So...

1. The Uniherz titan uses the exact same screen as the BlackBerry Passport.

2. The Passport is built around a central frame and PCB plate.

3. The dimensions of the AT&T Passport and the Titan are roughly the same.

Wouldn’t it be fairly simple to have somebody mill a replacement frame assembly for the Passport that fits the Titan PCB, screen, speakers, and battery? Might need to shave the top edge of the Tiran board a bit.

Keyboard could be a challenge... might need to be reverse engineered with a custom driver?
    12-14-20 04:07 PM
    It's not the same screen and the dimensions aren't the same.

Your idea is great but unfortunately not possible.
    12-14-20 04:51 PM
    Great Britain and France are roughly close to each other...
    methodinsane likes this.
    12-15-20 09:34 AM
    My 2000 Ford Excursion and 2008 Ford Expedition both have the 5.4 V8 and both engines are very roughly close.
    12-15-20 12:38 PM
    My 2000 Ford Excursion and 2008 Ford Expedition both have the 5.4 V8 and both engines are very roughly close.
    Jeeez how about that fuel cost?

I recall something about a passport in Brazil running Android. I guess a not for sale testing device.
    12-15-20 12:58 PM

I recall something about a passport in Brazil running Android. I guess a not for sale testing device.
    Fuel and repairs in paid for vehicles are generally far cheaper than any increased fuel and repair costs.

It was a stolen not for sale testing device if memory serves correctly.
    12-15-20 01:01 PM

BlackBerry did a mock up or two to test Android.... Passport was the only thing they had close to modern hardware.

But that wasn't going anywhere, and as happens... devices get "misplaced." But it required BlackBerry's engineers to do it, and the video showed it was a beta experience in the extreme.

Looking at the Titan tear down photos, I just don't see those components fitting into something a lot smaller.
    12-15-20 01:40 PM
    So...

1. The Uniherz titan uses the exact same screen as the BlackBerry Passport.

2. The Passport is built around a central frame and PCB plate.

3. The dimensions of the AT&T Passport and the Titan are roughly the same.

Wouldn’t it be fairly simple to have somebody mill a replacement frame assembly for the Passport that fits the Titan PCB, screen, speakers, and battery? Might need to shave the top edge of the Tiran board a bit.

Keyboard could be a challenge... might need to be reverse engineered with a custom driver?
    my 1990 Compaq Computer is a computer and should be the same as my digital storm................they both are in a box and use windows even though one is 10 and one is 95...right?
    12-15-20 04:25 PM
    Great Britain and France are roughly close to each other...
    Only in proximity!!
    12-16-20 11:23 AM
    It's not the same screen and the dimensions aren't the same.

Your idea is great but unfortunately not possible.
    The screen and PCBs of the Titan fit with some modding -- at least, that's what the calipers are telling me. The PCB is slightly narrower than that of the Passport, and has some room vertically for shaving. Same w/ the charging PCB.

Would need custom Passport frame components fabricated to fit 'em, and then height is still an issue due to battery. With the AT&T variant, height is closer. So it depends on how much can be shaved, and if not, whether charging circuit PCB could be modified to make up any remaining difference.

Re: the douchery about my dimensions comment, congratulations, y'all've scored your first win on the internet; I'm sure your parents are thrilled with your accomplishments
    Last edited by quiestbml; 12-21-20 at 09:31 PM.
    12-21-20 09:04 PM
    The screen and PCBs of the Titan fit with some modding -- at least, that's what the calipers are telling me. The PCB is slightly narrower than that of the Passport, and has some room vertically for shaving. Same w/ the charging PCB.

Would need custom Passport frame components fabricated to fit 'em, and then height is still an issue due to battery. With the AT&T variant, height is closer. So it depends on how much can be shaved, and if not, whether charging circuit PCB could be modified to make up any remaining difference.

Re: the douchery about my dimensions comment, congratulations, y'all've scored your first win on the internet; I'm sure your parents are thrilled with your accomplishments
    My mother emailed me and asked if I was one of the posters that made one of the douchey comments. I had to tell her that regrettably I was not.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-20 03:44 AM

My comment was actually very realistic. The fact all these comments weren’t eliminated pretty much goes to show there’s nothing bad about them. It’s a public forum.

The OP is what elicited the comments. Unihertz Titan was the replacement for a Passport with just enough changed to avoid BlackBerry lawsuit. The OP wasn’t very polite to Unihertz team if you think about the limitations BlackBerry dropped on top of their original project.
    eshropshire likes this.
    12-26-20 08:53 AM