Try Office365 for your hosted domain. If you Google it, you can find the directions for moving hosted domains to live.com, ie Microsoft services like Office365. It uses active sync and works well with the Passport. If you buy/subscribe to the Office365, you get access to all the Office Apps on your PC/Mac, plus a huge amount of storage, maybe 1tb.

edit: Outlook.com no longer allows you to move hosted domains to Outlook.com, ones already moved are supported. You need Office365 for hosted domain.

https://domains.live.com/
    I use office365 for storage and the applications. I may just move everything there. I really kept Google Apps to feed our Androids. So I pay I think 80 a month. Probably cheaper to just upgrade the office subscription

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:16 PM
    OP, you need the Classic.

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    Yikes!!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:16 PM
    I did notice that many of the standard shortcuts need an alt key. I don't see an alt key.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:17 PM
    I feel that my thread is coming to a close so here are a few final observations, but before I make them I want to thank everyone who contributed to my knowledge of the Passport.

So, for me, the described "prosumer," here are the killer features of the Passport that I have discovered so far:

1. Battery
    2. Reception
    2.a. Sound quality
    3. Keyboard, including virtual keyboard and trackpad functionality
    4. Shortcut keys
    5. HUB
    6. BLEND
    7. Pinch to see only unread messages
    8. universal search for dialing
    9. Voice assistant
    10. Nearly perfect Android compatibility (leaving out some Google apps)
    11. Lack of monitoring by Google

I was going to list a top ten but I had to throw that last one in.

For me, the killer add on apps to bring me to productivity are:

1. CallLog (logs phone calls and text messages).
    2. Call Recorder Pro (Records calls as directed)
    3. BeeBuzz Pro (granular control of LED and notifications)
    4. Connect to OneDrive
    5. Parrot (voice recorder, free version since I already have a call recorder).
    6. Evernote
    7. Profile changer (adjust profile based on time, location, calendar entry, or wifi/Bluetooth connections).

An honorable mention for BBM, which is better than ever but is built-in and therefore doesn't make this list. Also, I don't know why everyone complains about Maps--I used it to navigate and it worked great. Also, I bought the Evolution Browser to access one site (mentioned above) that Browser won't work on (I chose Android as the emulation mode and it worked), but that is all that I use it for so far.

My sole disappointments are few:

1. No alt key that I can find for some enhanced shortcuts
    2. I can't figure out how to delete forward
    3. Google maps will be missed once in a blue moon (but you can run it in the browser).
    4. USB 2.0 charging slot. I got used to the 3.0 charging cable which, for dim sighted people like me, is easier to insert because it is broader and has more of an obvious top and bottom.

The best peripherals I have gotten are the Tudia Lite/whatever case and this Chinese dock that I mentioned above and in previous post. The worst is the tempered glass screensaver from Amazon that SUCKED BEYOND BELIEF and was broken 5 minutes after I received it (replacements arrive today; I may amend this with a little review of them).

For anyone in the prosumer category considering a purchase and currently on Android, I offer you some thoughts:

1. Call me. First, wake your device. Go to home screen if necessary. Click phone icon. Click in text field. start typing my name when the keyboard scrolls up--DONT MAKE A MISTAKE because they are hard to correct. Chose me from the list of "Charles" entries. Pick the number you cant to call. Click dial. Hold phone to face and talk. Now, if you had a Blackberry, you would swipe up, type "Char", click on my name and click on the number you want to dial. Phone to face. Done.

2. Send me an email. Same as above just click the email address rather than the number. Start typing. If we are really close, assign composing an email to me as your x key; hold down key a second then just start typing the message. Really, really close? Okay, assign my cell number to your y key. Hold it and the call starts.

3. Check my response. Notification discreetly pops up at top--disappears. Swipe up and right... peek at what you have waiting to see in Hub. Too much to deal with? Swipe all the way right then pinch to show the unread ones only.

4. Guilty pleasure? Got a favorite Android app? Load it from Amazon or Google Play (using Snap) or 1Mobile Market, or a dozen other sources.

5. Tired of saluting for calls? Put it on speaker and set on car console. They will never know they are on speaker.

6. Worried about carrying such a large phone? It isn't so big. It fits in a shirt pocket. It fits in a breast pocket of a coat. It fits in a pants pocket. It is shorter than my Note 3, has more screen with the Note 3 keyboard up, and doesn't require the Zerolemon 3 batteries glued together (heavy, large, requires special case, looks like a loaf of bread in your pocket and causes wool clothes to sag) to last the day.

Honestly, for a prosumer to not see the virtue of this phone as a productivity enhancer and time saver after using it (ignore the reviews, except for mine) is grounds for demotion to consumer, or just "'sumer".
    cbosdell, Zeratul57 and Rowan M like this.
    02-04-15 11:24 AM
    Somebody give this man an endorsement check!
    CharlieV likes this.
    02-04-15 12:30 PM
    I received the Mr. Shield screen protectors to replace the absolutely horrible tempered glass one I mentioned earlier. I got both the Matte and Privacy finish ones. The Privacy finish one is on now Luckily there are two of each, so I can experiment.

The packages come only with lint tape. That's it. The shields are nice and thick and do not go to the corners of the glass, so they would be less than ideal if you don't have a case. With my case (Tudia lite or whatever) they are perfect.

The privacy filter is surprisingly good. You really have about a 15 degree viewing angle the screen is totally invisible at maybe 30 degrees. Unfortunately, it does cause the screen to be darker and, well, the bright screen is one of the reasons I got the Passport (any why LCD makes sense over LED). The privacy screen is also matte finished. I doubt I will keep it on simply because I have some vision issues and don't run to kill my battery jacking the screen to 100 percent when 60 should do.

The matte one, which I just put on, preserves about 95% of the light coming from the screen; I like.

They both feel durable and strong.

Of course, the claim that they leave no bubbles is complete horse hockey, but they do leave minimal bubbles.
    Last edited by CharlieV#AC; 02-04-15 at 04:27 PM.
    02-04-15 04:05 PM
    I received the Mr. Shield screen protectors to replace the absolutely horrible tempered glass one I mentioned earlier. I got both the Matte and Privacy finish ones. The Privacy finish one is on now Luckily there are two of each, so I can experiment.

The packages come only with lint tape. That's it. The shields are nice and thick and do not go to the corners of the glass, so they would be less than ideal if you don't have a case. With my case (Tudia lite or whatever) they are perfect.

The privacy filter is surprisingly good. You really have about a 15 degree viewing angle the screen is totally invisible at maybe 30 degrees. Unfortunately, it does cause the screen to be darker and, well, the bright screen is one of the reasons I got the Passport (any why LCD makes sense over LED). The privacy screen is also matte finished. I doubt I will keep it on simply because I have some vision issues and don't run to kill my battery jacking the screen to 100 percent when 60 should do.

The matte one, which I just put on, preserves about 95% of the light coming from the screen; I like.

They both feel durable and strong.

Of course, the claim that they leave no bubbles is complete horse hockey, but they do leave minimal bubbles.
    It's been my experience with both matte finish and privacy screens, that if you get them on without bubbles, then it's usually on their for a long haul ( assuming you like it ) but over time, the matte will start to wear off and eventually it will become clear, lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 07:31 PM
    I use office365 for storage and the applications. I may just move everything there. I really kept Google Apps to feed our Androids. So I pay I think 80 a month. Probably cheaper to just upgrade the office subscription

Posted via CB10
    i am another happy office 365 customer. Anyone who cares to have excellent email can for $4.00 a month with an exchange plan 1 . You can add or modify to that but the basic active exchange email is $4.00 a month. You can use your own domain or use the one they make for you. Spam protection is also built into this $4.00 plan.
    Since moving my mail there, I have been an extremely happy customer and very very pleased with how my calender, contacts and tasks sync with my Blackberrys, other computers and devices. I cant say it enough, anything else is just lower quality email. Blackberry and Microsoft partnered together to make sure this is a rich experience and it really is.

In addition to that, anyone who has watched Microsoft webmail mature over the last decade plus knows that its servers do a good job of blocking spam too.
    02-05-15 10:47 AM
    Not really answering your question but I love my passport it just keeps going, I have near 200 apps installed a good few running headless and it keeps running well and smooth
    First BlackBerry I've had that's hasn't even staggered
    Pure work horse, someone said the other day "that's a big phone!"...I said "but it's a very small laptop and more powerful than yours "

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK. It would seem some people can type better than they can read
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-05-15 12:47 PM
    Not really answering your question but I love my passport it just keeps going, I have near 200 apps installed a good few running headless and it keeps running well and smooth
    First BlackBerry I've had that's hasn't even staggered
    Pure work horse, someone said the other day "that's a big phone!"...I said "but it's a very small laptop and more powerful than yours "

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK. It would seem some people can type better than they can read
    I agree. It just works. The honeymoon with my Passport is over and I'm still loving it more every day.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 04:47 PM
    Oh you should give power tools a look fantastic swiss army app and I take you have discovered Google maps etc runs using cobalts apps or did I miss that some where soz if I did

02-05-15 05:46 PM
    Lol oh and amazon instant works
    Don't see a mention of cobalts playstore either, might be worth a look into

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

02-05-15 06:13 PM
    Lol oh and amazon instant works
    Don't see a mention of cobalts playstore either, might be worth a look into

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

Wow! Just scanned that and I'm going to try it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 10:44 PM
    On my earlier battery comments, someone said that after a couple of weeks the phone would essentially settle down and battery life would improve. I really couldn't fathom, from a technical standpoint, why that would be so. But it is. I had a full day of medium to heavy usage yesterday and did not charge last night, and I am currently on 47 percent. (next morning).

I think maybe I am the one who settled down. Maybe I am using android apps less because I just don't need them.

Regarding typing, my focus has been on the increased accuracy of the Passport keyboard. Something has clicked in my brain now and I am able to type much faster than before. My speed has probably doubled in a week. I attribute this to finally adjusting to the location of the spacebar and suddenly not needing to look at the keys anymore. I'd say I was at about 30 to 35 words a minute on the android Swiftkey keyboard and I'd estimate that I am up to about 28 to 32 on the Passport. I am no typing genius, even on a computer keyboard. So this is pretty amazing. Oh, and my Passport keyboard has finally broken in like an expensive pair of shoes.

For reference, all of the foregoing required me to make minor corrections two times. I would have to read it three times and make numerous corrections with android, and the corrections would be harder to spot because Swiftkey would insert some properly spelled word.

My biggest challenge was the spacebar. Second was letting my left and right thumbs stake out territory on the keyboard and not cross those lines. Third was learning how to flick (haven't mastered that yet). And final was hitting the virtual keyboard with my left thumb when aiming for the top row keys on the physical keyboard. As an aside, it used to take me a long time to open the number virtual keyboard, and make my choice. The zero seems to be oddly placed. I found myself typing out numbers as words to avoid the virtual keyboard. That's over now and I'm able to use the numbers very quickly.

So anyone thinking this would be difficult to get used to, keep in mind that I am 48 years old and picked it up pretty quickly. Look at the length of this post...I would have been on the android or computer to do this out of necessity, and am having no trouble on the Passport now.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K and halberry1 like this.
    02-06-15 08:50 AM
    The other, and the reason I am posting this using the Android, is that despite the big beautiful screen, there are several apps that produce text too small for my eyes. But, having mentioned the screen, the readability in daylight of the Passport screen is a killer feature. Awesome.
    OP, I think you can use magnifying mode under accessibility in the setting mode to pinch anywhere in the screen to zoom. It might solve your issue with small text.
    02-08-15 06:25 AM
    OP, I think you can use magnifying mode under accessibility in the setting mode to pinch anywhere in the screen to zoom. It might solve your issue with small text.
    Thanks for that. I tried it and it is a little cumbersome. But I also tried evolution browser and it seems to size text and wrap words a little better. The Facebook iapp n particular has tiny text. But when I use it in evolution browser it is more readable.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:32 PM
    Thanks for that. I tried it and it is a little cumbersome. But I also tried evolution browser and it seems to size text and wrap words a little better. The Facebook iapp n particular has tiny text. But when I use it in evolution browser it is more readable.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried to change the font size in the device settings?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did. In fact I just tried it again. I changed the font size in Settings>Display to the biggest, 18. It changed the font here in the Crackberry App, but not in Facebook.

Maybe Facebook is a port. I really don't even like Facebook so to heck with it.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-09-15 10:40 PM
    By the way I figure out how to forward delete. Hold the shift key on the virtual keyboard and hit backspace on the physical keyboard. Everyone but me probably knew that already...

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 10:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    You inspired me. I found that the font size does pertain in the browser. Bye bye Facebook app. I can check it in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-09-15 10:43 PM
    I did. In fact I just tried it again. I changed the font size in Settings>Display to the biggest, 18. It changed the font here in the Crackberry App, but not in Facebook.

Maybe Facebook is a port. I really don't even like Facebook so to heck with it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, the Facebook app is actually a native app, lol.
    02-09-15 11:16 PM
    Lol, the Facebook app is actually a native app, lol.
    Haha yeah I figured that out when I re downloaded it from the beta zone. I tried to submit feedback and no joy. Oh well. Trust me, it works the same or better in the browser and uses zero resources. Whoop!

I quit Facebook once or twice a year anyway in disgust anyway. You can tell I am comfortable with the phone (which was the original question I posed) when I'm down to little stuff like resizing the font on the Facebook app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    02-10-15 07:47 AM
    Haha yeah I figured that out when I re downloaded it from the beta zone. I tried to submit feedback and no joy. Oh well. Trust me, it works the same or better in the browser and uses zero resources. Whoop!

I quit Facebook once or twice a year anyway in disgust anyway. You can tell I am comfortable with the phone (which was the original question I posed) when I'm down to little stuff like resizing the font on the Facebook app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    Tried using the Android version via Snap/Play Store?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:19 AM
    You inspired me. I found that the font size does pertain in the browser. Bye bye Facebook app. I can check it in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Font should change in more than just the browser as well. My HUB fonts change too. I haven't really looked at what apps it changes in though.
    02-10-15 09:52 AM
    Font should change in more than just the browser as well. My HUB fonts change too. I haven't really looked at what apps it changes in though.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. The font size changes in everything but the facebook app. That app seems to be immune from settings>display font size changes.

Not a big deal but just odd since it is supposed to be a native app.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-10-15 06:34 PM
163 ... 4567