How can one tell there's more than 1000 passports left all I can find out is that there's more than 998 available?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:04 PM
    It doesn't seem too bad of a rate for a product that hasn't been advertised in the U.S. yet and is available at carriers in Canada.
    That's terrible actually. Do the math. It's only about 63 thousand devices per year. That's nothing!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:11 PM
    How can one tell there's more than 1000 passports left all I can find out is that there's more than 998 available?
    Search for the Passport, /don't/ click on Buy Now, click on the Passport, then enter Qty 10000, click on Buy Now. An error message will tell you the remaining quantity: 1669 as of now.
    q649, geekaren and ljfong like this.
    11-06-14 01:11 PM
    That's terrible actually. Do the math. It's only about 63 thousand devices per year. That's nothing!
    You missed his point: a device that hasn't been advertised, and is not available through carriers. And 63,000 would be the total at this rate, which could go up or down. Keep in mind: this is run# X just through ShopBB, the initial 200k (and runs# X-1, X-2...) and that they're also selling this phone through Amazon.
    11-06-14 01:28 PM
    You missed his point: a device that hasn't been advertised, and is not available through carriers. And 63,000 would be the total at this rate, which could go up or down. Keep in mind: this is run# X just through ShopBB, the initial 200k (and runs# X-1, X-2...) and that they're also selling this phone through Amazon.
    The biggest demand for a phone is at launch. After that the demand starts to fall off. There will rarely be an increase in demand.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:42 PM
    Just for fun and giggles: Apparently the store can fulfill 10,000 bold 9900 if that's what's needed, for about $4 mil dollars. Passport seems to be selling though.
    11-06-14 01:43 PM
    The biggest demand for a phone is at launch. After that the demand starts to fall off. There will rarely be an increase in demand.
    There is a launch through AT&T.
    11-06-14 01:53 PM
    Well seeing Passport is already past break even basically 2 days after release... the rest is profit.... which is what BB is in the business of.... after all... if 10 million units a year makes the division a success... seems to me they are on the right track.... People really need to measure success differently.... BB is not trying to compete on volume with Apple and Android any more.... so this constant reference to how many unit Apple and Sammy sell are pointless..... John Chen seems to have have a plan.. and said plan to this point seems to be working.....
    11-06-14 01:56 PM
    Well seeing Passport is already past break even basically 2 days after release... the rest is profit.... which is what BB is in the business of.... after all... if 10 million units a year makes the division a success... seems to me they are on the right track.... People really need to measure success differently.... BB is not trying to compete on volume with Apple and Android any more.... so this constant reference to how many unit Apple and Sammy sell are pointless..... John Chen seems to have have a plan.. and said plan to this point seems to be working.....
    Thank you.

Chen had said they'd be profitable on each Passport sold. It has also been reported that globally, BB was expecting to sell 250k units through the end of the year. They did 200k on the first run alone through Amazon US and ShopBB. Apple like numbers? Certainly not. But they beat their own estimates.
    11-06-14 01:59 PM
    Well, if BlackBerry weren't able to sell anymore of the 1600+ Passports laying in the warehouse, I don't think anyone will be calling for JC's head on a spike if he had to write them off. Would be a lot better than the million+ write down of Z10s...
    11-06-14 02:02 PM
    We're sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 4,467 available. Please update your quantity.
    11-06-14 02:14 PM
    BlackBerry get more Passport supplies right now. It shows 4464 available to purchase. Looks like it got some more supplies added today.
    11-06-14 03:23 PM
    I'd be more interested to find out the estimated Amazon numbers.
    11-06-14 03:28 PM
    As of 4:26 PM central standard time, there are 4,437 Passports available. There were 4,464 two hours ago, so that's a sales rate of 13.5 Passports per hour. Not bad!

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    11-06-14 04:31 PM
    Grrrr I am waiting for shipping confirmation :/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.0.908 - WIND Mobile
    11-06-14 04:38 PM
    Update on Amazon. I ordered my wife one yesterday. Should be here any minute. I decided to try and order myself one right now and every time I add it to the cart it says they are out of stock (even though the main page says they are not). I was trying to avoid ShopBlackberry b/c I know they take time to ship and Amazon is super quick.
    11-06-14 05:17 PM
    Update on Amazon. I ordered my wife one yesterday. Should be here any minute. I decided to try and order myself one right now and every time I add it to the cart it says they are out of stock (even though the main page says they are not). I was trying to avoid ShopBlackberry b/c I know they take time to ship and Amazon is super quick.
    No problems here. Are you sure you're ordering from Amazon, and not a third party? This is the link for Amazon direct: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU11054095
    11-06-14 05:47 PM
    Ordered from Amazon and they actually took their west time (couple days) to send me the email confirming my product was sent and in transit. Then again it's and international shipment with the slowest delivery time, so take that for what is worth.

For curiosity I tried to buy another one off amazon yesterday, international delivery but it wouldn't let me. Autmatically reset the cart quantity to 0…
    11-06-14 07:44 PM
    10.16 pm, only 4205 passports left. so sold 232 unit in less than 5 hours, average sale rate about 50 passport per hour!
    11-06-14 09:19 PM
    Just bought one off Amazon about 15 min ago. Supposedly guaranteed delivery for Saturday. Let's see if that happens...

Posted via CB10
    notnomde likes this.
    11-06-14 10:21 PM
    Let me understand this, JC said 200K units sold in few hours on launch day and now based on the available numbers at ShopBB it is taking days to sell few hundreds..something is not right. My take is that Chen(as his predecessors did) exaggerated the numbers of units sold at launch.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    11-07-14 12:54 PM
    Let me understand this, JC said 200K units sold in few hours on launch day and now based on the available numbers at ShopBB it is taking days to sell few hundreds..something is not right. My take is that Chen(as his predecessors did) exaggerated the numbers of units sold at launch.
    Uhh...what?

So 200k (instead of "many" or "lots") is not specific enough for you? And you do understand the concepts of "pent-up demand," right? And that most products sell the most initially, and demand falls off over time? Or are you going to come back two years later and say "aha! BB sold just 1 Passport today, I knew John Chen was lying when he said they sold 200k at launch!"
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    11-07-14 12:59 PM
    Why does Canada always get the shaft? You guys in the US can get the passport for $599 from ShopBlackberry OR Amazon. In Canada, we could get it for $699 from ShopBlackberry or like $900 from Amazon.ca!

Can I order from Amazon.com if I'm in Canada? I just tried going through the checkout process to see if it'll tell me shipping costs/if it'll ship at all but I don't want to put my credit card info to be able to tell.
    11-07-14 01:05 PM
    Its interesting - at least for me the cheat that lets you know how many are left at ShopBB stopped working?
    11-07-14 01:27 PM
    Its interesting - at least for me the cheat that lets you know how many are left at ShopBB stopped working?
    Still working for me. 4330 Passports in stock.
    11-07-14 01:31 PM
193 ... 45678