Hello guys,
    Am using android fb v29 on my passport. It is working great when I open and use but am facing a problem since 4 days as am not getting notifications in the hub anymore. Anyone else is facing this problem?
    I tried the below things to fix it but no luck:
    - restart my phone.
    - uninstall fb v29 and install it again.
    - refresh hub by using the 5 swipes method.
    - format my phone and installed android fb v29.
    The weird thing that am getting all other android apps in the hub notification icon such as imo and instagram except fb right now.

I made sure that notifications are turned on from the application itself and nothing is turned off.

Note: I have 10.3.2.2836 OS and BlackBerry Runtime for Android already installed on my phone with google account, play services as colbat's method.
    Would appreciate your help and thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 02:21 AM
    I noticed tonight that my FB notifications are coming in marked read already. Not sure if maybe it's a FB thing or Hub...although I am on a PRIV so running the Android Hub
    03-06-17 09:09 PM
    I noticed tonight that my FB notifications are coming in marked read already. Not sure if maybe it's a FB thing or Hub...although I am on a PRIV so running the Android Hub
    Running facebook on Passport and running facebook on Priv, are 2 totally different worlds.

Priv will have no issues running Facebook. Facebook supports Android. But they don't support the Passport runtime.
    Iyad Saadah likes this.
    03-06-17 09:39 PM
    Running facebook on Passport and running facebook on Priv, are 2 totally different worlds.

Priv will have no issues running Facebook. Facebook supports Android. But they don't support the Passport runtime.
    Really? Wow, I had no clue that the Passport and PRIV were different. Thanks Perfesser!!!
    03-06-17 09:43 PM
    Really? Wow, I had no clue that the Passport and PRIV were different. Thanks Perfesser!!!
    Yes they are different. Am using android fb on passport which runs on BlackBerry OS but priv already run on android.

The problem might be from fb or hub then still not sure as you have almost the same problem. I just think we have to wait to see !
    Thanks mate

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 11:51 PM
    Yes they are different. Am using android fb on passport which runs on BlackBerry OS but priv already run on android.

The problem might be from fb or hub then still not sure as you have almost the same problem. I just think we have to wait to see !
    Thanks mate

Posted via CB10
    He was clearly being sarcastic....
    03-07-17 12:38 AM
    He was clearly being sarcastic....
    Lovely thing that is ey?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 06:03 AM
    Lovely thing that is ey?

Posted via CB10
    You should see me when I really get going
    03-07-17 09:23 AM
    To compare an issue with facebook on priv to an issue with facebook on passport is like comparing apples to oranges. No relationship at all.
    03-07-17 08:53 PM
    To compare an issue with facebook on priv to an issue with facebook on passport is like comparing apples to oranges. No relationship at all.
    Ah good ol' reading comprehension...or lack of it. No one compared an issue with FB on a priv to an issue with FB on a PP.

The OP said he was having issues with FB notifications. I mentioned I was also having issues with FB notifications in the Hub. What are we comparing? Issues with FB notifications.

You do realize the Facebook doesn't reside on your phone, right? So if FB is having server side issues, it would affect devices regardless of platform? That's all i was suggesting was that maybe it was something on their end, not the OP's.

Priv will have no issues running Facebook.
    Actually there can and have been issues. That's why there's things called App Updates.

Anyways I'll leave you alone now, and quit trying to help. Apparently you don't need it
    03-07-17 09:14 PM
    although I am on a PRIV so running the Android Hub
    No more need be said.
    03-07-17 09:16 PM
    Lolz...whatever. Apparently you think that makes some kind of #micdrop point. Kinda makes my point again on the lack of reading comprehension.

Thanks for the lesson, Perfesser...I'll let you think that you taught me the difference between a Passport and a Priv.
    03-07-17 09:24 PM