There is no perfect solution, but I rather doubt that you would use your phone to kill someone. Also, I'm sure the camera sound wouldn't scare the bird, ss you are likely to scare it first.

Useless argument.

Posted via CB10
    illlya likes this.
    02-07-15 04:12 PM
    You would call the police, not BlackBerry...

You hit the nail on the head. If someone is taking photos of me, my son, or my wife without permission I would be calling the police. Lots of creeps out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:13 PM
    I understand the distasteful or illegal usage of cameras in some locales, but I don't believe BlackBerry should act as police. What if I want to shoot a perched hummingbird undisturbed? What if I use the phone to clobber & kill someone? Shouldn't BlackBerry let me photograph the bird & should BlackBerry be held responsible for my murderous use of the phone?
    I know in the USA one gives up their right to privacy when it comes to having their pic taken in a public place. It's not illegal and I'm not sure the reason for having to silence the entire phone is due to privacy laws. Maybe it's because other countries have different laws but since the shutter can be silenced with an extra step, it seems more like an oversight than it does a legal issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:14 PM
    Not exactly... if the photo is of a public figure or is newsworthy, the subject has a reasonable expectation of exposure; if it is a private individual or a minor child, things change. If it is a situation where there is an implied privacy, that changes too. You can take a photo of Katy Perry walking along the beach, but not in a toilet stall.

I know in the USA one gives up their right to privacy when it comes to having their pic taken in a public place. It's not illegal and I'm not sure the reason for having to silence the entire phone is due to privacy laws. Maybe it's because other countries have different laws but since the shutter can be silenced with an extra step, it seems more like an oversight than it does a legal issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:21 PM
    Or hold the q key down to toggle from silent to normal. Even easier. Ya I'm on 10.3.1. Too bad

Posted via CB10
    I've been using this method and it is the easiest way I think.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.2072
    02-07-15 04:22 PM
    Get over yourself. And quickly. It's not illegal to snap pics of people in public places. Especially half naked people.

Posted via CB10
    You're right it isn't illegal. Then you shouldn't have a problem with others knowing you are taking a picture that isn't illegal.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster, habs_fan and EsJayDee like this.
    02-07-15 04:22 PM
    You would call the police, not BlackBerry...
    Why would I call blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:24 PM
    Well, I'm certain that in some countries (most countries) it is against the law to turn off the sound of the camera.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:28 PM
    Not exactly... if the photo is of a public figure or is newsworthy, the subject has a reasonable expectation of exposure; if it is a private individual or a minor child, things change. If it is a situation where there is an implied privacy, that changes too. You can take a photo of Katy Perry walking along the beach, but not in a toilet stall.
    Yes there are some restrictions & common sense rules that apply but generally speaking it's ok to take pics of people in public places.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:34 PM
    Yes there are some restrictions & common sense rules that apply but generally speaking it's ok to take pics of people in public places.

Posted via CB10
    If taking a pic is ok, then shutter sound should be ok then as well. Nuff said

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-07-15 04:39 PM
    Hummingbirds are quite intelligent... they will land on my wife's hand & drink water from it... they have very acute hearing... they fight in mid air & at the feeders like Canadians !! mdr...
    02-07-15 04:42 PM
    Yes, but if you do that of the same individual, you might be called a stalker...
    02-07-15 04:45 PM
    How hard is it to offer the ability to silence the shutter without having to silence the damn entire phone or download/pay for an app to do it for you? Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    Are you for real? Have you never silenced your whole phone before? SMH.
    02-07-15 04:53 PM
    I completely agree with the OP - BlackBerry should just implement an option to silence the shutter. I want to be able to get a photo or video of my sleeping child without waking his up. And don't give me this sh*t about turning the profile to silent, that just shouldn't be necessary.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-07-15 05:01 PM
    I completely agree with the OP - BlackBerry should just implement an option to silence the shutter. I want to be able to get a photo or video of my sleeping child without waking his up. And don't give me this sh*t about turning the profile to silent, that just shouldn't be necessary.

Posted via CB10
    Silence your phone dude. Then your kid won't be disturbed.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 05:11 PM
    Amazing, isn't it? My teenage son went with me to the grocery store last week when he spotted a large, hairy man sporting a full a$$crack.. and he wanted to snap a pic for posterity. Thankfully I was in the next isle over when he clicked the button because just about everyone in the store heard it, including the intended target. I wish I could say his effort was worth it but the pic was too blurry to be of any use.

Posted via CB10
    I find it more disturbing that you and your son wanted a picture of the poor guy.
    ultra07, habs_fan and MarsupilamiX like this.
    02-07-15 05:13 PM
    Camera ++ has a silent mode setting. Jim

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 05:17 PM
    Amazing, isn't it? My teenage son went with me to the grocery store last week when he spotted a large, hairy man sporting a full a$$crack.. and he wanted to snap a pic for posterity. Thankfully I was in the next isle over when he clicked the button because just about everyone in the store heard it, including the intended target. I wish I could say his effort was worth it but the pic was too blurry to be of any use.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ..... I would have been doubled over laughing - in the next aisle.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 05:20 PM
    Ah I do think Vintage 123 did say his kid took the picture... not him. I was under the impression you could not take a picture in a bar but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-07-15 05:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    So... is the locker of the public pool a public place where you can take pictures? Or taking pictures from underneath skirts in public?
    02-07-15 05:46 PM
    Lol ..... I would have been doubled over laughing - in the next aisle.

Posted via CB10
    Glad someone here has a sense of humor. It's just really sad that anytime anyone posts a criticism about BlackBerry, folks come out of the woodwork to minimize or criticize their issue or attack them personally. Yes, between having to remember to silence your entire phone before snapping a pic of a sleeping baby (or some disgusting half naked person in the grocery isle), plus having to wait for the camera to focus due to its known delayed AF issue, the camera's functionality leave a bit to be desired. It's not a deal breaker for me personally, but it doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement or that complaints about it aren't valid.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and Doggerz like this.
    02-07-15 05:53 PM
    Swipe down from the top and touch the notifications bell. Very easy and logical to me. Camera sound is after all a notification.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    02-07-15 05:53 PM
    So... is the locker of the public pool a public place where you can take pictures? Or taking pictures from underneath skirts in public?
    It should be illegal. But unfortunately it apparently isn't in the USA. Read this recent news of a man acquitted of taking pictures of a teen under her skirt.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...50207?irpc=932

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 06:20 PM
    HP allowed webOS to disable the camera sounds & look what happened after that !!
    Funny. But as a former Palm fan, heartbreaking.

Posted from my S5 Piece of sh...Passport on Valentine's Day!!!!
    02-07-15 06:24 PM
    If I remember right, this has been brought up before. Someone posted it was illegal in Canada to turn off the shutter sound. BlackBerry being a Canadian company would of course comply with this law. They gave those of us not living in Canada the option to shut it off.
    02-07-15 07:43 PM
134 1234 ...