With Blackberry passport you can select a file and select an app as default for the file type but as kiwi browser has been installed from Google play it's not visible for selection.

I even tried downloading Opera mini and selected to set default browser; chose kiwi browser, select accept but thereafter it's still sees the blackberry browser as the default.

So if a better solution can be suggested, would really appreciate it.
    04-25-21 10:34 PM
    With Blackberry passport you can select a file and select an app as default for the file type but as kiwi browser has been installed from Google play it's not visible for selection.

I even tried downloading Opera mini and selected to set default browser; chose kiwi browser, select accept but thereafter it's still sees the blackberry browser as the default.

Can't really do that on BB10.
    04-25-21 10:35 PM
    I've loved the classic and the passport for many years now. It looks like I'll have to let them go. As although apps do install, often they will not run. I'm just guessing it's because of the now old web browser in use :-( Thank you for your continued support and advice Conite. Keep well.
    04-25-21 10:43 PM
    I've loved the classic and the passport for many years now. It looks like I'll have to let them go. As although apps do install, often they will not run. I'm just guessing it's because of the now old web browser in use :-( Thank you for your continued support and advice Conite. Keep well.
    Also, the version of Android that BB10 attempts to mimic is Android 4.3 from 2013.
    04-25-21 11:09 PM

At least you can set it as default per app. E.g. if you want to open links from Bird10 in Kiwi, longhold on link, choose "open as" check "open as default" and choose Kiwi browser.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-26-21 03:09 AM
    Nice one mikael11 - I found a similar solution. Instead I sent myself a message with URL link in the message ie https://www.Amazon.co.uk?tag=hawk-fu...UvbUpU13581947. Then on receipt of the message I highlighted https:// which from the menu gave me the option 'Open in' which after selecting the next dialogue, not only was Kiwi Browser now listed but also 'Set default app' was available to select. It works! Now most browser addresses open in kiwi browser by default. Which I chose as my default browser as you can now get regular updates of this browser for BB10.
    Attached Thumbnails How to set kiwi browser as default browser?-img_20210503_011129.jpg   How to set kiwi browser as default browser?-img_20210503_011140.jpg  
    mikael11 and hcaliste like this.
    05-02-21 08:27 PM
    Yes Conite, really old Android. You never guessed what I have since done? Waiting for BB 5G has been killing. Its been spoken about for far too long promising it to be here in 2021. Its now the month of May and I had enough. So bought the UniHertz Titan. I call it my brick but having Android 9 and soon to be upgraded to 10. I feel as if I've just woken up to new discoveries with its features and access to more up-to-date apps. The camera is still somewhat of an issue for nighttime recording and images. But then the Blackberry was never a leader in true photo imaging. I'm still discovering its features and experimenting with having the Blackberry Hub android installed. But so far everything else seems quite good.
    05-07-21 07:11 AM