Ok now I have been moved on to an Android for the past month, without having to rely on my PPSE, it's probably time to shove it in storage. The question is how?
    My PPSE has the issue where there is severe battery drain when it is powered off, so to date I have been leaving it in bedside battery saving mode and plugging it in every few days.

What I don't want is to turn the thing off and then have it completely drained and then it becomes impossible to revive. Or worse, have the battery bulge out and explode or flame out. See the recent Samsung battery issues...
    (Believe it or not, I still like to have my PPSE available as there might be some info, videos, pics, etc which I might need and have forgotten to move over).

As an aside, here's what I have "discovered" moving over to 'droid full time
    • Blackberry hardware (and OS) is really, really reliable. I've got various phones from different major manufacturers (plus the Nokia made Windows Lumia phones) and Blackberry's (Q10, both Passports, Z10, Z30, Bold & Curve) never give me any weird issues unlike the other guys. That's why my PPSE has been up without reboots for so long. The reception is also consistently better.
    • The BB10 "flow" is really much more fluid and waaaay better.
    • If the browser (really web sites, it's not the browser's fault) worked better on Passport, I'd probably be still on my PPSE. I've put all the apps I need on the home page on my 'droid and there is nothing that doesn't have the same (or better!) functionality on my PPSE.
    • A faster processor is a faster processor and a better camera is a better camera ... but would I trade them at the expense of better overall hardware & OS reliability/functionality? Hmmm...
    11-06-22 12:39 PM
    Ok now I have been moved on to an Android for the past month, without having to rely on my PPSE, it's probably time to shove it in storage. The question is how?
    My PPSE has the issue where there is severe battery drain when it is powered off, so to date I have been leaving it in bedside battery saving mode and plugging it in every few days.

What I don't want is to turn the thing off and then have it completely drained and then it becomes impossible to revive. Or worse, have the battery bulge out and explode or flame out. See the recent Samsung battery issues...
    (Believe it or not, I still like to have my PPSE available as there might be some info, videos, pics, etc which I might need and have forgotten to move over).

• Blackberry hardware (and OS) is really, really reliable. I've got various phones from different major manufacturers (plus the Nokia made Windows Lumia phones) and Blackberry's (Q10, both Passports, Z10, Z30, Bold & Curve) never give me any weird issues unlike the other guys. That's why my PPSE has been up without reboots for so long. The reception is also consistently better.
    • If the browser (really web sites, it's not the browser's fault) worked better on Passport, I'd probably be still on my PPSE. I've put all the apps I need on the home page on my 'droid and there is nothing that doesn't have the same (or better!) functionality on my PPSE.
    • A faster processor is a faster processor and a better camera is a better camera ... but would I trade them at the expense of better overall hardware & OS reliability/functionality? Hmmm...
    They all do, I use mine sometimes when I just want a phone and not be bothered by the world.
    11-06-22 12:49 PM

If you have severe battery drain when the phone is turned off I wouldn't want that phone in my house!

"The CB 1M Challenge, where the pantless people go"
    11-06-22 02:48 PM

Charge that battery up to about 70-80% then place the device in a cool storage spot (not froze). Maybe store it in a metal container if you are afraid of the battery. Every 3-4 months fire it up and check the battery % - rinse and repeat to that 80% number until it no longer will.
    11-06-22 03:06 PM
    Charge that battery up to about 70-80% then place the device in a cool storage spot (not froze). Maybe store it in a metal container if you are afraid of the battery. Every 3-4 months fire it up and check the battery % - rinse and repeat to that 80% number until it no longer will.
    In one week the battery will be zero
    11-06-22 04:08 PM
    In one week the battery will be zero
    If that's the case, your battery is toast. With a decent battery you should be able to store it for months.
    11-06-22 05:29 PM
    If that's the case, your battery is toast. With a decent battery you should be able to store it for months.
    I think it's a common problem with the Passport SE it's not about the battery. Many SE:s seem to drain energy, no matter how good the battery is.

Skickat från min Titan Slim via Tapatalk
    11-07-22 12:52 AM
    No new battery, and years ago a call over to blackberry, the silver passport never completely shuts down. The phone always has a load even when off
    11-07-22 07:19 AM
    Take the time to pull all your data from the phone.... and don't look back.

If you want to save it, put it in a metal box. If worried about the battery - remove it from the phone and store in a metal box. If you "really" think you'll want to pull it out every now and then, replace the battery with a new one and set up some system or reminder to charge it when it gets to about 20% and charge it to 80%. Might be every few days or every few weeks.
    11-07-22 07:38 AM
    No new battery, and years ago a call over to blackberry, the silver passport never completely shuts down. The phone always has a load even when off
    Really? I've stored my "Original black" for weeks at a time with very minimal loss. I usually make sure all wifi, data, bluetooth etc are turned off, then power down. Three weeks later - I've lost only about 2%. Maybe I'll do another test. Haven't done that since the shutdown of services.
    11-07-22 07:50 AM
    Has the OP checked Device Monitor to see what apps might be using excessive power, I wonder?
    11-07-22 08:04 AM
    Really? I've stored my "Original black" for weeks at a time with very minimal loss. I usually make sure all wifi, data, bluetooth etc are turned off, then power down. Three weeks later - I've lost only about 2%. Maybe I'll do another test. Haven't done that since the shutdown of services.
    This issue only seemed to affect the SE the OG was ok but I do remember there was a lot of discussion about this back in the day.
    brookie229 and mikael11 like this.
    11-07-22 08:21 AM
    This issue only seemed to affect the SE the OG was ok but I do remember there was a lot of discussion about this back in the day.
    Exactly, my OG also holds battery load super tight.

11-07-22 08:31 AM
    OK - for the SE long term storage: Take the back off, disconnect the battery - Done!
    mikael11 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-07-22 08:33 AM
    Exactly, my OG also holds battery load super tight.

My OG holds a charge quite a long time but nowhere near as long as my Classic.
    mikael11 likes this.
    11-07-22 08:38 AM
    OK - for the SE long term storage: Take the back off, disconnect the battery - Done!
    Not everyone is happy to open up their phone in this way but certainly it would seem to be the only way around the problem. BlackBerry sure ain’t gonna fix it now.
    11-07-22 08:40 AM
    Not everyone is happy to open up their phone in this way but certainly it would seem to be the only way around the problem. BlackBerry sure ain’t gonna fix it now.
    Battery removal is easy but you must be careful as the back is very delicate and will crack if you do not take you time
    mikael11 likes this.
    11-07-22 12:57 PM