain the best OS for me.
    11-14-16 05:41 PM
    Thank you ! It's too soon to judge, just 2 days into the Priv. You're spot on about the giant keyboard of the Passport, but I'm starting to get used to it again (Q10 before)
    Keep us posted Mohamad. Have a nice time with the Priv.
    11-14-16 09:49 PM
    If I can win a new dtek60 I will be right there with you. Love my z30 and bb10, but I think it is time to move on but stay with Blackberry.
    11-16-16 07:29 PM
    I bought a Priv and switched to a Passport personally. First bout the pp as a cool thing to try for 100$, bow it's my main.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 09:53 PM
    Hi Mohamad,

I have exactly the same BlackBerry experience as you. Because of a job change, I reluctantly turned in my black Passport and because they are BYOD I bought a new Passport SE, but since my new company uses Google Gmail and apps integration so extensively, I returned the SE and bought a Priv.

I'm three weeks into the Priv now.

Impressions at first were that I had no idea what I was doing. I completely had to learn from scratch how to tweak this phone and optimize the settings. Out of zeal to protect privacy and battery life, I disabled too many things and have been slowly turning stuff back on.

The only apps I have installed are Salesforce 1, AccuWeather and Crackberry.

I have disabled a lot of pre-installed apps ( news and weather etc) that I don't need.

Keyboard took a bit of getting used to with the shallower key travel. Size isn't an issue. I'm typing this post on my Q10 that I have kept for personal use, but transitioning to the Priv keyboard and back is easy for me since they have a similar layout vs the Passport. I mostly use the PKB, but more and more for short messages I use the VKB and love the BlackBerry style VKB that the phone has as a default.

I love the Priv's display - stunning. Phone reception and Bluetooth has been flawless. Battery life seems to be on par with my Passport, except if I am surfing websites with a lot of multimedia on data instead of WiFi the phone gets warm and eats battery more.

Camera takes amazing pics.

The big learning curve for me has been adjusting how to do certain tasks or interact with the OS vs BB10. It's been interesting finding how Android does things with phone and app setup. Not bad, just different.

You will miss a few things, adjust to others, and delight at some surprisingly elegant things Android does.

Bottom line, I suggest playing with it, get to know it, read the forums here at Crackberry and Android Central and learn.

I am a true BB10 loyalist, but my Priv is winning me over and I must say as a reluctant convert, i've gone from kind of just tolerating it for work and hiding it to being quite happy and productive with it and each day I learn something new and now I'm proud to show it off and it's fun when people see it's a BlackBerry cuz they didn't know they still made them!

I have three people now who want to buy one haha!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 12:04 PM

The form is simply different. Priv is pocketable and Passport - in most cases - not. And Priv has newer Android version, so using newer accessories syncing with Android 4.4+ is possible. BB10 still have RT4.3 - maybe won't be updated again since BBRY is concentrating about its Android phones now.

And yeah, not everyone likes to sideload or patch apps. There is definitely a better way, like an app store.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-17-16 12:55 PM
    The form is simply different. Priv is pocketable and Passport - in most cases - not. And Priv has newer Android version, so using newer accessories syncing with Android 4.4+ is possible. BB10 still have RT4.3 - maybe won't be updated again since BBRY is concentrating about its Android phones now.

And yeah, not everyone likes to sideload or patch apps. There is definitely a better way, like an app store.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    The Passport is much more pocketable than those oversized candybar monstrosities. They are too long for regular front pockets.

Posted via CB10
    DrMalik likes this.
    11-17-16 11:21 PM
    How is the priv.?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 11:40 PM
42 12