Got my silver pp, running on tmobile. It keeps dropping to "searching for network" in certain spots around the house. Popped the Sim into sons Droid turbo then my old q10 and they both maintained the network signal in those same spots.

Think I have a lemon and should get an exchange?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-15 10:54 AM
    Might be the OS, the later 10.3.2 builds have awful reception
    1magine likes this.
    09-11-15 11:00 AM
    Really? Why is that? What can be done?

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    09-11-15 11:04 AM
    Don't even get me started on tmobile signal in the house lol. It could be the radio in the os like the former said. Or it could be that those other phones could have different bands that work better with tmobile. You could get a range extender for the house. I have two one for my house and another for a friends house where I get no service. It helps, however, it's not the save and grace. Texting with it is fine, calling usually the bars drop back down to one or two once I pick up the call. I'd go for the range extender if I were you, it's free and it helps a bit. Have them overnight, no cost, so you can run a quick test and if it's the phone you can just swap it for another one.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:11 AM
    The other devices don't get great signal here either, but they can at least keep the call connected. I do have the extender thing on the way from tmobile but I'm concerned about signal out and about. Just driving around the dunkin drive through, the signal dropped for about a minute on the back side of the building. I might try loading a different os I guess. I'm on the stock os.

09-11-15 11:29 AM
    How do I get a T-Mobile range extender if I'm no longer a customer? That's the reason I switched carriers a five years ago. I have friends and family that have poor reception in my apartment.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:37 AM
    O ok, yea give a different os a try, let us know if it works better for you. I've tested both the note 4 from tmobile and the passport side by side for signal strength when I had the note 4. What I noticed was yes the note 4 signal was stronger, however, the voice quality was still much worse and calls would still get rejected even with bars of service. Also I'd be in an area with both, the note would have a bar and the passport would say searching. Even with the bar of service the note wouldn't get calls or send them. It could be the way the phones interpret and show the signal. I do like tmobile, but their are still pockets in their coverage.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:39 AM
    How do I get a T-Mobile range extender if I'm no longer a customer? That's the reason I switched carriers a five years ago. I have friends and family that have poor reception in my apartment.

Posted via CB10
    If you're no longer a customer you have to pay. I think they quoted me $400, lol it's ridiculous, don't pay that. They could if they are t mobile customers get a range extender and put it in your apartment though. That may be the best solution. This could give two problems with tmobile over the phone. They don't want to generally send them to addresses not on the account. So if your family doesn't have one they can send it to their address and bring it to your's. To get two, they really don't want to do that, but they'll generally help you out if you ask nicely and explain the situation to them. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:43 AM
    Loaded up 2639 and it seems slightly better. I'm able to hold a call in those bad areas.

09-11-15 03:11 PM
    Check out Signal Tracker - Track cell signals on the map in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34952895

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 03:18 PM
    I have tmobile as well and my Q10 signal was not the best in my house but the passport is much improved. People also say I sound much more clear.

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport SE.
    09-11-15 09:21 PM
    Spoke too soon. Signal is still horrible on 2639 in those same areas.

09-12-15 09:31 AM