I just really hope these orders don't go on back order

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.0.908
    11-04-14 11:09 PM
    And whatever the carriers are selling......

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:13 PM
    Greetings all

First post ever here which will hopefully serves as a bit of an introduction too (been lurking in the back and reading the threads for quite sometimes though). Been keeping an eye on ebay auctions, retail shops, and the online stores for quite some time now. The passport has been tempting me from day 1, however as I wasn't in dire need for a new phone I've been holding off for a while. My Z10 is still surviving, but that's probably just it. Battery endurance has gotten ridiculously short (drained a fully charged one in 4 hours while using bb maps as a sat nav the other day) and my clumsy fingers never really moved on from the physical qwerty of my old 9900 resulting in some (a lot of) bad typing lol. My iPad and IOS are driving me insane and I'd rather keep android as a future tablet option. After playing with it in store and knowing my requirements………..I just purchased a passport through Amazon, delivery in Hong Kong where I live and where retail price is a good 200 us dollars more (yikes). Might keep the z10 as a spare or for another sim card when I travel.

Hope the Passport will meet my expectations.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-04-14 11:16 PM
    I had ordered a Passport from the Canadian site and it shipped from Indiana. No customs or duty. However, I returned the Passport and had to ship it back to Indiana and had to pay customs and brokerage charges as it arrived COD and was refused! This was 10 days ago so a major pain if you return your purchase.
    Ughhh, that is a pain....you would think a Canadian (?) company could handle Canadian orders/returns! Thanks for the info - hopefully mine arrives in good condition.
    11-04-14 11:28 PM
    1899 Left - I have nothing better to do LOL
    11-04-14 11:45 PM
    Haha

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.0.908
    11-04-14 11:48 PM
    1918 left - Aren't we pathetic? Apple sells millions a day and here we are tracking the sales volume of a couple thousand Passports LOL
    And some people still believe apple BS. Do the math. It works out to 462 iPhones per store every 15mins. Yeah right!
    11-05-14 12:29 AM
    Anyone have any idea if Canadian orders are shipped from a Canadian fulfillment site? Funny thing is, everything up until I got my receipt only mentioned it as a Canadian order on ca.blackberry. However on my receipt it states it is from Blackberry US! I tried calling and was told it would be shipped from the USA, but perhaps it is being shipped from the USA via a fulfillment centre in Canada? I would hate to have paid extra for my phone to order to buy in Canada on a Canadian site (from a Canadian company!), only to ALSO pay customs and duties on top of that. That would be extremely annoying.....has anyone ordered a phone off of the Canadian site before?
    Bought my passport and it shipped from US. Parice quoted was in CDN$ and was charged exactly what was displayed. No currency exchange nor any customs/duty/brokerage fees. Paid $525 plus GST and for the VIP Passport no shipping. Didn't get any better.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    11-05-14 12:40 AM
    White Q10 ran out as well. Got I got mine yesterday. They are going to run out of all models only a few days in the special discounts. Discounts expires December 1, 2014. Hope they bring new inventory soon.
    11-05-14 02:09 AM
    Now only 1860 available
    11-05-14 03:28 AM
    UK - 20 passports available at this moment
    USA & canada - 1858 available

would be interesting to check later today
    11-05-14 03:55 AM
    following issues..
    in a dark room, brightness goes to max and keyboard backlight turns off.
    unable to hard reset (holding vol +/-), gets stuck in a boot loop with the "BlackBerry" logo unable to get to the blue square.

It's freaking ridiculous that both brand new devices have this problem!
    Reinstall the os using link. I had the same boot issue. I took advantage of the 30 day BlackBerry support and called them instead of my carrier. Followed their instructions and so far so good.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 04:24 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Expect both sold out within 24 hours...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 04:24 AM
    How can you tell how many of each model they have left? How many Passports do they have?

The $599 Passport price will delight people who are still looking...

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418 / T-Mobile USA
    In few moths, it will be 400 and then 300. That's when it will delight and I start to consider it (and probably Classic).
    Paying 600 for a telephone is... let me see, how do I put it mildly, so hypersensitive fashion victims and people with fanboy mentality and severe case of vanity do not get hurt too bad... hmmmm...
    11-05-14 06:28 AM
    Reinstall the os using link. I had the same boot issue. I took advantage of the 30 day BlackBerry support and called them instead of my carrier. Followed their instructions and so far so good.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently in another thread some members are saying that it's normal to be stuck in that boot loop...

I called BlackBerry support and did a device restore from BlackBerry Link. It didn't solve anything.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:46 AM
    In few moths, it will be 400 and then 300. That's when it will delight and I start to consider it (and probably Classic).
    Paying 600 for a telephone is... let me see, how do I put it mildly, so hypersensitive fashion victims and people with fanboy mentality and severe case of vanity do not get hurt too bad... hmmmm...
    They're not just phones anymore. They're pocket computers. I don't feel like 600$ is too much for the Passport.
    11-05-14 06:52 AM
    I'd disagree…the whole strategy behind slow stocking was to prevent a quick deflation of the handset and price fall. Price may decrease but I don't think by hundreds.
    Buying the passport in a few months will give u a well oiled machine but by then new and more appealing devices will be on the market and bb may be thinking of producing a timely upgrade to the passport, leaving u to buy a product that is essentially already old.

Besides, for many people is a matter of performance and need, not fanboy mentality...
    corn1185 likes this.
    11-05-14 06:59 AM
    The Passport is IMHO a very decent buy at $599.

You're getting a quality device with top-of-heap specs (literally best-in-class in terms of screen resolution, and not far behind anywhere else) in a form factor that delivers at a price that's comparable or better than other similar offerings from other vendors.

At $400 it would be a screaming steal, but I don't think you'll see that for a good long time, and by the time you do the next cycle will be out with something even better and faster.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    11-05-14 09:23 AM
    Topic. Stay on it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:28 AM
    The Passport is IMHO a very decent buy at $599.

You're getting a quality device with top-of-heap specs (literally best-in-class in terms of screen resolution, and not far behind anywhere else) in a form factor that delivers at a price that's comparable or better than other similar offerings from other vendors.

At $400 it would be a screaming steal, but I don't think you'll see that for a good long time, and by the time you do the next cycle will be out with something even better and faster.
    Yes, I agree. 599 is a very good price and heads and tails above the competition for what you get. We could use some 599 love in Canada which is sort of annoying. You will never, ever see it at 400 dollars. Those days are over as Blackberry has really tightened up the supply chain.
    11-05-14 10:14 AM
    I also don't see the price dropping so much and so soon because BlackBerry didn't produce so many that they would lose money on inventory.
    11-05-14 10:26 AM
    1,798 now....
    11-05-14 10:55 AM
    And some people still believe apple BS. Do the math. It works out to 462 iPhones per store every 15mins. Yeah right!
    Yeah right! Last quarter they sold 39.5 millions units which is 13 million a month, 433,000 a day, 18,000 per hour, 300 a minute give or take
    11-05-14 11:16 AM
    Yeah right! Last quarter they sold 39.5 millions units which is 13 million a month, 433,000 a day, 18,000 per hour, 300 a minute give or take
    It were shipments to operators and retailers at best

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 12:44 PM
    It were shipments to operators and retailers at best

Posted via CB10
    Meaning what, Iphones are languishing in warehouses to be taken for a loss in future quarters? If Apple is counting revenue when its sold to distributors/retailers and those distributors/retailers are counting revenues when its sold to the consumer a few days/weeks later does it really matter?.
    11-05-14 01:25 PM
193 12345 ...