02-12-15 01:39 PM
134 ... 456
tools
    That use to work. Just tried it and it sounds even with the volume all the way down. Oh well silent works too.
    02-11-15 04:56 PM
    Excuse me? You get to decide what's a ridiculous thread?
    My point is that the camera "shutter"/video select volumes are maximum system volumes - way too loud - much louder than other handsets.
    And why should I be expected to set/reset the system volume to zero every time I want to use the camera?
    Real example: I mean it's not like I'm not going to receive notifications whilst spending a few hours wandering around the Eden Project (for the 7th time later this year, taking maybe a hundred photos and a few videos, off and on during the day).
    "Sorry, I missed you because I forgot to reset the volume to normal whilst spending a couple of hours taking photos."
    Or - I forgot to silence the handset and EVERY time I hear that "shutter" go (skeuomorphism at it's worst - what's wrong with a soft chime - it's 2015) I curse BB.

You don't get to decide what I believe to be a usability flaw: either offer the option to mute all camera sounds from within the app (subject to local laws), or update the OS in the next cycle to reduce the volume, or link the volume to the system/media volume.

Out.
    You need to read my post above ^^^^

Posted via my ZED10
    02-11-15 06:22 PM
    I'm glad I came across this thread. All this time, I thought it was not possible to mute the shutter without installing an app like my 9900

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:25 PM
    Vorplaz, you simply don't know what you are talking about. You can take pictures and shoot video in most courts in my state as long as you submit a camera request notice to court. Thay are not allowed in federal court but are in state court.

Then if you are a reporter and watching some wrongdoing, you may not want that click to tip the perp off.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:21 PM
    Vorplaz, you simply don't know what you are talking about. You can take pictures and shoot video in most courts in my state as long as you submit a camera request notice to court. Thay are not allowed in federal court but are in state court.

Then if you are a reporter and watching some wrongdoing, you may not want that click to tip the perp off.

Posted via CB10
    Probably don't want the phone ringing either right? Once again, this argument is invalid.
    02-11-15 07:41 PM
    So, since my earlier post got deleted, I have to retype this.

Basically, this whole argument is BS. Blackberry has to and wants to abide by certain laws, so it's giving you the best of both worlds, the ability to silence the camera, or not have it silenced.

How hard is it to swipe down and hit your notification onto silent? Takes 2 seconds, just as long as it would take to turn on or off the shutter sound within the camera app...

Secondly, For the one ******** about going on a long day of photo shoots and missing calls... Guess what, you will end up scaring your subject that you are trying to sneak pics of if your phone isn't on silent and it rings away with emails/bbm's/txts and phone calls. SO Please explain to us how your arugment is valid if your phone goes off even though the shutter sound is off? Is that going to be the fault of BlackBerry, your friends/peers or family that is trying to contact you at the precise moment you are stalking a picture or is the fault going to be YOUR OWN??

This is completely stupid, you live in a world where you have great camera's, accessibility of internet, access to information at your finger tips, but yet people are arguing over something so minute? It's bloody pathetic.

There's people in this world that complain that they are hungry because they haven't had a single meal in a month, people that are thirsty because their water wells have dried up or they aren't able to drink the water because it is polluted with animal feces.... People need to grow up and stop ******** about the small things in life.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SWITCH YOUR PHONE TO SILENT FOR A FEW SECONDS? Going on a long day of photoshooting, you never ever use a camera phone for great amazing pictures.

Stop using phony pathetic excuses to better your arguments.....
    02-11-15 08:50 PM
    You all know what is different in this thread from the others wanting the camera silence option?

Not a damn thing. [Mod edit] We all just end up arguing about it whether it is right or wrong.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 02-11-15 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Edited for NSFW comment.
    02-11-15 09:18 PM
    Well, it needed a title change, anyway. Which has been done. It's bad enough some people have a problem making a post with language in it, but it especially shouldn't be in thread titles. Supposed to be a family friendly site, folks, not the Raider's locker room.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-11-15 10:59 PM
    Well since the title change and my post, looks like the dust has settled.

It was getting pretty heated at times

Posted via my ZED10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-12-15 01:39 PM
134 ... 456