Hey PP community,

Does anyone else have this? On my Silver Edition, despite trying 2 different OS versions and many hard resets, the Hub screen will flash repeatedly and be unusable for up to 15 seconds, multiple times per day...as if the Hub was searching for something and scrolling rapidly through information. Does it pretty often.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 07:05 PM
    Hi, have you reloaded the same backup each time you have reloaded the OS?

Posted by my majestic Passport
    09-11-16 07:09 PM
    No I have loaded by itself, not from any backup. I have not done a security wipe...not really severe enough issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 12:16 AM
    I had same issues with the Hub and battery drain, I did a security wipe and it has sorted the issues out, remember if you do it to turn off BlackBerry Protect and turn off Encryption also remove SD card, also do a backup.

09-13-16 05:41 AM
    This is from another thread about battery drainage, I hope it helps you.

Thank you. I did that a long time ago. The system showed a peak in the battery consumption, not anymore after I deleted some apk's and restarted the phone a couple of times. How long have you had yours? Mine was one year old last month. Kind of early to stop working...or at least to underperform, for such a premium device. At least the price was premium )
    I had same issues with a replacement OG, turns out it was corrupted backup from my Windows laptop, I had to use the Windows laptop as my Mac wasn't connecting with my Passport or Z10 and BlackBerry doesn't have any plans to update Link. BlackBerry Technical support phoned and asked me to re-install BBLink then to do a backup then security wipe so I followed the instructions for Security Wipe.

1. Turn off BlackBerry Protect.
    2. Turn off Encryption and remove SD card.
    3. Go to Security Wipe then Delete Data (make sure you have done step 2!!) it will then ask you to type "blackberry"(did on mine don't know if same for you) as a safety measure.

This takes roughly about an hour but depends on how much Data you have to delete, once this has finished the phone will turn off,keep connected to link turn back on and re-install last Backup(this took about 2hrs), last thing to finnish is contacts, after finishing check contacts then should be completed, try running for a few days and see battery etc do a hard reset if necessary(hold up and down volume buttons at same time till phone restarts).

If like me you have a corrupted Backup you will have to do a Security Wipe again, I moved all pictures PDF's onto SD card and backed up Password Keeper on Cloud Synchronisation, I did not re-install or reload OS just start as new phone, the only things I lost was Text messages and backups of WhatsApp messages and few other thing that didn't bother me, just to say you can download "Device switch" for your Contacts if you have them stored on another phone(I used my Z10) , My OG Passport is working like new no issues with battery(so far)and the OS seems to have no issues either.

So this is just a suggestion for you but it worked for me

09-13-16 05:44 AM
    Reinstall Face10.

Alternatively, remove Face10 for good.

02-14-17 04:19 PM