Greetings.
    As you might have read in another post, I've been on a quest to find a backup Passport. Happy to report, I just opened a brand-new (haters, get back... no "ha! Brand new??? It's already 3 years old!") Passport from an authorized BlackBerry reseller.

Turning it on for the first time, looking at OS version10.3.0.1418, and not connected to a WiFi or cell network, it struck me to ask the users, more experienced than I:

Which updates would you skip? Why?

Which BBOS app-versions do you wish you could go back to? Why?

Since this is a backup device, I'm not in a hurry to make changes, so I figured I'd pose these questions. ๐Ÿ‘

And, by the way, the Original Passport is much more elegant than the AT&T version I've used for the last 2 years. (Elegant design may have some shortcomings, but, wow, BlackBerry really brought the goods here.)

Looking forward to see the things I may want to avoid and why.

String
    03-04-17 06:40 AM
    Launch it with 4 PKB and BlackBerry Android.
    03-04-17 06:53 AM
    03-04-17 06:54 AM
    Rico, I mean what would you load or not load... software updates. Not design preferences. ๐Ÿ‘

Citing design preferences will change the flavor of this thread. Any software updates you'd prefer to NOT have done? Wish you could go back to a particular version or release?
    03-04-17 07:06 AM
    Turn off automatic updates then check to see what updates it can detect in Settings / Software Updates. If you see 10.3.2, get it! If you see 10.3.3, well it's at your one risk. Since it's new you would probably be ok to do the latter and if it acts up just take it back to the store.
    Although on 10.3.3 you will lose your native Facebook app in place of a Web browser
    03-04-17 07:14 AM
    Launch it with 4 PKB and BlackBerry Android.
    Absolutely not. Fourth row keyboard is cluttered with symbols everywhere. The vkb symbol keyboard is easy to access and makes the passport look cleaner. The passport hit a home run and I wish they'd do it a gain. As for android, you have the keyone so you're in the wrong thread. I'm loving my bb10 still.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 07:34 AM
    I haven't had a single issue with any update yet. That being said, I think I've been fairly lucky as there have been quite a few complaints of issues since 10.3.3.

Being a brand new device I think you'd be fine with any update as there shouldn't be any conflicts or issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 07:44 AM
    Although on 10.3.3 you will lose your native Facebook app in place of a Web browser
    Hola... not a Facebook user, so, no worries there. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the input. I think this thread will bring insight to many new, proud, owners of the Passports that sold out!
    03-04-17 08:00 AM
    Absolutely not. Fourth row keyboard is cluttered with symbols everywhere. The vkb symbol keyboard is easy to access and makes the passport look cleaner. The passport hit a home run and I wish they'd do it a gain. As for android, you have the keyone so you're in the wrong thread. I'm loving my bb10 still.

Posted via CB10
    For your information have 2 Passports a RED and SE. But from a design perspective in its day company IT issues 100 Passports and a lot people complained because it tools weeks for staff to learn how to type without 4th row and no symbols on keys. Also at the end not coming out with Android OS is what sadly brought low sales and bad results. Love my Passports but not executed right. And I also have PRIV and have tried the KEYone and it is a work of art. Don't worry BlackBerry every day basically bring its version of OS closed to 10OS gestures,etc. I would never consider using another Android device after using BlackBerry Android.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 08:11 AM
    Downgrade to BlackBerry 10.2.0 because better callscreen. Altho BlackBerry Passport was never on 10.2.0 haha
    03-04-17 08:29 AM
    Update...
    New Passport automatically downloaded 10.3.3.145 as soon as I connected to WiFi.
    Interesting, I suppose. Phone called it a "mandatory update"...
    I suppose, if 10.3.3 is fraught with problems, those challenges, now, will be unavoidable.
    03-05-17 08:56 AM
    Update...
    New Passport automatically downloaded 10.3.3.145 as soon as I connected to WiFi.
    Interesting, I suppose. Phone called it a "mandatory update"...
    I suppose, if 10.3.3 is fraught with problems, those challenges, now, will be unavoidable.
    I got the 10.3.3 update day1, and haven't had any problems with it.
    Although my install was pretty clean at the time of the update so maybe "it just settled nicely" on my passport.
    03-05-17 09:54 AM