Anyone else experiencing this? In regular camera mode (or any other mode for that matter) I hit the shutter button and have to wait upwards of 3-5 seconds for the picture to be taken.....tried restarting the phone several times but no luck fixing it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:34 AM
    nope (just tested) takes the picture directly.

Make sure you focus before taking the picture by tapping on the screen
    10-29-14 08:39 AM
    Try turning off face detection

In camera mode pull down from top.
    Settings

That helps the camera focus faster without touching the screen

I am finding that 10.2 on my Z10 with stabilization turned on, took amazing pictures

10.3 has cool camera features but I sure miss stabilization

I am getting used to it now and it takes beautiful pictures
    Huge delay when taking photos-img_20141029_084615.png

Posted via CB10 Passport
    10-29-14 08:47 AM
    nope (just tested) takes the picture directly.

Make sure you focus before taking the picture by tapping on the screen
    I thought the camera was supposed to have auto focus? But yeah the square on the screen is always white and doesn't go green (like my Q10's did once it focused) unless I touch the screen...I don't get it??

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:52 AM
    I thought the camera was supposed to have auto focus? But yeah the square on the screen is always white and doesn't go green (like my Q10's did once it focused) unless I touch the screen...I don't get it??

Posted via CB10
    It does have auto-focus, shouldn't have to tap anywhere to focus. Just make sure the box is green.
    10-29-14 08:56 AM
    Try turning off face detection

In camera mode pull down from top.
    Settings

That helps the camera focus faster without touching the screen
    That did help a little as far as allowing it sometimes focus on its own but there are still times when it won't focus unless I touch the screen--and I'm taking straightforward shots in good lighting. I still get the weird delay sometimes too, hit the shutter button then wait one-one thousand, two-one thousand, 3 and then the abnoxious shutter noise. Once the shutter noise happens I have to wait for the pic preview to pop up in the bottom corner of the screen too--if I move the phone beforehand I get a picture of just all blur. Seriously getting frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:57 AM
    It does have auto-focus, shouldn't have to tap anywhere to focus. Just make sure the box is green.
    Mine doesn't do that. I can move the camera to a bunch of different items and the square remains white and won't focus. I did just find out that if I switch to the front facing camera and then back the auto focus works but only until I close the camera app, when I reopen it it does the same thing all over again.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:00 AM
    The camera software is buggy as hell. Focus works like 1 out of 5 times. Everyone has this issue, they just aren't paying attention. Even if focus is locked per say, the slightest subject movement will result in shutter drag. The Passport camera is the worst yet from BlackBerry, but only because of software. Hardware is good.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:09 AM
    The camera software is buggy as hell. Focus works like 1 out of 5 times. Everyone has this issue, they just aren't paying attention. Even if focus is locked per say, the slightest subject movement will result in shutter drag. The Passport camera is the worst yet from BlackBerry, but only because of software. Hardware is good.

Posted via CB10
    I mean I guess that makes me feel a little better, I thought maybe it was just something wrong with my phone and having spent a bunch of money on it and going straight through BlackBerry I wasn't sure what kind of warranty or repairs they provide....guess I'll just wait for a software update.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:50 AM
    Agree it doesnt always focus. Glitch
    10-29-14 11:15 AM
    If you are focusing in low light or on low contrast objects, it is going to be slow, so are most phone cameras.
    Try focus lock. Press and hold on a high contrast object next to your subject, until the focus square is green and a lock symbol pops up. Now shoot away with little lag.
    10-29-14 11:15 AM
    I have the same issue... I have to wait an extended period of time before and after pushing the shutter button. It's ruined quit a few photos because I either didn't have time to wait so long or didn't realize it takes 5 seconds to take a picture.

It's pretty ridiculous, makes the camera almost useless for the things I like to use it for. I'd prefer a blurry out of focus picture than no picture at all.
    10-29-14 12:48 PM
    As noted by previous posters I'm having similar issues. It takes longer than expected to get the camera started and then it takes a few seconds before the shot is taken. Gets frustrating taking pics of my 2 and 4 year old who can't seem to hold a pose for more than 1/2 a second

I've noticed in general that post 10.2.1, the camera app has deteriorated. Saw this with my Z30 as well in the earlier 10.3 builds.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-29-14 01:27 PM
    As noted by previous posters I'm having similar issues. It takes longer than expected to get the camera started and then it takes a few seconds before the shot is taken. Gets frustrating taking pics of my 2 and 4 year old who can't seem to hold a pose for more than 1/2 a second

I've noticed in general that post 10.2.1, the camera app has deteriorated. Saw this with my Z30 as well in the earlier 10.3 builds.
    I've observed the same.
    10-29-14 02:35 PM
    Sorry to revive an older thread but my camera issues have gotten worse, the delay is still the same but now the camera plain will not focus. The only way I can take a photo is to set it on video and take pics while recording (the camera will focus then)...has anyone had their camera focus problem get that bad? Is BlackBerry good about replacing phones or fixing them under warranty for this kind of issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:06 AM
    Since changing to a SanDisk extreme 64 gb U3 card I notice the camera functions a lot faster.

Via CB10 from Scotland using my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-10-14 11:31 AM
    I keep hearing problems with the camera but I haven't had any issues on my Passport so far. Works pretty much like my Z30 or Z10.

Posted using my Passport
    11-10-14 03:46 PM
    Good think is if you have card class 10

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 03:47 PM
    i would agree it is slow to focus. pre focussing manually first will help avoid missing split second 'moments' perhaps though
    11-10-14 03:51 PM