I wanna switch but in my area of Philadelphia PA there is nearly NO info or stores on Virgin and very little on boost. I only want to leave cricket because the sector or Philly I just moved to is a dead zone otherwise I have no issues all over the city, just in this one spot which happens to be my home now, grrr! I know sprint works here so Boost and Virgin is sprint, trying to see if I can get my passport se onto it and port my number. Anybody know from experience about either one? They are CDMA or GSM and if CDMA do they support the Sim card still?...

Thanks from the city of brotherly Love, DPR

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 12:40 PM
    You really need to take some time to see what technology is being used... Passport doesn't work well on CDMA Networks - unless they have the right LTE Bands. SPRINT is primary a CDMA Carrier and I taught they were also Virgin Mobile....

Passport should work great on T-Mobile or AT&T (what version do you have).... you say Cricket doesn't work so I guess AT&T is out. See if you can use a T-Mobile.

Sounds like the Passport isn't a good fit.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-04-17 01:09 PM
    You really need to take some time to see what technology is being used... Passport doesn't work well on CDMA Networks - unless they have the right LTE Bands. SPRINT is primary a CDMA Carrier and I taught they were also Virgin Mobile....

Passport should work great on T-Mobile or AT&T (what version do you have).... you say Cricket doesn't work so I guess AT&T is out. See if you can use a T-Mobile.

Sounds like the Passport isn't a good fit.
    Passport SE works great except in my new house is a dead zone, just the one or two houses by me, few hundred feet all over the rest of the city Cricket as in AT & T is superb. I was curious if virgin used Sim cards with the CDMA like verizon? I know sprint works at this house and T-Mobile is also a dead zone. What would go wrong or could go wrong with the Passport on Virgin or Boost which are both sprint? Data issues? If it can even be done as in get a actual Sim for virgin or boost and bring your own phone.

Passport would be a great fit for me with no data and wifi! LOL.

Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 01:17 PM
    The best thing you can do is go to the store and have them put a SIM in your phone. Most stores should have a test SIM available.

Most likely, you will only get 2G data if the Passport doesn't have compatible LTE bands.
    08-04-17 01:25 PM
    Passport SE works great except in my new house is a dead zone, just the one or two houses by me, few hundred feet all over the rest of the city Cricket as in AT & T is superb. I was curious if virgin used Sim cards with the CDMA like verizon? I know sprint works at this house and T-Mobile is also a dead zone. What would go wrong or could go wrong with the Passport on Virgin or Boost which are both sprint? Data issues? If it can even be done as in get a actual Sim for virgin or boost and bring your own phone.

Passport would be a great fit for me with no data and wifi! LOL.

Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the Passport was compatible with "anything" SPRINT had... 3G or LTE. Wonder what your phone is connecting to....

Pull up the Spec from you provider and compare it to the version of the Passport you have. If you want better coverage you'll need a better match.
    08-04-17 01:35 PM
    Boost and Virgin are CDMA so your phone won't work on their network

Rock'n that Passport SE aka the KeyONE's fat sister
    08-04-17 03:20 PM