OK, somewhere between the over-the-top Passport fanbois and the evil hater Passport Trolls there has to be a middle ground where we can all make fun of ourselves in some sort of tongue-in-cheek way and just get on with it. I propose we use this thread to take whatever loves and loathes we have for this controversial phone and just make fun of all the drama that goes with it. The only thing I ask, because this is indeed dangerous territory, is that all contributors keep a sense of humor about it and don't get too ****-hurt if your phone ideology takes a hit. Lighten up, everyone.

I'll go first of course:
    I've read on one thread that some poster described the way the Passport looks when turned sideways is just like a microwave oven (sorry no attribute, forget where).
    So be it.
    When I get a Passport, can someone make me an app that shows a microwave oven window screen, with something being nuked and has all the noise and even the "Ding" at the end? It can even be a real timer app too! If someone does this I promise I'll buy it, give a good review (only if it has the "ding" though) and will from then on refer to my Passport as (a) Crackberry Microwave.
    I'm not kidding. Loads of non-productive fun and just the thing to take the wind out of someone's sails, whichever camp. Or however camp.

So, what have you got for here? let 'em roll ...
    Witmen, neoberry99 and Bobert_123 like this.
    07-28-14 06:11 PM
    I had never heard it before, but now all I can think of is how much the Passport looks like a microwave when in landscape mode.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-28-14 06:36 PM
    I wish my microwave had a QWERTY keyboard so I can text and email while re-heating my leftovers!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 07:03 PM
    It's a compliment IMO. I use the microwave for everything- it's the go-to device in the kitchen... like I expect the Passport will be the go-to device outside of the kitchen. DING!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    07-28-14 08:32 PM
    Perhaps the Passport idea did not come from the passport. Perhaps it was a flash in a kitchen with a single induction stove.

Humorous Passport Fanboi Self-Deprecation Thread-morphy-20richards.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Humorous Passport Fanboi Self-Deprecation Thread-803106a0-2c94-4559-8062-65f487b92b0a.jpg  
    07-28-14 08:35 PM
    I have seen it called a pop-tart

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 08:37 PM
    If you don't like the passport, don't buy it.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-28-14 08:41 PM
    I wish my microwave had a QWERTY keyboard so I can text and email while re-heating my leftovers!

Posted via CB10
    Don't give Google any more ideas... now they'll know what I'm cooking too...

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3253
    unbreakablej likes this.
    07-28-14 09:54 PM
    What are you guys doing?
    Well.. i don't see humour around here..
    If you hate the Passport and how it looks, its fine. But not wise to laugh at it.
    If you wanna still laugh and make a joke about it, then your place is not here.
    You are welcome to leave

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    Last edited by IrwanAriWibowo; 07-28-14 at 10:32 PM.
    07-28-14 10:15 PM
    @Beakman

This thread is actually a great idea. It's certainly showing who the over-the-top Passport fanbois and evil Passport hater trolls really are. Thank you for starting this thread.

@ummie4

Haven't heard the pop tart reference, but I wonder if putting some frosting on it would prmpt a few people into thinking it's an edible device. Maybe BlackBerry will make frosting smelling scratch-n-sniff screen protectors for the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 10:25 PM
    If BlackBerry Passport will be successful, we will be expecting a round mobile phone then...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 11:13 PM
    What are you guys doing?
    Well.. i don't see humour around here..
    If you hate the Passport and how it looks, its fine. But not wise to laugh at it.
    If you wanna still laugh and make a joke about it, then your place is not here.
    You are welcome to leave

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    But I love the Passport. I will buy one at the first opportunity. I will use it as intended and will show it off and if anyone says it looks like a microwave or pop tart hopefully I will have a microwave or pop tart app and we can all have a good laugh instead of saying FU to each other or having some sort of pedantic wizzing contest.
    And is that all there is to this thing? We gotta get it out of the kitchen.
    gokulesh likes this.
    07-29-14 05:31 AM
    and its definitely been called calculator on number of times.
    07-29-14 01:26 PM
    At first I didn't understand the microwave reference but looking at it does looks like one. Lol. Cute. Im still getting it on once released.
    07-29-14 02:10 PM
    07-29-14 05:55 PM
    But I love the Passport. I will buy one at the first opportunity. I will use it as intended and will show it off and if anyone says it looks like a microwave or pop tart hopefully I will have a microwave or pop tart app and we can all have a good laugh instead of saying FU to each other or having some sort of pedantic wizzing contest.
    And is that all there is to this thing? We gotta get it out of the kitchen.
    I think you've got a point. The Passport is going to arouse a lot of curiosity and attention. Not all of the attention is going to be positive, either, so having a sense of humor about it is probably wise.
    07-29-14 06:00 PM