Hi guys. I saw someone posted that he has BB10 as "android" device in his company's BYOD fleet.

Basically i got same issue:
    My company supports iOS or Android as BYOD.
    BB10 is not supported.

If anyone has this (similar) situation - how did you set up your device?
    Since Android is is acceptable - imho it should be possible to say - here's my BYOD device - gimme vpn/other details and I will roll in.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Cytrix receiver (android app) works.
    12-05-14 05:45 AM
    it depends on what all you need. Email should work just find via the EAS server. VPN details should work the same. They just have to provide you the login/address info.
    12-25-14 07:57 AM
    What do they do for BYOD? In terms of device management?

That may restrict devices to Android and iOS, if their MDM doesn't support BB10 (which none do but BlackBerry right now).

If they don't lock down Exchange ActiveSync, you could be fine... just add your work email account and find out.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:23 AM
    I use my Passport, with Exchange Active Sync.
    We officially stopped supporting BlackBerry but bb10 is just fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:52 AM
    I purchased a Passport as a BYOD. The company doesn't support android only iPhone and windows phone and some BB 7 devices.

We got it connected fine, active sync for email, calendars, etc. They use Airwatch for MDM so I had to download the App from Blackberry World and set it up.

The only issue I have is I can't use the picture password with Airwatch.

I was at a big meeting in HQ last week, a lot of interest shown in my phone, I won't be surprised if some iPhones get dropped (broken) in order to get a replacement Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:01 AM
    I purchased a Passport as a BYOD. The company doesn't support android only iPhone and windows phone and some BB 7 devices.

We got it connected fine, active sync for email, calendars, etc. They use Airwatch for MDM so I had to download the App from Blackberry World and set it up.

The only issue I have is I can't use the picture password with Airwatch.

I was at a big meeting in HQ last week, a lot of interest shown in my phone, I won't be surprised if some iPhones get dropped (broken) in order to get a replacement Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, which app you use for air watch?

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-25-14 11:29 AM
    Oh, by the way, I have enrolled my passport to Citrix managed BYOD environment as android device:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=982633

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-25-14 11:33 AM
    The company that I worked with are using exchange server, I have no problem with the email, working just fine. The only issue is I can't communicate well using lync which not coming natively in BlackBerry, and using android's version is really not a good experience.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:42 PM
    Hi, which app you use for air watch?

You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27846850

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 05:23 PM
    I read somewhere in the forums here that someone got the Good for Enterprise android app loaded. I suspect through SNAP as amazon app store does not have it after a quick search.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    12-25-14 05:50 PM
    Hi guys... most BYOD platforms are designed to provision only basic security profiles and mail server address, port and maybe credentials. It should also allow for remote management of the device (device administrator).

Except BES10 and12, I am not aware of any other MDM which will natively support BB10. So most 'workaround' steps you are describing are not really profiles, but the patches.. if it works for you, great, but not really full management of the device.

We have over 400 devices on MobileIron MDM, equally split on IOS and android. Handful of BlackBerry 10 are manual configured for email (Notes Traveler/Exchange). So, if you ask your tech guys, politely, they should be able to give you details of the server, and 5 minutes later you should get your email on your Z's or Q's or passports, with no issues... no need for any application or tweaks. If you need VPN or WiFi profiles, well... long story, for some other time...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:21 AM