I really want to utilize this feature kind of getting tired always fiddling with my wallet lol

Windmere
    10-26-14 06:15 PM
    you need an nfc sim card and have a credit card with whatever bank you have...link the card with the app
    now you can pay via tap with your CC....and I assume with your bank account as well if it supports visa debit or whatever
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-26-14 06:48 PM
    I haven't tried it and dont know if it work...
    Has anyone used it?
    10-26-14 06:54 PM
    I really want to utilize this feature kind of getting tired always fiddling with my wallet lol

Windmere
    Are you in Canada?

You need a bank or card issuer's app that supports the Passport. You will also need an NFC SIM that is supported by that particular bank/issuer.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-26-14 07:00 PM
    We all need a bank agnostic app, so the app can be used globally, regardless of your cc issuer.
    10-26-14 07:10 PM
    We all need a bank agnostic app, so the app can be used globally, regardless of your cc issuer.
    That doesn't exist for any platform, sadly. And it would be impossible given how payments work.

10-26-14 07:25 PM
    I have a Bell sim card enabled for NFC. It works perfectly for my RBC visa card but few terminals (aka bank card machine thingy) are setup to take it yet. There are a few tap enabled terminals out there but quite often it has a sticker on it "tap disabled". Plus there is usually a dollar limit around $50.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:53 PM
    If you really just want to try it out, the Tim Hortons app uses NFC to pay and you don't need a special Sim Card or credit card.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:08 PM
    ??? I have only one golf card with a$35k credit limit that I use globally. Using my nfc enable SIM supporting my bank and their app is not only all I need but all I want.

I suspect that is the case for most everyone.

My nfc enabled BBRY can be used globally and charge to my single visa which is what I personally want.

I am not sure exactly what you want but my solution works for me and has for a long time.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    10-27-14 12:05 AM
    no I'm in the united states of america.
    10-27-14 03:43 AM
    Seems like this pay by nfc tech is still in beta stage. Thank you all for your replies and input. Looks like for now I will stick with the plastic until this feature has matured.
    10-27-14 03:47 AM
    Seems like this pay by nfc tech is still in beta stage. Thank you all for your replies and input. Looks like for now I will stick with the plastic until this feature has matured.
    The feature is as mature as its ever been in the US. And with the introduction of Apple's new ApplePay, which is heavly being endorsed by Mastercard who are the innovators to the Paypass NFC tap and pay, the technology will be taking off. I live in America in New York City. I'm not aware of any application like Google wallet or Softcard, which is formerly known as ISIS, which is enabled for the BlackBerry passport, or any BlackBerry for that matter. If anyone knows of one, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! pin:2BDB5FDF Monday, October 27, 2014 04:58:54

Yes I'm using the passport!!!
    10-27-14 04:03 AM
    I know CardsApp now supports blackberry but it's mainly used in Asia rather than the western world. You can try it and see for yourself.
    10-27-14 04:56 AM
    blackberry have had hardware capable of this, and approved for use with, since the Bold 9900. The fundamental issue has always been the banks bickering, and the carriers bickering over their slice of the pie I think. THis is why Apple's Apple Pay solution is an innovation - not techical, but organsational. How it takes off I don't know, as I see one large Pharmacy chain in the US blocked all their nfc terminals to stop people using the iphones because once again they want to build their own app.

To say the technology is in beta is not quite laying the blame in the right place but is essentially an understatement. Although to be honest, the infrastructure is there at least in the UK with some really big vendors having nfc equipped terminals (Tesco, McDonalds, Boots, Costa Coffee, Nero among others). The phones have been capable for too long also. Apple may shake up the market on this, it may not. Their approach differs from Google Wallet, but that should have shaken up the market too. I don't think it did, certainly not in the UK where it doesn't even work.

I'm sure Apple will do pretty well out of it, but for the rest of the mobile phone owning public its business (or lack of it) as usual still I'm afraid. I'd be prepared to keep using an NFC enabled bank card for a while yet.
    10-27-14 09:01 AM
    ??? I have only one golf card with a$35k credit limit that I use globally. Using my nfc enable SIM supporting my bank and their app is not only all I need but all I want.

My nfc enabled BBRY can be used globally and charge to my single visa which is what I personally want.

I am not sure exactly what you want but my solution works for me and has for a long time.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    I think we're all actually saying the same thing. Today, we can take our credit card, regardless of issuer, and go anywhere in the world, and your card would be accepted. There are many different credit card terminals in use across the globe, but they all can accept our cards. With NFC tap-and-go payments, we need the same thing. As long as we can link our NFC enabled phone to our card, then the NFC terminal can be any size, shape or form, as long as it has NFC capabilities.
    srfinva and mona5804 like this.
    10-28-14 05:45 PM

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    What application are you using on your BlackBerry passport that will enable you to tap and pay at a merchants terminal? I live in the USA and I was unaware that there was an application for BlackBerry that allowed this functionality. I was aware that the device has NFC, however using near field communication on my BlackBerry passport to tap and pay I thought was not available as of yet.

Please explain in detail how you are tapping and paying with NFC at retailers. Thank you. If you would like to private message me please do so. pin:2BDB5FDF Saturday, November 8, 2014 21:02:59

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-08-14 08:03 PM
    Are you in Canada?

You need a bank or card issuer's app that supports the Passport. You will also need an NFC SIM that is supported by that particular bank/issuer.

So if I am with Telus, which bank here in Canada will support Telus NFC nano Sim? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 08:48 PM
    Is there a way to convert your existing paywave visa cards to nfc I wonder?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 09:02 PM
    So if I am with Telus, which bank here in Canada will support Telus NFC nano Sim? Thanks.
    None of the major international card issuers are working with Telus, AFAIK. But the regional Canadian banks are (CIBC, RBC, TD)

Which phones they support officially is an issue. (See their sites). Some people here seem to have gotten their apps working on unsupported phones like the Passport and Z30.

11-12-14 09:50 PM
    I can confirm cibc with telus on passport.

Posted via CB10
    gusmuh likes this.
    11-12-14 11:16 PM
    I can confirm cibc with telus on passport.

Posted via CB10
    Your tapping and paying with your passport? What application are you using to do that? Pin message me or get me on BBM so we can chat at length about this please. pin:2BDB5FDF Friday, November 14, 2014 20:43:32

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-14-14 07:43 PM
    None of the major international card issuers are working with Telus, AFAIK. But the regional Canadian banks are (CIBC, RBC, TD)

Which phones they support officially is an issue. (See their sites). Some people here seem to have gotten their apps working on unsupported phones like the Passport and Z30.

TD sucks! They only offer this for the 9900. When I questioned them about it, I got a canned answer (obviously, but still...).

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-14-14 08:42 PM
    Android has over 80% of the market share in mobile OS usage so if they cannot sway users, I am not sure anyone can. I dont see this being universally accepted until the banks unite and come together on an app.
    11-14-14 09:21 PM
    Android has over 80% of the market share in mobile OS usage so if they cannot sway users, I am not sure anyone can. I dont see this being universally accepted until the banks unite and come together on an app.
    Google wallet is the answer. Soft card is the answer. I just wish Google or soft card would develop their applications for the BlackBerry OS. Ping me for further discussion. pin:2BDB5FDF Friday, November 14, 2014 22:36:36

11-14-14 09:36 PM
    Google wallet is the answer. Soft card is the answer. I just wish Google or soft card would develop their applications for the BlackBerry OS. Ping me for further discussion. pin:2BDB5FDF Friday, November 14, 2014 22:36:36

Neither one is the answer. Apple Pay has already surpassed both. BlackBerry needs some sort of similar implementation.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-15-14 12:36 PM
50 12