11-24-14 11:13 AM
38 12
tools
    Throw it to me! :3
    11-17-14 07:32 PM
    PIM services causing a massive drain is almost always related to your PIM provider. I personally found GMAIL to be the worst for it.

Lotus (IBM) Notes has always been a horrible piece of...Work. I can't believe IBM actually took it over, we had nothing but problems with it when I was working at IBM. Ran slower then a rock in a marathon.

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    11-17-14 08:30 PM
    I run hotmail, gmail and lotus notus (through exchange) on push and still get wonderful battery life. How are you accessing lotus notes? I just set up the exchange parameters from the traveller page and it all worked. I was told by IT that it couldn't be done. Ha! 5 minutes and I was up and running and synced. I get email instantly now - much faster than notes on my PC. If only blend would run under linux.......
    11-17-14 09:28 PM
    Hey,
    I'd suggest you only sync email in each Email Account. Contacts and notes usually drain the battery trying to constantly sync any small detail added or removed from the contacts and notes, that includes Evernote account in the settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:29 AM
    Just turn off push for email accounts you don't use much.

I used to have 3-4 emails, bbm, facebook running on a z10 and still pull 8-12hrs out of one charge depending on the web.

You can also try a battery saver app like deep sleep battery saver (android) that turns off your radios (calls, sms work) and wakes the phone up at intervals to sync other things.
    11-18-14 02:46 AM
    If there's a battery drain on PIM services, I would just disable email push and then increase the polling interval for some or all of your email accounts. You may do it one by one so to find out if any single email account is draining your battery.

I wish BlackBerry device manager could break down PIM series battery usage by accounts in future versions.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    11-18-14 09:00 AM
    Make sure any of your cloud sync services are set to only wifi or even paused or manually syncing. Also you can set your calendar syncs to every few hours to save some battery/data, unless you update them very regularly

I had this same problem with my Z10 and it was killing my battery and also ringing up a nice data bill. Apparently there was some sort of bug in the OS so I did a security wipe and then everything was fine from there. You can backup the phone and what not but I was too lazy. I lost a couple videos and a few contacts but I knew it would happen.

If you still have the Q10 I would suggest maybe using the device switch app to bring over all of your contacts and then after the wipe bring them back. Everything else I have on my phone is on my sd card anyways. Just apps on my actual phone.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:24 AM
    Update after a week. I blamed the IBM Notes integration for the PIM services, but it was not the cause. The PIM Services came back to normal after I removed:
    Facebook account
    Apple mac.com email account
    I don't know which one was causing the issue though. I stopped using both on the Passport.
    I will restart Facebook and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    11-24-14 08:29 AM
    Update after a week. I blamed the IBM Notes integration for the PIM services, but it was not the cause. The PIM Services came back to normal after I removed:
    Facebook account
    Apple mac.com email account
    I don't know which one was causing the issue though. I stopped using both on the Passport.
    I will restart Facebook and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    Goog finding, one of them probably is hacking your data.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 08:44 AM
    Buy sleep case for it or just a pouch. Your phone probably spends a lot of time on moving around in your pocket. Ebay
    11-24-14 08:52 AM
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but, have you tried a hard reset? Press vol up and down at the same time for 10 seconds until it resets. Or press power button for 10s until it resets.

If it still doesn't work, try draining your battery to empty until it shuts off. Then charge. That kills the PIM surge.

I hope It helps.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-24-14 08:58 AM
    Your pim issue won't last. Give it time. These things settle themselves out.

I'm always on 4G and LTE, I have a Gmail, Outlook, and work account on active sync, Igrann, snap10, CB.

My phone gets average/medium use during the day and heavier use at night.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 316616
    Attachment 316617
    11-24-14 09:26 AM
    My wife had this issue and it was resolved by logging out of evernote.

She uploaded 60 GB of data one month.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:13 AM
38 12