Thanks man, and I'm glad to hear (though I am very sorry to hear) that we aren't the only one going through this exact scenario.

Hoping the new number fixes it..will keep you posted. Thanks again my man
    04-22-15 11:53 AM
    Have her friends change their address book entry moving he number from iPhone to Mobile. Any message from their phones should now go SMS to her

DHS
    04-22-15 12:01 PM
    So there are no android people in that hospital group either? New number will not fix it I worry, as an android phone would have the same non iMessage issue.

The problem here is Apple and iMessage group chat not being friendly to other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:13 PM
    The thing is that if there's an iPad in the chat I'm assuming there is no way to communicate to non imessage users.
    04-22-15 02:48 PM
    Anyone else feel like an email campaign to Cupertino for invasion of privacy, and interfering with commerce?

I'll say this much, it's a pleasure to see Cupertino underlined in red as a spelling error. Cupertino is much more than just a spelling error, but there is some minor relief for some of us.
    04-22-15 03:13 PM
    Thanks guys, this information really helped a lot. She's able to text most of her contacts at work now. Group texting I don't think is working with all of them...but it's getting there..

Thanks again!
    I'm curious and surprised that all these BlackBerry fans and users never contemplated this very first question:

Are these communications from your spouse and her other nurse friends at work Personal, Business or Mixed?

- if Personal, or Mixed then the very most simplistic solution is have all her friends on iOS go into settings and ADD their mobile numbers as another way to be contacted. The added benefit is if they're not on cellular coverage a phone call from the Passport will still dial them if they have a WiFi connection. (BBM doesn't do this, yet unfortunately. )

If Work related and should they be reprimanded for kissing work communications; then their employer needs to come up with a proper and reliable standard : BBM first and foremost then WhatsApp should be used (with Save Chat History Enabled from the VERY start in case of switching devices in the future) . Also for recording history in case any event or records are required legally.

Simple solution : iOS users add their number as another contact for iMessage,

Add BBM and use this for Mixed or Work communication chats

Personal and or all the above BBM/WhatsApp, BBM Preferred for security.

Cheers. And I'm sure all this was mentioned.

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    04-22-15 03:22 PM
    You can disassociate her phone number from imessage online through apple.com

Posted via CB10 for Red BlackBerry Passport
    04-22-15 05:12 PM
    Changed her number. Shes at work today - saying it's working a lot better! Will know 100% by the end of day.

Thanks again guys and gals for everything!
    04-23-15 11:27 AM
    Hi, my girlfriend recently got a Blackberry Passport, and shes a nurse at a real life hospital. Up until recently she always had the Iphone4 and communicated with her 6 or 7 work partners through "imessage".

The problem is - that she now has a Blackberry Passport and everyone that was sending her imessages before seem to no longer be able to text her. Wifi on the old iphone is off and still no messages (which previously were imessages) are coming through to the Passport.

Is this a problem because she was using such an old Iphone before? How can she stop this from happening and just talk to her partners on a normal group text or something similar..? She is trying to avoid inconveniencing anyone on their end about this and would like to just Or there isn't an iMessage app for BB, right?

thanks gals and guys, really really appreciate it!
    I'm just glad she doesn't work at a make believe hospital

Via Passport
    04-24-15 06:43 PM
    Changed her number. Shes at work today - saying it's working a lot better! Will know 100% by the end of day.

Thanks again guys and gals for everything!
    So did the new number fix it? I have unregistered my number from iMessage, and called apple multiple times, and my friends (in group text) keep trying to send iMessages. its almost to the verge of forcing me to get a new number!
    05-01-15 06:59 AM
    all you have to do is go to the website and deregister. I switch between my iPhone and passport all the time.

All the sarcasm towards Apple on this forum is sickening to read. This place is starting to feel like a cult.
    eyesopen1111 and sunnys1 like this.
    05-01-15 07:50 AM
    all you have to do is go to the website and deregister. I switch between my iPhone and passport all the time.

All the sarcasm towards Apple on this forum is sickening to read. This place is starting to feel like a cult.
    That doesn't work for everyone. My niece has done everything by the book to switch iMessage off for her number and she still has people she can't contact on her SG5.

Glad it works for you. Obviously based on the comments success is not consistent.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:00 AM
    Gltruesdale don't assume it works for everyone stuff that works for some may not work for others try to help them find a solution don't just accuse them of being a cult

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:08 AM
    Well that's the thing though - it shouldn't be an imessage group chat. If one outlier doesn't have an iphone, the entire chat shouldn't be sent/setup thru imessage, right? Unlike BBM though, imessage is integrated into the text messages on iphone, there's no real distinction besides the colours? (this is what she is telling me)

And..yeah it'd be nice to migrate to BBM or whatsapp, but you know how everyday Americans are...they aren't installing any additional apps.
    Not installing any additional apps?????? What's the sense of owning a iphone, you need apps just to do half the functions the other platforms do right out of the box lmao!!!!

Must be to fit in with the herd!
    05-01-15 08:09 AM
    iFeel for ya, but iLaughed (maybe just a chuckle) because iExperience this sort of thing all of the time when troubleshooting iPhones...
    05-01-15 08:31 AM
    Apple can fix this problem easily. Anyone that wipes their iPhone should automatically be unregistered from iMessage.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:51 AM
    Gltruesdale don't assume it works for everyone stuff that works for some may not work for others try to help them find a solution don't just accuse them of being a cult

Posted via CB10
    Right..

I'm sure the solution doesn't work for everybody.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-01-15 10:42 AM
    You need to get back on a apple device and log out of itunes and turn off imessage then reset the apple device. It's an apple problem. I had the same problem when I went from and iPhone to an android. Apple finally fixed that problem with an update. I guess not with blackberry

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:08 AM

As many say about BlackBerry, you shouldn't have to do a work-around to get it to work. I shouldn't have to go to a website to receive text messages on my phone. Trust me, if this was a BlackBerry issue, it would be a bigger story than it is. The Apple and Android boys would be having a field day with this.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:35 AM
    AND I'm not saying it's ok for BlackBerry to have work-arounds and not Apple. I hate the "2 wrongs make a right" mentality. I hate needing work-arounds on my BlackBerry but I deal with them because I like my BlackBerry. Work-arounds aren't for everyone. By all means, use whatever platform you want, however you want to.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:51 AM
    I have signed out of iMessage, Facetime, used the de-register tool, had friends delete old threads from their phone, had people delete me from their contacts, changed my support password, apple id password, called apple a handful of times, and still people with iphones in a group text send iMessages, and I don't receive them. I don't know what else to do! I really don't want to get a new number. Its beyond frustrating. and the de-register tool doesn't work for me. Sounds like tonight I will have another call to apple.
    05-01-15 02:42 PM
    Call apple guys... don't hesitate. The more people call, chances are they will finally realise that it's an issue and they will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 03:59 PM
    As many say about BlackBerry, you shouldn't have to do a work-around to get it to work. I shouldn't have to go to a website to receive text messages on my phone. Trust me, if this was a BlackBerry issue, it would be a bigger story than it is. The Apple and Android boys would be having a field day with this.

Posted via CB10
    My sister is in the 1% that traded out her iPhone for an HTC One and she had no problem using the Apple website to handle the iMessage issue. I figure that this isn�t a big story because few people have problems getting the Apple website fix to work, though I completely agree that this is a bug and shouldn�t be needed.
    05-01-15 04:50 PM
    Right..

I'm sure the solution doesn't work for everybody.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    2 different issues here I think. This won't do anything to fix the group iMessage issue that remains.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:37 PM
    So did the new number fix it? I have unregistered my number from iMessage, and called apple multiple times, and my friends (in group text) keep trying to send iMessages. its almost to the verge of forcing me to get a new number!
    Hey buddy, my apologies - Haven't been on here in a while.

It DID fix it - changing the number that is. It works for her 100% at work with all of her iphone coworkers and friends. So that is great news. Had to pay a $37 or so line fee, but we think it was worth it overall.

I know everyone mentioned in this thread that is is "simple" and just to contact apple or de-register on their website, but I'm telling you - we did that and everything you mention to no avail.

Anyhow - sucks that we had to change the number, and that seems to be the only concrete solution to getting it to work - but good to know that there is a solution.

Thanks again all, and my apologies again I was late with my reply. Did you get it working for you??

Now if I could only get her work email to work on her PP..Her Hosp just "discontinued" the blackberry server or something to that effect..I haven't tinkered much yet though..
    05-14-15 08:19 PM
81 1234