Hi there!

I've had a Bold a decade ago, and also the Nokia E61 with BES functionality. While the phone eventually got replaced, I've kept the Nokia SU-W8 foldable keyboard as a companion to several iPhones over the years.

However, recently the keyboard finally gave up and I haven't been able to resurrect it. While there seem to be lots of decent keyboards for tablets, the foldable ones that would complement a phone doesn't seem that sturdy or reliable.

I've therefor been toying with the idea -- mad as it may seem -- to actually try to get hold of a BlackBerry Passport while such a device can still be purchased.

The question is, how usable is it today? What I'd like it to do is:

• send and recieve emails
    • run the legacy Evernote application (pre-installed, I'm told; is that so?).
    • be able to "import" handwritten notes to Evernote with the camera.
    • edit the occasional (Word-) document.

So, will it do the trick, or is it utterly fruitless to by the Passport in this day and age?

Kind regards

Martin
    02-10-20 09:38 AM
    Hi there!

I've had a Bold a decade ago, and also the Nokia E61 with BES functionality. While the phone eventually got replaced, I've kept the Nokia SU-W8 foldable keyboard as a companion to several iPhones over the years.

However, recently the keyboard finally gave up and I haven't been able to resurrect it. While there seem to be lots of decent keyboards for tablets, the foldable ones that would complement a phone doesn't seem that sturdy or reliable.

I've therefor been toying with the idea -- mad as it may seem -- to actually try to get hold of a BlackBerry Passport while such a device can still be purchased.

The question is, how usable is it today? What I'd like it to do is:

• send and recieve emails
    • run the legacy Evernote application (pre-installed, I'm told; is that so?).
    • be able to "import" handwritten notes to Evernote with the camera.
    • edit the occasional (Word-) document.

So, will it do the trick, or is it utterly fruitless to by the Passport in this day and age?

Kind regards

Martin
    For what you asked about, the Passport currently should meet your needs... especially if you are holding onto one of your iPhone as a companion device.

It is an EOL product.... plenty of these topics here on CrackBerry. Take a few hours to read through them.
    02-10-20 10:20 AM
    I do stuff like that and more every day. I don't even dual-carry.
    I can't speak directly about Evernote, I prefer Remember (the new built in app for that). I understand Remember does/did sync with Evernote as well

If you really must sync with Evernote online, ask very carefully about that before plunking down your dollars

Posted via CB10
    02-10-20 03:58 PM
    Native Evernote app still works. I use is every day. Also camera to evernote works with the native app. I do not know what u meant with handwriting note to evernote. As far as I know the BB10 app does not have the option to convert it to text as on Android. But the handwriting note itself can be uploaded.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    02-11-20 12:27 AM
    @Martin Lindholm, not sure what level of word processing you require. If it is just editing on the go and creating text, it is great but have in mind that the built-in office suite cannot handle documents with images inserted. I personally type so much on it, unparalleled typing experience! The spreadsheet app part of Docs to Go is also quite usable!
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    02-11-20 06:19 AM
    I deleted Evernote on mine. How do I get it back? It's a baked in app in the OS as far as I understand. Thanks in advance,

Posted via my Passport
    02-11-20 05:48 PM
    I deleted Evernote on mine. How do I get it back? It's a baked in app in the OS as far as I understand. Thanks in advance,

Posted via my Passport
    You can extract the app from an autoloader and side load it with Chrome, Sachesi or DBBT.

Alternatively run an autoloader which will of course wipe your phone.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    02-11-20 06:21 PM
    Thank you,

Posted via my Passport
    02-11-20 06:35 PM

Posted via my Passport
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g53odjimij...0.515.bar?dl=0
    02-11-20 07:06 PM
    Thanks. File won't open in download folder. Is there a special process to install. bar files?

Posted via my Passport
    02-11-20 07:14 PM
    Thanks. File won't open in download folder. Is there a special process to install. bar files?

Posted via my Passport
    Sideload from PC using Sachesi or DBBT.
    02-11-20 07:21 PM
    Ah Ok. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    02-11-20 07:22 PM
    The biggest drawback to the Passport is its size. Great phone. I got two of 'em, however, rarely use them outside the house because their pocketability pushes the envelope. This Q10 that I am typing on is right sized.

The Passport (and it's android clone) is , without a doubt however, the coolest looking phone ever made. So go get it.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    02-12-20 09:20 PM
    The biggest drawback to the Passport is its size. Great phone. I got two of 'em, however, rarely use them outside the house because their pocketability pushes the envelope. This Q10 that I am typing on is right sized.

The Passport (and it's android clone) is , without a doubt however, the coolest looking phone ever made. So go get it.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    That is entirely personal. I love the form factor of the Passport and it fits in my pockets nicely. I would even call the size and advantage. My iPhone X sometimes fell out of my pocket!

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-13-20 03:02 AM
    That is entirely personal. I love the form factor of the Passport and it fits in my pockets nicely. I would even call the size and advantage. My iPhone X sometimes fell out of my pocket!

Posted via CB10
    I can second this. My passport fits perfectly in my pockets ( no skinny jeans) and can fit in a shirt pocket nicely.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-13-20 03:41 AM

Posted via my Passport
    Did u try my World? On BBW. And scroll to see your un installed Emote, may be you can re install through this! I'm not that sure! You can try!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-20 08:31 AM
    I can second this. My passport fits perfectly in my pockets ( no skinny jeans) and can fit in a shirt pocket nicely.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Passport no problem with coat pockets and most shirt pockets. It is the skinny jeans part where the Passport is snug. And forget about any exercise arm band when jogging. I find my Keyone work phone larger than I would like as well.

Regardless, if pocketability isn't an issue, I advise to get one.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-20 08:42 AM
    Just bought myself a silver one tonight. Much faster than the classic. But won't use it as dd as I have a key2.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-20 11:16 AM
    Just bought myself a silver one tonight. Much faster than the classic. But won't use it as dd as I have a key2.

Posted via CB10
    A silver KEY2 and silver Passport make a nice combo visually!
    02-13-20 11:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a KeyONE and a KEY2 and still I am using the PP as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-13-20 12:05 PM
    should I use blackberry protect on my recently purchased passport silver edition or keep it off?
    thanks
    02-13-20 01:38 PM
    should I use blackberry protect on my recently purchased passport silver edition or keep it off?
    thanks
    I would use it.
    02-13-20 06:14 PM
    Did u try my World? On BBW. And scroll to see your un installed Emote, may be you can re install through this! I'm not that sure! You can try!

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, not listed in My World Apps.

Posted via my Passport
    02-13-20 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have an OG Passport as my DD and a K2 SE as backup, not dual carry, just backup!

Posted via my Passport
    02-13-20 06:58 PM
    I do stuff like that and more every day. I don't even dual-carry.
    I can't speak directly about Evernote, I prefer Remember (the new built in app for that). I understand Remember does/did sync with Evernote as well

If you really must sync with Evernote online, ask very carefully about that before plunking down your dollars

Posted via CB10
    Syncing up to two devices on Evernote is free, with monthly data limits.

Remember also syncs perfectly with Outlook.com and MS Cloud Exchange.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-13-20 07:01 PM
34 12