So the Passport is great at "productivity "

Can you name 3 ways you are productive with your passport that your previous phone couldn't do as well?
    EsJayDee likes this.
    10-26-14 09:53 PM
    1. I have started to type long email again, where as before with my HTC m8, it would wait till I got near a laptop, and related to typing I have started to use Evernote more on the mobile version. Not sure if it's productive but I do participate in forums more now typing on a mobile device is enjoyable again

2. Using the meeting request based off an email and the follow up meeting function alot.

3. Browse normal websites more on the phone, where previously my web browsing experience was limited to the respective mobile apps, stock/chrome browser is great too on the m8 but content can be a hassle to zoom readjust every time u go through new links, not saying you don't for the passport, but usually less hassle.

I thought I ought to share the 3 bads too

1. One hand op is impossible, so it's really difficult if you travel on busses or tube a lot (where u will have one hand holding the handle or bag) actually solved this by using a lite backpack

2. Theres a google cantonese pinyin keyboard (a form of Chinese input) that's not supported on bb10

3. Camera is still slow to load up and takes ages to focus relatively speaking, I am not a photo fanatic but too spoilt by android and ios cameras maturity.

My 2c

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:08 AM
    Document reading is superb
    Web browsing

Posted via the incredible Blackberry Passport
    10-27-14 12:27 AM
    Ease of use

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:44 AM

I thought I ought to share the 3 bads too

1. One hand op is impossible, so it's really difficult if you travel on busses or tube a lot (where u will have one hand holding the handle or bag) actually solved this by using a lite backpack

Posted via CB10
    1 handed operation is possible for simple tasks for me ie bbm, sms, email. If I am wanting to use apps though I would have to position the ones I want closer to the left side of the screen (I hold the phone with my left hand) or else the app is too far for my fingers to reach. Back to the question...

For me the biggest upgrade is the ability to bring up the circle cursor with a simple double tap on the keyboard. I am always typing then re-reading/editing and this method is much easier than the previous BlackBerry's. Also shift+sliding your fingers to highlight a words has become much much easier.

Forgot to add, triage deleting is very awesome.

My cons;
    The copy/paste symbols are smaller on screen and it's a bit of a chore to accurately make sure you hit the correct onscreen buttons

Triage deletion: can be improved if I have 'delete on prompt' option enabled. Once you try deleting and the user verifies deleting either on hub and or server, then you try deleting the next item the undo button and the verify button is way to close to one another. Makes me wary I may hit undo by accident.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by k__dam; 10-27-14 at 09:39 AM.
    10-27-14 09:25 AM
    1. Spreadsheets actually look good and where once I avoided using them on my Z10, now it's not a problem and I actually prefer it on the passport as it means I don't have to fire up the PC unless I'm doing something complicated.

2. Like 1 but with word docs.

3. Typing with a large screen and physical keyboard is awesome. So much faster and less time spent correcting mistakes.

PassportSQW100-1/ O2 UK
    10-27-14 09:38 AM
    Oh, I forgot no.4; after 10 hrs of heavy use, i'm not running around with a dead phone looking for a wall socket.

PassportSQW100-1/ O2 UK
    k__dam likes this.
    10-27-14 09:44 AM
    Oh, I forgot no.4; after 10 hrs of heavy use, i'm not running around with a dead phone looking for a wall socket.

PassportSQW100-1/ O2 UK
    This is such an undervalued feature when I get asked why I use BlackBerry. My apple/droid friends (more apple problem than droid) are brainwashed into thinking it's normal for them to be constantly hanging out by the wall outlet

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:51 AM
    ^ so true. Battery life is critical. Probably biggest selling feature.

Posted via the incredible Blackberry Passport
    10-27-14 09:52 AM
    My job involves composing complex search queries that involve wild card symbols, forced caps and nesting brackets. That was impossible on the Z30 or any virtual keyboard (unless you turned off auto correct entirely and then it would be painful to type normal words).

The search results are often PDF journal articles. The screen on the Passport makes it actually possible to read them. If something looks promisingly close to what I'm searching for, I use pushbullet it to push the file or link to my desktop browser at my desk (it opens a new tab automatically so when I get back to my computer I can just go through the tabs).

I handle all household bills and accounts, as well as the unfortunate task of tracking the expenses paid for my late mother-in-law's estate while it gets settled. Have three massive spreadsheets which I keep synced to my personal computer using a OneDrive folder pinned on my Passport. I haven't had to turn on my personal computer in over a week.

Then there's the mundane things like grocery lists, house maintenance parts, looking up how to cook something or the other, etc. But those are not exclusive to the Passport since the Z30 did them quite well too!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:59 AM
    Reading: for work-related docs, the smaller width of the previous phone was a huge repellent as it squeezed diagrams, tables and figures etc. Also, for certain sites for which I normally waited to switch to my laptop, I don't have to do that anymore. For personal reading, I'm a fan of paper-books, though I did use Kindle on my Z10 as well but it felt like reading from a book with long, narrow pages; I find that irritating on all phones, except Passport of course, which is relatively more convenient as opposed to a PlayBook or a Kindle.

Writing: that the keyboard is awesome and way better for typing is obvious. I write a lot for a personal project. Other than being more accurate, it's way easier to edit text with the keyboard on the Passport. I always hated editing text on the Z10 for the pita that it was - specially when it came to positioning the cursor. The Passport keypad is such a relief.

Type-and-go: being able to do this after a year and a half of using a full touch device brought happy tears in my eyes. Finding documents, opening mails with a keyword of interest, opening apps and all similar stuff happens way more efficiently. Don't have to press the magnifying glass, wait for the keyboard to pop up, click on the text area, type and edit search text using a virtual keyboard and omg this is already the coolest thing about coming home to a keyboard device.

Browsing: for certain missing apps for actions that needed entering payment details in the browser, this screen size is a little more convenient compared to smaller width phones that either zoomed out or had to be rotated. I hate rotating the device.

Keyboard shortcuts. Efficient.

Watching videos: thanks to the black bars, I avoid watching videos when I can, thereby not wasting time and using it for getting other stuff done. Ftw!

So, given my usage habits, it scores over all other full touch, bar phones by being more efficient at getting things done.
    10-27-14 10:15 AM
    I'm in a business that's requires a few active frames open on a day to day basis! The calendar for my customer appointments, the contacts for client information and a week view app.

All of my contacts and calendar for wrk is tied in to google cloud all under my Gmail account. I like to arrange my information this way so that I can separate work contacts/calendar from personal.

It's helped in more in a few ways better. Prior to using a passport I was using an android LTE tablet and a mobile phone device (z30). The android stabler although a larger devices is IMPOSSIBLE to type on. As I know I type correctly it never fails with the constant waste of time backspacing correcting the touch typing errors. This is a huge time waster and really makes you un productive! So this is where I'm heading! With the passport keyboard, it makes day to day work uses SO much more productive instead of all that time wasting.

Posted via Passport OS Wireless
    10-27-14 10:34 AM
    Outside sales here, so here are my 3:

1.) Can handle more customer requests for detailed assistance on the go because the big screen gives me much easier access to sales literature.

2.). For any info I don't DL onto my device, I can usually access what I need from my office PC through Blend from anywhere I am.

3.). Conference calls are just as easy as though I were sitting in my office. (I can mute and be doing other things if someone needs something asap.)

All in all, it's at least as helpful as a tablet and it's with me, ready to go, all day.

Don't want to open any cans of worms by saying this but these are things that have BBERRY best for work versus others I've used, at least for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:51 AM
    Add another-

Was typing an email that took a few minutes. Had to think about how to properly compose the message etc anyways...the ability to respond to a bbm message without having to close my email with the instant preview works wonderfully. Also the ability to swipe to delete....cant express how much I appreciate these two features

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:47 AM
    I've only had it for a day but I've used it to do some course work for a course I'm taking, including group discussion on D2L which was impossible on Z10 or my friends iPhone 5s.

I also love the look of zoomed out Wordpress, it will get me blogging again for sure

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:32 PM
    2. Theres a google cantonese pinyin keyboard (a form of Chinese input) that's not supported on bb10
    Sorry for hijacking, but anybody know if bb10.3 come with another chinese input CangJie or not?
    10-27-14 12:46 PM