I am trying hard to like my Passport, after 7 years of iPhone (all of them except 6), I looked for something new and opted 4 months ago for a Q10. Got adjusted to the BB OS, and bought a Passport a month ago.

It's new, it's different, great screen, keyboard, phone calls, apps... no problems for me, all good

I got 2 major issues that are killing me and I wanted several time to through it out the window:
    - yesterday business travel heavy use, at the end of the day go to bed 50% remaining battery life, great... today it's only 5pm 18% left and I won't finish my day !!
    The freaking "pim services" started to drain the battery and consume all my data package. Hard reset, reboot, nothing change ! This is the second occurrence and I don't know how to fix it.
    The first time 3 weeks ago, I thought it was BlackBerry Travel which caused the issue and remove/reinstall it, this cured the pb... not this time. I did not install anything new between yesterday and today.

- the touch screen is so sensitive that it is turning on in my pocket as I walk and do all kind of things by himself, calls, add agenda items, change settings... this is really annoying...

If I can't fix the "pim service" thing quick enough this thing is going to the trash...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:00 AM
    Don't throw it in the trash, I'll take it!

Heh, so you're saying you charged the phone overnight and the next day you found the battery to be draining quickly? Which OS are you using and who is your carrier? I know that sometimes when the signal is weak, the battery will drain much quicker. I also find that enabling Wi-Fi where Wi-Fi is available helps a lot with the battery.

Regarding the screen being sensitive, you can disable the option to unlock with the screen. Go to Settings and you should be able to find the option under Display. It's called Swipe to Unlock.
    11-06-14 10:05 AM
    Oh boy here we go again.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:06 AM
    A password and the flip to save power setting under advanced interactions may help with the pocket dialing issue. Or a case. Not really sure, just a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-06-14 10:09 AM
    I use mine in my pockets daily. Never pocket dial. Z10 I did but no issue on the Passport

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-06-14 10:16 AM
    I feel you on the screen sensitivity, within the last month I have had to disable swipe to wake because of it making its own emerge calls on me. This is however not with a pp but a Q5.

It is an issue with your pants and your habbits

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:27 AM
    Thanks Sk8, I should have found the "swipe to wake", it will probably work I have this issue fixed...

Regarding the OS I am on official 10.3.0.908, but it did the same on the previous OS. Yesterday and today were 2 identical days staying most of the day in meeting room. So no usage difference.

The battery is the number 1 reason I have stopped using iPhone, I was like all those users sweating after 3pm trying to find an way to charge. Or constantly having to have a cable to charge the iPhone. Since I move to BB I did not haven't think about the battery anymore... except those instances.
    Last night when I went to bed, I was so happy to see 50%, I was thinking this was the right move. But today this "pim service" happen again and kill my hopes..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:38 AM
    A password and the flip to save power setting under advanced interactions may help with the pocket dialing issue. Or a case. Not really sure, just a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    This is very true. "Lift to wake" causes the setting changes and pocket dialing with my Q10 when it's in my pocket.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-06-14 11:29 AM
    Thanks Sk8, I should have found the "swipe to wake", it will probably work I have this issue fixed...

Regarding the OS I am on official 10.3.0.908, but it did the same on the previous OS. Yesterday and today were 2 identical days staying most of the day in meeting room. So no usage difference.

The battery is the number 1 reason I have stopped using iPhone, I was like all those users sweating after 3pm trying to find an way to charge. Or constantly having to have a cable to charge the iPhone. Since I move to BB I did not haven't think about the battery anymore... except those instances.
    Last night when I went to bed, I was so happy to see 50%, I was thinking this was the right move. But today this "pim service" happen again and kill my hopes..

Posted via CB10
    How many accounts do you have set up? I used to have the PIM issues on my other phones but not the passport this far.

How often do you have syncing set up for?

How many email accounts?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-06-14 11:31 AM
    The screen is the #1 drain on mobile phones. I would bet that if it is no longer turning on in your pocket you will be back to your first day battery life.
    boi2012 likes this.
    11-06-14 11:33 AM
    Pim services issue is tough one to resolve. It only happened to one of our family's Z10. But on others and Passport, there is no such issue. I wonder if it is related to Gmail accounts. If you have Gmail accounts in the hub, then how many are there?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:43 AM
    I don't know how to make this a link but check out this from the forum "What is pim services on my z10" similar issues with a suggested way forward.
    Hope it helps
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 11:45 AM
    I pocket dial a few times but I figured out it was my bluetooth headset in my pocket that was dialing not my PP
    11-06-14 11:52 AM
    Hi there!!

I will try and assist you here. Maybe with a few minor changes you can enjoy your Passport a little more.

If you are having issues with Battery drainage and data sucking, try the following.....

1. Shut it all down!! Turn off all push notifications. I found Facebook was one of the worst for battery and data draining. Set up Facebook and Twitter to manual updates only. So only when you launch the app will it push new updates and messages. I don't use Whatsapp so I can't tell you if it's possible. Even Crackberry updates a lot so manual only for all apps with notifications. Set email for as little as possible, and just check manually periodically throughout the day.

2. If you have the ability to utilize 2G (Edge/GPRS) do so. Use HSPA+ and LTE when needed. 2G uses much less data and battery. If u need to have good coverage, then set it to HSPA+ (3G) during the day and activate LTE when needed.

3. Set your brightness right down for normal use. If needed u can easily increase it with swipedown menu.

4. install BlackBerry Virtual expert. Then if u find some apps are running in the background you can stop them from running. eg. even though you close Facebook, it will still run in the background. So I will periodically go into BBVE and shut it down manually.

5. Active Frames left running will drain battery and kill your data. I've tested this over a period of a billing cycle month. I did notice a difference. So unless u absolutely need active frames running, shut it down when you're done with the application. Headless apps will do the same thing. At least with active frames u can see it.

I hope I've been a help.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:55 AM
    I had the exact same issue with PIM services and my battery draining. I read in another thread that if you backed up your old device and restored it onto the passport, then sometimes this may cause PIM services to drain your battery - this I believe is 100% correct.

I had a Q10 and I restored it onto the passport. My passport battery was not lasting for even 1/2 the day with PIM services eating most of it. Here is what I did to fix it,

1. I deleted all EMAIL accounts from my phone.
    2. Restarted the phone
    3. Added all accounts back one by one.
    4. When you add all the accounts back, you'll notice the battery will drain quickly that day - but that is because it is doing a lot of syncing. It will be fine the next day.

Ever since I did this, my passport battery now lasts me 1.5 days almost 2 days.
    11-06-14 12:15 PM
    Thanks all for your help, I'll try the different tricks, and post my findings.
    It is correct that I imported a backup from my Q10 a month ago, which could be the issue. But what surprised me is that it was ok during the past couple of weeks. Then suddenly the drainage with PimServices.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Geselskap like this.
    11-06-14 12:21 PM
    I would definitely turn off the lift to wake feature because I think that causes the screen to keep coming on in my pocket. Once I turned that so called feature off the problem was solved.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 01:00 PM
    If all the above fail, here is a link to PIM with Blackberry.
    Enter PIM draining battery for passport.

BlackBerry Knowledge Base
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 02:42 PM
    I stopped doing "device switch" or otherwise importing settings to a new phone years ago...it seemed to always introduce some little glitch here and there. I now always set up new phones clean, and I rarely have any issues.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 04:55 PM

4. install BlackBerry Virtual expert. Then if u find some apps are running in the background you can stop them from running. eg. even though you close Facebook, it will still run in the background. So I will periodically go into BBVE and shut it down manually.

Posted via CB10
    What am I missing? I have BBVE installed and I don't see any options even remotely connected to apps, let alone being able to shut app processes down...

Help would be appreciated!

It's a phone, I'm not "running it" or "rocking it" I just use it. Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3062
    11-17-14 11:37 AM
    Latest update is that I reinstalled from scratch the os. It worked a week with normal battery autonomy...
    And this morning at 10am, here we go again PIM services is killing the phone... I have not done anything special, not installed anything.
    I am pretty sure this is linked with my IBM Notes account which is not well integrated with BlackBerry OS.
    I'll give one more chance when OS 10.3.1 will be available. If this is not fixed I am going back to the other fruit company...

I am about to give up on the Passport-img_20141117_221851.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 03:23 PM
    Oh boy here we go again.

Posted via CB10
    Haha the i should give up on my own inability to research for solutions disease

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:05 PM
    I am trying hard to like my Passport, after 7 years of iPhone (all of them except 6), I looked for something new and opted 4 months ago for a Q10. Got adjusted to the BB OS, and bought a Passport a month ago.

It's new, it's different, great screen, keyboard, phone calls, apps... no problems for me, all good

I got 2 major issues that are killing me and I wanted several time to through it out the window:
    - yesterday business travel heavy use, at the end of the day go to bed 50% remaining battery life, great... today it's only 5pm 18% left and I won't finish my day !!
    The freaking "pim services" started to drain the battery and consume all my data package. Hard reset, reboot, nothing change ! This is the second occurrence and I don't know how to fix it.
    The first time 3 weeks ago, I thought it was BlackBerry Travel which caused the issue and remove/reinstall it, this cured the pb... not this time. I did not install anything new between yesterday and today.

- the touch screen is so sensitive that it is turning on in my pocket as I walk and do all kind of things by himself, calls, add agenda items, change settings... this is really annoying...

If I can't fix the "pim service" thing quick enough this thing is going to the trash...

Posted via CB10
    I had the same PIM service battery drain issue after upgrading one of my accounts to Owncloud. I found that there was one contact that was duplicating every sync period and it was draining the battery in about 6 hours. I removed the account, removed the problematic contact entry from the cloud, set up the account again, and I'm now back to phenomenal battery life.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:41 PM
    Is there any way to set IBM Notes to manually sync? Could you get by with removing it for a a week or two as a diagnostic measure?

There's also an Android app for notes, maybe you can install that if you have snap.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:15 PM
    I don't have a Passport, but, my Z10 has never had the PIM services draining the battery problem until the last two weeks. Now I get 6 hours out of a battery where before I was getting 16.

I'm wondering what could have updated or changed in the last two weeks to cause this. I haven't installed anything new or changed any accounts but something is definitely different with my device as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:30 PM
38 12