I would like to turn sounds of for notification in BlackBerry hub. For example, I receive a notification when battery saving is activated which is showing in hub, but I don't like the sound.

How to turn the sound off for those kind of notification?

Thanks.

Passport
    05-10-15 10:17 AM
    It's going to depend on the specific notification. Setting , notifications and you could completely silent the device or normal profile and select (long press on each option ) like email, sms, etc
    05-13-15 07:31 AM
    But there is no just one shot deal exclusively for the hub...silent turns off all sound notifications
    05-13-15 07:32 AM
    If you don't want to turn off the sound for everything then you need to do it for the specific applications that you don't want to hear the notifications. Go to Notifications in the Settings. Then select the profile that you are using like Normal. Inside the profile you will see Customize App Notifications. Just go in there and for any of the programs that you don't want to here the notifications set the sound to off for each one

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:59 AM
    Thanks for replies!

Maybe I was not clear enough. I want to turn off notification sounds for updates or when battery saving is activated.

Passport
    05-15-15 08:38 AM
    Thanks for replies!

Maybe I was not clear enough. I want to turn off notification sounds for updates or when battery saving is activated.

Passport
    Two things you can do. First for battery saving mode. Go into Settings, Battery Saving Mode and turn it off. Second, for BlackBerry World go into settings, notifications, then press on normal profile. On the next screen go to customise app notifications and scroll down to BlackBerry World. You can then turn off sounds. That should work for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:51 AM
    On my Q10 there is no specific app listed under the profile settings for the Battery Save Mode. I don't want to shut it off, just silence the stupid sound it makes when it goes into save mode. I mean who needs to know your phone has gone into a power save mode? I have been trying to understand how to shut this off for a few weeks now but like everyone I am busy so come back to this when it really pisses me off. I have read in the handset help about Level 1 alerts. Nice to know but this is arcane enough that there is no even remotely obvious guide as to how to use it. Anyone? Nice simple plain language - how do I shut off the battery save mode sound but leave it running doing its battery saving thing? Many thanks and kudos if you can help on this.
    05-20-15 12:42 AM
    Try this...

(1) Go to 'System Setting

(2) Go to 'Notifications'

(3) Select 'Normal' and go to its setting

(4) Go to 'Customise App Notification'

(5) Then select an individual app e.g. 'Text Message' and turn off the sound

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 05-20-15 at 05:08 AM.
    05-20-15 04:10 AM
    You cannot do what you're proposing other than put the phone on silent.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-20-15 04:54 AM
    You don't have this option?

How to turn notification sound off in 10.3?-img_20150520_130915.png

How to turn notification sound off in 10.3?-img_20150520_130929.png

How to turn notification sound off in 10.3?-img_20150520_130940.png

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:11 AM
    Op specifically wishes to silence the particular sound that the phone makes when entering battery saving mode automatically. There is no way to isolate and silence only that individual sound and no others.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    MJ33 and BionicKris like this.
    05-20-15 08:52 AM
    This is supposedly how it is supposed to work but the Battery Save Mode is not listed as an app. It appears that if one turns this ON, one is stuck with hearing the sound as the phone goes into its mode, whether on silent, vibrate only, etc.

You know over the years Blackberry has done some stupid things but this is up there with the as idiotic as it gets. The engineer who built this and the people who allowed this app as part of the last OS10 update need to have their ancestry seriously questioned.

MJ
    BionicKris likes this.
    05-20-15 09:53 AM
    I do but as noted, Battery Save Mode is not listed for any kind of customization. I had read that someone had called it a Level 1 alert and you had to make a Rule to shut this off. Of course that poster offered no example, specific or otherwise, just posted RTFM people. Big big oversight this. Needs to be fixed.
    05-20-15 09:57 AM
    This is supposedly how it is supposed to work but the Battery Save Mode is not listed as an app. It appears that if one turns this ON, one is stuck with hearing the sound as the phone goes into its mode, whether on silent, vibrate only, etc.

You know over the years Blackberry has done some stupid things but this is up there with the as idiotic as it gets. The engineer who built this and the people who allowed this app as part of the last OS10 update need to have their ancestry seriously questioned.

MJ
    Here's a brilliant idea: turn off auto power saving mode and only turn it on when you want to. It will notify you if it's set to automatically turn on, obviously, because it will affect the behavior of the phone so you should know that it has set it to power saver automatically.
    While I agree there should be the option to mute this notification I'm guessing you just aren't getting that many messages and find that getting that one message is too much for you. Personally when I'm getting the 500+ notifications a day it's useful for me to see that power saving turned on, so I know that my battery is dipping quite low, and one more blip isn't going to bother me much.
    05-20-15 10:00 AM
    you guessed wrong. I get my usual 60-70 emails (LED only), 30 BBM's and 30 txts, both of which make no sound when in silent mode. But yeah, the fact the power save mode notification is persistent is a major bother. Anyway, from what I now understand this cannot be shut off.
    05-20-15 10:29 AM
    I was wondering the same thing but only for the notification of when leaving a wifi network.
    05-20-15 02:27 PM
    you guessed wrong. I get my usual 60-70 emails (LED only), 30 BBM's and 30 txts, both of which make no sound when in silent mode. But yeah, the fact the power save mode notification is persistent is a major bother. Anyway, from what I now understand this cannot be shut off.
    Wait you're saying power saver still makes a noise when you set your phone on silent? That doesn't make sense...
    05-20-15 03:48 PM
    I just ended up having to turn Battery Save Mode off completely. I didn't really need it anyway. The notification became extremely annoying.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    05-31-15 03:11 AM
    So your best bet would be to set your phone to silent but customize the apps you want to make noise however and let them and only them override the silent feature. Works good on mine.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:26 PM
    I do but as noted, Battery Save Mode is not listed for any kind of customization. I had read that someone had called it a Level 1 alert and you had to make a Rule to shut this off. Of course that poster offered no example, specific or otherwise, just posted RTFM people. Big big oversight this. Needs to be fixed.
    I went in and made a Level 1 alert rule to shut the BEN off and not 2 minutes later it came up once again with the standard tone. Arrrgggh!

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    06-24-15 03:01 AM
    Thank you, that worked for me. I was getting notifications about app upgrades in the middle of the night, which was really annoying.

This post is in reference to poster Alan510, posted on May 5, 2015. His advice helped me fix my notification problem.
    Last edited by mnecpal; 11-02-15 at 11:37 AM. Reason: incomplete
    11-02-15 10:46 AM