Download advanced task killer from amazon app store
    02-26-15 12:53 PM
    Would you mind pointing us to? I had it installed, but after downgrade to 10.2.2 it is mysteriously gone from both, my list of avaliable apps, as well as from BBW. Like it is withdrawn from it. Thanks in advance.
    Never mind about the one I mentioned. Go to amazon app store and type advanced task killer free

Posted via CB10
    Magnetox likes this.
    02-26-15 01:07 PM
    Can you please clarify which advanced task killer free app you are referring to?

There seems to be more than one.

Is it the one with the android man or the one with the blue checklist?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:50 PM
    Can you please clarify which advanced task killer free app you are referring to?

There seems to be more than one.

Is it the one with the android man or the one with the blue checklist?

Posted via CB10
    This one but the Google play version is newer.

How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150226_190017.png

How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150226_190112.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:02 PM
    Amazon one seems to have less ads

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:04 PM
    Killer app

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:07 PM
    This one but the Google play version is newer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150226_190017.png 
Views:	384 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	337222

Posted via CB10
    This doesn't work, apps still open up after this closes them.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes I noticed that too

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:18 PM
    Since the 10.3.1 update, I don't need to use ghost commander to shut down process anymore. The device manager actually closes the android apps properly now. They do pop back up at times, but can use device manager to close it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I used to use task manager app on BBW. But it doesn't work anymore. This worked for me however. Not sure why it's not for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:28 PM
    I used to use task manager app on BBW. But it doesn't work anymore.
    It seems to be gone from BBWorld because I can't even find it.

Closing Android apps in Device Manager seems to be working for me now.
    02-28-15 10:03 AM
    Go to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Download the Android Settings apk, once installed open Android Settings and scroll to Apps, swipe right to left until you get to the "Running Tab"

Click on any of the running apps and stop all of its instances, that will stop them from running again until you re boot or open any of those apps.

How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150228_093628.png

How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150228_093636.png
    02-28-15 11:38 AM
    whos the devel of 'settings'...rather download it from snap...dont want all those google services.

why are there so many android apps with the same names....and so many apps in general. 90% of them must be utter crap or even malicious.

Posted via CB750
    02-28-15 11:54 AM
    Wow what a heated and frustrating threat. Two things I would like to add.

1. This problem has been around since the old days when we could first side load android apps on our BlackBerrys.

2. There has been ZERO change on a complete and permanent solution since the beginning.

For those of you that are saying that Device Monitor works try this. Open and Android app. Close it with device manage, Gone right? WRONG! Now go in to Ghost Commander, press and hold on the app and pick manage. You will see its still running. Force close and reboot. Go back into Ghost Commander and follow the same steps. You will see you can't force close because it's not running anymore.

That being said, this only works until you reopen the app again, then you'll have to follow the same steps each time. There is no complete solution to stop this behaviour so that it closes completely each time.

If you really want to test this. Open 10 Android apps and close then with Device Monitor then use your favorite battery monitoring apps for exactly 1 hour to see how much bettery is used. Next, go into Ghost Commander and Force Close those same apps and monitor the battery usage for another hour, both times don't use your BlackBerry. After Force Closing you see a significant reduction in battery usage.

Just my $0.02 worth and this has helped me since side loading began.

Mike
    04-05-15 09:32 AM
    Unless you have a root device this problem can't be solved even for native android device.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:47 AM
    Wow what a heated and frustrating threat. Two things I would like to add.

1. This problem has been around since the old days when we could first side load android apps on our BlackBerrys.

2. There has been ZERO change on a complete and permanent solution since the beginning.

For those of you that are saying that Device Monitor works try this. Open and Android app. Close it with device manage, Gone right? WRONG! Now go in to Ghost Commander, press and hold on the app and pick manage. You will see its still running. Force close and reboot. Go back into Ghost Commander and follow the same steps. You will see you can't force close because it's not running anymore.

That being said, this only works until you reopen the app again, then you'll have to follow the same steps each time. There is no complete solution to stop this behaviour so that it closes completely each time.

If you really want to test this. Open 10 Android apps and close then with Device Monitor then use your favorite battery monitoring apps for exactly 1 hour to see how much bettery is used. Next, go into Ghost Commander and Force Close those same apps and monitor the battery usage for another hour, both times don't use your BlackBerry. After Force Closing you see a significant reduction in battery usage.

Just my $0.02 worth and this has helped me since side loading began.

Mike
    Hey Mike

Do you know how to get root access as a "Super User" so that we can dig around the hidden Android databases, files, and folders on a BB 10?

I tried this file manager Android app called X-plore, but when I select "Super User" root access, it won't open up the root folder.

I'm also going to try what you said about Ghost Commander to see if those apps are still running.
    04-06-15 12:40 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why just not use native function in BB os to prevent running minimised apps?
    How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150406_081159.png

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:15 AM
    I've tried almost all suggestions posted on this thread but the most effective one so far is to restart your mobile.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:43 AM
    I've tried almost all suggestions posted on this thread but the most effective one so far is to restart your mobile.

Posted via CB10
    If you use Ghost Commander without the Force Close action you will see that even rebooting doesn't stop them from running in the background. So far the only thing I've found is the Force Close with Ghost C.

Mike
    04-08-15 04:33 PM
    Hey Mike

Do you know how to get root access as a "Super User" so that we can dig around the hidden Android databases, files, and folders on a BB 10?

I tried this file manager Android app called X-plore, but when I select "Super User" root access, it won't open up the root folder.

I'm also going to try what you said about Ghost Commander to see if those apps are still running.
    Sorry I'm not that tech knowledgeable to know how to get root access. Ghost C is still the most effective way of getting to close completely but you still have to do it every time you open an Android app and close it.
    04-08-15 04:35 PM
    It's possible that it's a 10.3.1 feature

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I have it on 10.2.1. Sprint Q10

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    04-14-15 10:56 AM
    It is a 10.3.1 only feature
    I have this on 10.2.1

How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150414_115945.png
    How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150414_120115.png

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    04-14-15 11:01 AM
    Hi folks,

I've read through the thread and tried everything as well. Basically I've come to the conclusion to uninstall apps which are automatically running their own processes without asking, especially when they are not worth the security risk and battery life to have.

For example, one version of BitTorrent I installed will launch the process automatically even after rebooting my phone. As soon as I kill it in Ghost Commander, it launches again. Who knows what kind of data traffic it is using in the background... and it didn't even work on the updated OS version.

Another app is 1mobile market. I barely use it, and now I'm having trouble removing it. I'm using mainly Google Play Store and Android Market only. I also removed GO Launcher EX which was having almost every permission open on the device, including making calls, reading info from other apps, etc.... That was also running all the time automatically. Since I barely ever use that launcher, I deleted it as well.

My phone has been suffering terribly from poor battery performance as well, so I don't know if it was correlated or not, but I wouldn't even get half-day from a full charge and barely did anything. Definitely there should be an option to stop/reboot the Android runtime or get better control of it (or at least monitor the system resources being taken by the Android runtime versus the Native OS). That would come in handy when trying to figure out what is going on in the phone.
    09-17-15 01:59 PM
73 123