How is it possible in 2015 to not have an option to turn off the sound of the camera???
    You have to mute the phone completely for this. Incredible.
    02-07-15 01:00 PM
    yeah I feel the same way about lack of wifi printing

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:03 PM
    Amazing, isn't it? My teenage son went with me to the grocery store last week when he spotted a large, hairy man sporting a full a$$crack.. and he wanted to snap a pic for posterity. Thankfully I was in the next isle over when he clicked the button because just about everyone in the store heard it, including the intended target. I wish I could say his effort was worth it but the pic was too blurry to be of any use.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-07-15 01:12 PM
    Kinda lame but you have to be in Silent notification mode

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:24 PM
    Silent profile shouldn't play the shutter sound. This was added in 10.2 I think

Vibrate, no sound either

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:24 PM
    Silent profile shouldn't play the shutter sound. This was added in 10.2 I think

Vibrate, no sound either

Posted via CB10
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    02-07-15 01:27 PM
    I think the OP is aware that silent profile will mute the shutter sound. The gripe is having to silence all notifications in order to accomplish this.

Posted via CB10
    user5240 likes this.
    02-07-15 02:20 PM
    Hey if you have the balls to post an embarrassing photo of someone then one should also have the balls to take the photo and deal with the consequences.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 02:25 PM
    I think the OP is aware that silent profile will mute the shutter sound. The gripe is having to silence all notifications in order to accomplish this.

Posted via CB10
    How hard is it to swipe down and toggle to silent?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 02:25 PM
    Or hold the q key down to toggle from silent to normal. Even easier. Ya I'm on 10.3.1. Too bad

Posted via CB10
    Mugenski and bluetroll like this.
    02-07-15 02:27 PM
    In BlackBerry world there are 2 free apps called "silent camera" & 2 others paid called "quiet camers" so...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 02:33 PM
    Hey if you have the balls to post an embarrassing photo of someone then one should also have the balls to take the photo and deal with the consequences.

Posted via CB10
    Teens will be teens. If you're going to show the world your crack and all its hairy glory, don't be surprised if you wind up having your very own meme.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-07-15 02:35 PM
    How hard is it to swipe down and toggle to silent?

Posted via CB10
    How hard is it to offer the ability to silence the shutter without having to silence the damn entire phone or download/pay for an app to do it for you? Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    KellyM4 likes this.
    02-07-15 02:37 PM
    How hard is it to offer the ability to silence the shutter without having to silence the damn entire phone or download/pay for an app to do it for you? Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    Removed
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 02-07-15 at 03:34 PM.
    02-07-15 03:12 PM
    HP allowed webOS to disable the camera sounds & look what happened after that !!
    02-07-15 03:22 PM
    It's pretty easy, but BlackBerry or any other manufacturers, including Apple or whatever, won't support it because of a legal issue. There are some countries that don't care about the camera sound, though. If you want such, get it via a 3rd-party app.
    andy957 and nglfmark like this.
    02-07-15 03:22 PM
    Blackberry for legal reasons won't allow you to just simply silent the camera, there are privacy laws, and BB met halfway for the moaners and groaners like yourself to turn the phone completely to silent to take a quiet pic.
    02-07-15 03:32 PM
    This is the reason why. It's to stop people like you from violating other people privacies. What gives you and your son the right to take a picture of someone without their consent.

Amazing, isn't it? My teenage son went with me to the grocery store last week when he spotted a large, hairy man sporting a full a$$crack.. and he wanted to snap a pic for posterity. Thankfully I was in the next isle over when he clicked the button because just about everyone in the store heard it, including the intended target. I wish I could say his effort was worth it but the pic was too blurry to be of any use.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 03:35 PM
    This is the reason why. It's to stop people like you from violating other people privacies. What gives you and your son the right to take a picture of someone without their consent.
    Get over yourself. And quickly. It's not illegal to snap pics of people in public places. Especially half naked people.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and Doggerz like this.
    02-07-15 03:38 PM
    You and your perverted son should get a life.

Get over yourself. And quickly. It's not illegal to snap pics of people in public places. Especially half naked people.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 03:41 PM
    Blackberry for legal reasons won't allow you to just simply silent the camera, there are privacy laws, and BB met halfway for the moaners and groaners like yourself to turn the phone completely to silent to take a quiet pic.
    So due to privacy laws, BlackBerry requires their customers to silence the phone completely in order to take a pic vs just silencing the shutter? Makes perfect sense.

Posted via CB10
    KellyM4 likes this.
    02-07-15 03:41 PM
    Sorry, but you shouldn't be taking photos of people without their permission. How would you like someone taking your photograph without your permission.

Grow up! You are scary dude.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-07-15 03:48 PM
    Agree, and how would he feel if some gown man was taking a picture of his son without his consent. What comes around goes around.

Sorry, but you shouldn't be taking photos of people without their permission. How would you like someone taking your photograph without your permission.

Grow up! You are scary dude.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 03:57 PM
    Agree, and how would he feel if some gown man was taking a picture of his son without his consent. What comes around goes around.
    You hit the nail on the head. If someone is taking photos of me, my son, or my wife without permission I would be calling the police. Lots of creeps out there.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    02-07-15 04:01 PM
    I understand the distasteful or illegal usage of cameras in some locales, but I don't believe BlackBerry should act as police. What if I want to shoot a perched hummingbird undisturbed? What if I use the phone to clobber & kill someone? Shouldn't BlackBerry let me photograph the bird & should BlackBerry be held responsible for my murderous use of the phone?
    02-07-15 04:06 PM
134 123 ...