I've zillions of overdue tasks which I suppose will clutter up memory on the phone, just wondered how to remove them as I seem to be able to select them on the task app but not delete them. Also, what's the correct way of dealing with tasks and calendar reminder (frankly can't understand the difference between the two) as once you 'dismiss' them they stay there forever, so not sure I'm doing it right.
    09-03-15 09:51 PM
    The most reliable way I've found is to delete the tasks within Outlook (or Reminders on OS X).
    I do this on a semi-regular basis to clear the Remember task list.
    09-03-15 10:22 PM
    Not trying to be snarky, but I'm trying to understand the usefulness of a task list that you never refer back to to check off or delete completed items...

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    09-04-15 12:21 AM
    The most reliable way I've found is to delete the tasks within Outlook (or Reminders on OS X).
    I use gmail, but it would be much more convenient to delete them on the phone, can't really understand how come it won't let me delete them once selected, it would be easy and painless from there. What's Reminders?

Not trying to be snarky, but I'm trying to understand the usefulness of a task list that you never refer back to to check off or delete completed items...
    I don't understand what you mean, tasks and reminders are for the future (unless is recurring tasks in which case I'd set recurrences and won't delete those), why would I want to refer back to them once I have seen them? This is what I asked, maybe I didn't understand what you meant
    Also, what's the correct way of dealing with tasks and calendar reminder (frankly can't understand the difference between the two) as once you 'dismiss' them they stay there forever, so not sure I'm doing it right.
    09-04-15 01:20 AM
    The only way I've found is to do a long press on the task itself then open the menu, use 'select more' to highlight the tasks I want to delete (completed or not) then delete. Also, I've started using the app called Smart List 10. Works really well for me.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    crowning73 likes this.
    09-04-15 10:17 AM
    The only way I've found is to do a long press on the task itself then open the menu, use 'select more' to highlight the tasks I want to delete (completed or not) then delete. Also, I've started using the app called Smart List 10. Works really well for me.
    That works great! I tried checking them but hadn't thought 'long press'.
    brianwiebe likes this.
    09-04-15 10:21 AM