I currently use a Classic and the Android version of the Kindle app does not work fast or well enough to be usable on the Classic. Is this app the same way on Passport? I used to use a Passport about a year ago, back when there actually was Kindle in BlackBerry World; but now, seems like you can only find Kindle in the Amazon Appstore. It seems like the Kindle app now is slow, even on a well-spec'd device like the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 08:10 AM
    I found it worked well enough on the Passport.
    05-30-16 08:34 AM
    Takes it's time to load but works ok once it's running on mine.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    05-30-16 09:17 AM
    Seems to run ok for me.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-30-16 11:02 AM
    Sometimes it hangs, so I restart it. Once it's running it's fine. Useful when I don't have my Paperwhite with me. I also use FBreader for all my other Ebook formats.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 11:42 AM
    For those of you that say Kindle runs fine on Passport, are you all using the app downloaded from the Amazon Appstore? Or are you still using it from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 11:43 AM
    For those of you that say Kindle runs fine on Passport, are you all using the app downloaded from the Amazon Appstore? Or are you still using it from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    Google Play Store.
    05-30-16 11:55 AM
    Google Play Store.
    Is it easy to install Google Play on a BlackBerry 10 device?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 12:03 PM
    Is it easy to install Google Play on a BlackBerry 10 device?

Posted via CB10
    It is. Just three apks to install. Read the first post in this thread carefully:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344
    05-30-16 12:05 PM
    Agreed. Using latest version from Google Play Store on Passport and works fine. Has always been slow to load through all the versions but if you just wait until opens it works fine. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 12:43 PM
    Does anyone here use the Amazon Appstore version of Kindle on their Passport with no problems?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 02:04 PM
    I had it from the amazon app store but it ate the battery so I had to un-install it.

Haven't re-tryed it a few months.
    It worked fine as a reader, but: even after closing it would still hang around in the background. Yes... I did have background activity turned off.

Let me know if you try it

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    05-30-16 04:13 PM
    The experience I recall with the app on my Passport is that the usability was fine, but it sucked so much battery life, even after tweaking the minimized run setting, that I ended up uninstalling it. One of two Android apps I found unacceptable that way.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 04:15 PM
    I currently use a Classic and the Android version of the Kindle app does not work fast or well enough to be usable on the Classic. Is this app the same way on Passport? I used to use a Passport about a year ago, back when there actually was Kindle in BlackBerry World; but now, seems like you can only find Kindle in the Amazon Appstore. It seems like the Kindle app now is slow, even on a well-spec'd device like the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I use the version from the Amazon app store and it works like a charm. It's certainly no better on my Priv. The lcd screen on the Passport gives better text clarity in my opinion too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-30-16 07:42 PM
    I've used the Play store version on my Passport for quite a while. It can take quite a while to load--several minutes, with two or three "Amazon kindle has stopped responding. Wait/close" cycles. I don't consider that "fine" but I deal with it. Infrequently, it just closes without warning. If I park it in an active frame and do other things for a while, it may freeze when I go back to it.

I still l use it a lot, but the experience is getting less enjoyable.
    05-30-16 08:12 PM
    I used the one from amazon, it made the phone get hot and use a lot of battery, uninstalled it; I hadn't thought of using the google version but if it's just as laggy... Pity, using the keyboard to scroll made a lot of sense. So no more buying books for Kindle!
    05-31-16 08:15 AM
    I used the one from amazon, it made the phone get hot and use a lot of battery, uninstalled it; I hadn't thought of using the google version but if it's just as laggy... Pity, using the keyboard to scroll made a lot of sense. So no more buying books for Kindle!
    How about PlayEpub Book Reader from BBW? It will support epub, Kindle and FB2 formats. I use it in my Playbook and Passport. Great app, but I don't have Kindle books to test it for that. It is the best epub reader that I have found. It also has CloudSync support and lots of customization. You can check it out at Playepub ? Epub, Kindle and FB2 ebook reader for Blackberry 10 and Playbook . I have no affiliation with the dev, i just like the app.
    05-31-16 11:10 AM
    How about PlayEpub Book Reader from BBW? It will support epub, Kindle and FB2 formats. I use it in my Playbook and Passport. Great app, but I don't have Kindle books to test it for that. It is the best epub reader that I have found. It also has CloudSync support and lots of customization. You can check it out at Playepub ? Epub, Kindle and FB2 ebook reader for Blackberry 10 and Playbook . I have no affiliation with the dev, i just like the app.
    Yes, I actually do have ePubReader but, how do I get Kindle books to show up in the app?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 11:30 AM
    Yes, I actually do have ePubReader but, how do I get Kindle books to show up in the app?

Posted via CB10
    As I said, I have no Kindle books, but there is a way (you know its the BB way workaround!). I think most, but not all, Kindle books are DRM-protected, so you would probably have to remove that protection. Go to that website I provided above and look at the FAQ. The very first entry explains how to read your Kindle books. I used to have a Kindle account years ago but gave it up and now buy epubs from other online sites (eg. ebooks.com). I remember using the Calibre program to remove DRM but not sure how or if it works now.
    05-31-16 11:42 AM
    As I said, I have no Kindle books, but there is a way (you know its the BB way workaround!). I think most, but not all, Kindle books are DRM-protected, so you would probably have to remove that protection. Go to that website I provided above and look at the FAQ. The very first entry explains how to read your Kindle books. I used to have a Kindle account years ago but gave it up and now buy epubs from other online sites (eg. ebooks.com). I remember using the Calibre program to remove DRM but not sure how or if it works now.
    I have just gone to the fanPage and I post ask the administration about how to bring the Kindle version from Amazon to see in Play Epub. Finally I got the answer here.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 12:35 PM
    I have just gone to the fanPage and I post ask the administration about how to bring the Kindle version from Amazon to see in Play Epub. Finally I got the answer here.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    No problem. I gave up Kindle long ago and have never looked back. To me, it was just too clunky, ad-heavy and resource hungry, so I opted for a much easier and less intrusive reading system. Just my opinion, YMMV.
    05-31-16 12:50 PM
    I use the Amazon app store one, works fine for me.

05-31-16 01:59 PM
    I use the Amazon app store one, works fine for me.

Good to know!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 02:09 PM
    Works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 02:36 PM
    Installed again from amazon store, seems to be behaving itself. I wonder if it will last.
    06-01-16 01:29 PM
31 12