I have to have 3 full charges to get through one day. So frustrating I can barely use it anymore other than a phone anymore as the battery just cannot hold a charge anymore.

Please, please, please can the Passport have a respectable battery that lasts over time.

I have been offered the 5S by vodafone 9 months before the end of my contract if I buy out for 199. Seriously vodafone if you want me to leave BlackBerry you gotta do better than that!
    08-11-14 03:47 PM
    I have a z10 too and the same problem with batteries and charge last. I have to us every day the second battery.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:50 PM
    It is so embarrassing to explain BlackBerry is so different and much improved when I cannot even show off the damn phone. I would be lying if I was never tempted by an iPhone.

PassPort has to be a complete quality hardware product that is BUILT TO LAST like the 4S is Apple's most successful and longest selling iPhone.
    08-11-14 03:52 PM
    Ahh yes. Z10 battery is bad enough. It gets worse as it gets older too. I have a cheapo battery off eBay that outlasts the stock one because the stock one is over a year old and waning. I don't think you have to worry much about newer devices. BlackBerry made sure all devices after the Z10 had sufficient battery sizes. The Q10, Q5 and Z30 are all monsters and, given the size of the Passport, you won't have to worry about battery much longer. Enjoy the Passport or whatever you get. If you aren't willing to upgrade for whatever reason I would invest in a battery bundle for your Z10. A new battery will help a lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:59 PM
    I have to have 3 full charges to get through one day. So frustrating I can barely use it anymore other than a phone anymore as the battery just cannot hold a charge anymore.

Please, please, please can the Passport have a respectable battery that lasts over time.

I have been offered the 5S by vodafone 9 months before the end of my contract if I buy out for 199. Seriously vodafone if you want me to leave BlackBerry you gotta do better than that!
    I would just buy a second battery for $20 - that is the least expensive way to go. Especially if you're in the UK, unless something goes wrong you are mere weeks away from the Passport being released. You should see marked improvement being its a new battery.

ps: Passport is one word and therefore the "P" should not be capitalized.
    08-11-14 04:02 PM
    ps: Passport is one word and therefore the "P" should not be capitalized.
    I prefer PassPort lol...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 04:20 PM
    Was having the same issue so I got a battery bundle... now I just swap batteries... it's not ideal but at least I don't have to be a wall hugger...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 04:23 PM
    Not me !

I bought a new battery 4 months ago and issues are coming back. Need to be plug twice Day . Some reboots in the week. Maybe 10.3 isn't efficient but it is the first z10' issue.
    08-11-14 04:29 PM

Get a new battery and a BlackBerry backup battery pack. Why not throw in one 2.1 amp BlackBerry charger as well.
    08-11-14 04:29 PM
    I bought the bigger battery that's 4500mah. Here's hoping I fall back in love with my z10....

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 04:42 PM
    I'd get a second battery for the Z10 and then start thinking about getting another device. Your Z has the great advantage of having a removable battery, why don't you use it?

Once the Passports battery starts to decline after 12-18 months, you'll either have to send it in for a warrenty repair or open the housing yourself.
    08-11-14 05:10 PM
    I bought the bigger battery that's 4500mah. Here's hoping I fall back in love with my z10....

Posted via CB10
    I think you already have.
    08-11-14 05:12 PM
    I'd get a second battery for the Z10 and then start thinking about getting another device. Your Z has the great advantage of having a removable battery, why don't you use it?

Once the Passports battery starts to decline after 12-18 months, you'll either have to send it in for a warrenty repair or open the housing yourself.
    Yes. I would much rather have removable battery.
    08-11-14 05:13 PM
    Fair enough.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:17 PM
    Also you could buy another or scratch that. Collect them all. Z10's that is. I'll guess you have the black one. So now you have to get the red, white and Porsche ones. Keep then all fully charged and rotate between them for zero down time.
    08-11-14 05:21 PM
    Also you could buy another or scratch that. Collect them all. Z10's that is. I'll guess you have the black one. So now you have to get the red, white and Porsche ones. Keep then all fully charged and rotate between them for zero down time.
    Good idea

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:26 PM
    Also you could get the BlackBerry battery backup for the Z30. It's non removable (booooooo!). But bigger than the Z10 one.
    08-11-14 05:31 PM
    I bought a battery bundle day one and have never run out of juice. Totally worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup and spikesolie like this.
    08-12-14 12:00 AM
    I bought a battery bundle day one and have never run out of juice. Totally worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yea. Thats the way to go!
    08-12-14 01:45 AM
    I'm in the same boat. My Z10 is slowly dying on me, after having gotten two replacement units on warranty. Two spare batteries are absolutely necessary to get me through an extended day.

I really look forward to getting the Passport, and it can't come soon enough.
    08-12-14 02:07 AM
    Might I mention my extra battery fits in my tiny wallet? I just slide it there and stick the wallet in my back pocket

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 01:52 AM