nice will definitely rab a few
    11-09-14 01:22 AM
    Got shipping confirmation today: (placed order on November 4th)

Huge Supply of BlackBerry Passport Now Available at ShopBlackBerry.com.-img_20141110_134702.png

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.0.908 - WIND Mobile
    11-10-14 12:49 PM
    Got shipping confirmation today: (placed order on November 4th)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141110_134702.png 
Views:	753 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	313451
    They were slow getting your order processed and in the mail, but you're getting next day shipping? Did you have to pay for that?
    11-10-14 01:44 PM
    They were slow getting your order processed and in the mail, but you're getting next day shipping? Did you have to pay for that?
    Form what I remember my shipping cost was for "international express" that was the only option available to select from.

This is my 2nd passport order, the first one I ordered I got next day shipping too.

I am in Toronto, ON.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.0.908 - WIND Mobile
    11-10-14 01:57 PM
    I guess it depends on how their inventory system works. If you select to buy one, when does it remove it from the inventory? When the item is placed in the cart(?), which guarantees the buyer plenty of time to complete the transaction? Or only when the transaction is complete(?), which may generate an out-of-stock after the entering of the shipping and billing info, frustrating buyers? If an item is placed into the cart, when does it get released back into inventory if the buyer doesn't complete the transaction? All these factors may cause the inventory to fluctuate up and down.
    Put an item in your cart that only has a few items left and are known to sell. Then try to check out without letting that cart window close 24 hours later. I can guarantee that it will not hold onto your item for you. If you don't click buy, it is not yours. It will be sold to the person who gives money first.

Didn't I read somewhere that Mr Chen said if they sold 200,000 units, they would be in the black?
    I find that hard to believe. 200k units is $120 million of total revenue, for a from scratch brand new device with hardware never used before by BB, to get into the black? If the device was free to manufacture that MAY be enough. But I would guess at least 1/3 of the MSRP price goes to cost of the parts not including any infrastructure and machinery needed to produce the device. Still need to pay off the overhead of the corporation as well. I bet the salaries of the Passport team is over 5 million total, and they have probably been working on the device for over a year. Not impossible that 200k would pay off all expenditures, but I am just skeptical in nature.
    11-10-14 02:10 PM
    What's the latest stock availability tally for passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 09:33 AM
    What's the latest stock availability tally for passport?
    4156 at shopblackberry.com
    Coffee Addict likes this.
    11-11-14 10:37 AM
    Ordered my passeport Thursday at 15h30 received today Tuesday at 11h15. This is pretty reasonnable.
    11-11-14 10:57 AM
    Why does Canada always get the shaft? You guys in the US can get the passport for $599 from ShopBlackberry OR Amazon. In Canada, we could get it for $699 from ShopBlackberry or like $900 from Amazon.ca!

Can I order from Amazon.com if I'm in Canada? I just tried going through the checkout process to see if it'll tell me shipping costs/if it'll ship at all but I don't want to put my credit card info to be able to tell.
    Yes you can order passport from amazon.com into Canada. My order is in transit now. Amazon precharges for Canadian taxes according to your provincial rates, and also adds any duty. Since this is a Canadian made product, there really should not be duty, but if there is, it might be a hassle to get it reversed.

My passport was 599 USD and with $10 shipping and tax/duty came to $681 USD. So with exchange rate, it will be over $700 CDN.

Flicked out via Zed30
    DazzlaUK likes this.
    11-11-14 11:37 AM
    Anyone have any idea if Canadian orders are shipped from a Canadian fulfillment site? Funny thing is, everything up until I got my receipt only mentioned it as a Canadian order on ca.blackberry. However on my receipt it states it is from Blackberry US! I tried calling and was told it would be shipped from the USA, but perhaps it is being shipped from the USA via a fulfillment centre in Canada? I would hate to have paid extra for my phone to order to buy in Canada on a Canadian site (from a Canadian company!), only to ALSO pay customs and duties on top of that. That would be extremely annoying.....has anyone ordered a phone off of the Canadian site before?
    When I ordered it said BlackBerry US but when it came via FedEx I was not charged any duties etc. And I was billed in Canadian funds. Does that help?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:00 PM
    How long did Amazon.com take for it to ship and deliver to Canada? I'm tempted to order from Amazon.com instead of ShopBB.
    11-11-14 12:11 PM
    How long did Amazon.com take for it to ship and deliver to Canada? I'm tempted to order from Amazon.com instead of ShopBB.
    I would say less than a week. I got my shipped from amazon into Hong Kong and it took exactly a week, became a proud owner today. I chose the cheapest shipping option, given the shorter distance between the us and canada I'd say the phone would take a week at the very most...
    11-13-14 01:55 AM
    I would say less than a week. I got my shipped from amazon into Hong Kong and it took exactly a week, became a proud owner today. I chose the cheapest shipping option, given the shorter distance between the us and canada I'd say the phone would take a week at the very most...
    My Nov 4 order into Canada, cheapest rate, is still in transit and expected delivery is Nov. 18. Tracking details show it arrived in country in under 3 days....since then the US shipping company tracking no longer provides any updates.

Flicked out via Zed30
    11-13-14 10:02 PM
    My Nov 4 order into Canada, cheapest rate, is still in transit and expected delivery is Nov. 18. Tracking details show it arrived in country in under 3 days....since then the US shipping company tracking no longer provides any updates.

Flicked out via Zed30
    That sucks, mine arrived way earlier than the Amazon estimate, once here it got handed over to the local mail system for delivery. Ups isn't too big around here as far as delivery goes.....Hope you'll get yours as soon as possible...

Brought to you by BlackBerry Passport
    11-15-14 01:14 AM
    Uhh...what?

So 200k (instead of "many" or "lots") is not specific enough for you? And you do understand the concepts of "pent-up demand," right? And that most products sell the most initially, and demand falls off over time? Or are you going to come back two years later and say "aha! BB sold just 1 Passport today, I knew John Chen was lying when he said they sold 200k at launch!"
    If the pent-up demand is only 200K units they should just stop selling devices altogether.
    11-18-14 11:43 PM
    If the pent-up demand is only 200K units they should just stop selling devices altogether.
    For the sake of your convenience, I'll quote a couple of posts for you again:

BB is not trying to compete on volume with Apple and Android any more.... so this constant reference to how many unit Apple and Sammy sell are pointless..... John Chen seems to have have a plan.. and said plan to this point seems to be working.....
    Chen had said they'd be profitable on each Passport sold. It has also been reported that globally, BB was expecting to sell 250k units through the end of the year. They did 200k on the first run alone through Amazon US and ShopBB. Apple like numbers? Certainly not. But they beat their own estimates.
    11-18-14 11:50 PM
    As the ceo of Jolla said:

'we doesn't have to be big to be great'

Same applies to blackberry. As long as they are profitable and can keep the OS updated with new features (they are doing great so far), they doesn't need to have more of the market. Unless apps stop having google services free version or become too dependant on gplay that they can't even be patched, we should be fine as consumers as well

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-19-14 01:26 AM
    If the Passport is selling as poorly as some sales rate numbers suggest, then, of course, that is very bad news. If the high-end market is mostly closed to BlackBerry due to impressive competitors like iPhone 6 and Nexus 6 plus other premium Androids, then that leaves--maybe--fleet phones to security-focused industries and some government agencies left for BlackBerry. Oh, and Z3's for emerging markets.

Will BlackBerry continue to stay in smartphones if they only sell small numbers of handset units? Who knows? BlackBerry needs a hit smartphone product desperately in order to build the user base. And10 million phones sold per year is 2.5 million per quarter, so we need designs that can make those numbers happen, and Passport is unlikely to be pulling its weight.

What can you do with a small scale operation in the modern smartphone arena? You can't build a competitive software ecosystem because you can't attract and keep developers. You can't produce price-competitive hardware because larger volume competitors enjoy economics of scale. That means you can try to make minor profit from selling a few handsets at premium prices (given their specs) to loyal customers.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by eyesopen1111; 11-19-14 at 10:00 AM.
    11-19-14 03:43 AM
193 ... 678