I bought a used BB Passport with one problem: It didn't accept my iCloud account for emails, cal or contacts. So I decided to reset it to factory settings. Connected it with my mac and proceeded via BB Link but Link always ends up saying it cannot finish the process. And after that first try the BB's screen are black and when I press the on/off button the red LED flashes, but that's it.
    Any ideas?

05-07-16 03:39 AM
    Mac more than likely will not work I tried for about 3dys and no joy,BlackBerry support sent me this link http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...inkId=23422953 as you know you can't take the battery out so do a reset by holding down the power off button and hold for 10-15 seconds till the Blackberry comes up on the screen then let go, Link in windows should pick up then ask to reload software just follow the instructions.

You can also press Vol up and down at the same time for a soft reset.

Posted via my magical Passport, keeping the dream alive Scotland Aye!
    05-07-16 07:27 AM
    Nope, nothing works. Held volume buttons as well as power button down for 30 secs, but Passport won't boot. Link tries to re-install the OS but the communications stops. Tried as well with Windows version of Link but it wouldn't even find the Passport even though the USB ports recognized it and installed the drivers...
    05-07-16 03:04 PM
    I'm a Mac user and I have setup and Icloud email and works fine, for calendar Sync I use Gmail.

For email settings copy the same info (email servers) from your Mac.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 03:24 PM
    Your OS is broken, best recommendation is to install the OS from a windows PC. If it doesn't work via Link, then download an OS installer from the web, like the leaked ones. They work like charm and they install so easily, you don't have to do much. After it has an OS installed, you can just use Link to install an official OS

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 08:31 PM