09-07-15 12:24 PM
34 12
tools
    How to sync device contacts to gmail?-crackberry-image.jpg

Look at this screenshot, once you hit done give it time for the contacts to sync. If not all the contacts sync go to the contract app and hit refresh within the context app by pulling down on the app

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:00 PM
    @cellphone :I have done that too. It shows ur contacts has been synched. But when I check my gmail, none of my device contacts are there. kindly see the screenshots...
    Attachment 369394

See,even in contacts>gmail...nothing
    Attachment 369395

Posted via CB10
    Device contacts will not sync. Contacts only sync with their associated accounts. It is not a mechanism for migrating contacts from one service (local or otherwise) to another.

You will need to migrate those contacts. You can try the "copy to" feature for each local contact. If that doesn't work, you'll need to export the contacts from your phone and import them into Google contacts.
    09-02-15 12:03 PM
    @jerry: syncing means back and forth rite. ? In android I hv done same process and syncd all device contacts. Like u said, I individually copied even though the local and gmail options was checked off. Nothing came to gmail. Tried adding new contacts....then aslo nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 09:19 PM
    @jerry: syncing means back and forth rite. ? In android I hv done same process and syncd all device contacts. Like u said, I individually copied even though the local and gmail options was checked off. Nothing came to gmail. Tried adding new contacts....then aslo nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Syncing does mean back and forth. But only within the same service. Gmail and Local are not the same service. Here's a few quick tests you can try. 1) Create a new contact on Google (web, not phone) and wait a few minutes (15-60). The contact should now be on your phone. 2) Create a new Google contact on your phone (only check the Google box) and wait a few minutes (15-60). The contact should now be on the Google Contacts web page.

If either one of these scenarios don't work then something is going on. If they do work, then everything is working the way it's supposed to.
    09-02-15 10:23 PM
    @jerry: I found out something strange. When I tried to sync like u said, it synched some contacts,not every contacts that I copied. Initially whatever contact I tried to ' copy to ' gmail, appeared in contacts>Gmail. But suddenly it disappears. Anything that has disappeared from contacts>Gmail never synched with gmail web account. I tried to figure out the problem by spending few hours with this. when I checked my "Accounts" suddenly this disappearance happened, the gmail showed "Not connected" even though I was connected to a WiFi. But again after few seconds, it was getting connected. Whatever I "copy to" gmail at this moment, goes to both contacts>Gmail in device as well as gmail web account. But after few minutes it's again shows "Not connected".

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:59 PM
    P.S: I think my Gmail>contacts and calendar is randomly getting disconnected. Pls help me fix this. Deleting and reattaching has been done several times. Initially everything works, but later gets disconnected .

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 10:16 AM
    No help?..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 10:23 AM
    Sorry, I have no idea why your Google accounts would get disconnected.
    09-06-15 10:50 PM
    I found something you can try :

Open your contacts app
    Select the local contacts
    Select one of them
    Open it
    In the context menu : copy to... gmail

Worked on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

Also works if you select more than one.

Attachment 370236
    09-07-15 12:24 PM
34 12