unfortunately even the patched apps still randomly spawned themselves after a hard reset...I found a solution though...deleted them.

since snap stores the apk's for me, i'll just install them as needed, and delete when done.

Posted via CB750
    02-14-15 09:49 PM
    except that what you just posted is the same thing as force quitting with ghost commander.. did you not read my post? please scroll up and read it
    Thats why I said native solution.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:25 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry have this native?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 04:12 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry have this native?

Posted via CB10
    It does but only on 10.3.1. Look at my post above.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:29 AM
    It does but only on 10.3.1. Look at my post above.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, disabling "Run when minimized" permission doesn't solve the issue. It's not the same as "run in background" as someone already pointed out.

The problem is that some Android apps will reopen in the background, as a background process, even after you force close the app in any way (TaskManager, Device Manager, Ghost Commander.. same results).
    thedose likes this.
    02-15-15 06:50 AM
    Does anybody have Cobalts google play? I noticed in the BlackBerry google id app there's a permissions manager but I can't access it cause I'm 10.2.1

Just curious if it works and helps. So far only solution I can find is delete the ones that keep showing up.. so I thought one way to reduce this and save battery to go to their websites and if the mobile site is similar to the app just save the link on the home screen. Like how we use youtube

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    02-15-15 11:53 AM
    The Bigger Picture 's solution above in #21 is indeed the best solution I have tried. It seems to stop apps from spawning again.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    The Big Picture likes this.
    02-15-15 12:28 PM
    Nope, disabling "Run when minimized" permission doesn't solve the issue. It's not the same as "run in background" as someone already pointed out.

The problem is that some Android apps will reopen in the background, as a background process, even after you force close the app in any way (TaskManager, Device Manager, Ghost Commander.. same results).
    My suggestion closes "run in background" and not "run when minimised" for android apps.

What are you reading? My post is post number 21 not the one before that.

I did not mention altering "run when minimised" even once, because that is a different function all together. Zzzzzzzzz

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:34 PM
    Go into the permissions screens in settings --> security and remove "run in background" and similar for all apps you're concerned with and that should do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:45 PM
    Only thing that might not handle is true android services.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:50 PM
    Go into the permissions screens in settings --> security and remove "run in background" and similar for all apps you're concerned with and that should do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    That only works for native apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 01:25 PM
    That only works for native apps.

Posted via CB10
    No, there's two different permissions...one is run in background which is for native apps only.

Then there is run when minimized which should appear for android apps in 10.3.1. It's not there before that release if I can recall correctly. Like I said though, true services still need an alternate solution like Ghost Commander. The Android Runtime is basically an OS within an OS, and it starts up 'true' Android services when the runtime starts up.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:14 PM
    My suggestion closes "run in background" and not "run when minimised" for android apps.

What are you reading? My post is post number 21 not the one before that.

I did not mention altering "run when minimised" even once, because that is a different function all together. Zzzzzzzzz

Posted via CB10
    I quoted the wrong person.

Force Stop, Kill, Close in Device Manager, whatever, none prevent certain Android apps from reopening. I tried..

We need a way to prevent specific apps from performing background tasks and reopening after they've been closed.
    thedose likes this.
    02-16-15 04:11 AM

Force Stop, Kill, Close in Device Manager, whatever, none prevent certain Android apps from reopening. I tried..

We need a way to prevent specific apps from performing background tasks and reopening after they've been closed.
    Which OS are you running? Im on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243.

When I close the android app in device manager it stays closed for me.

The pesky android apps which USED to stay open even when closed with an android task killer for me is seeking alpha, amazon app store, flipboard, sound hound and nikon wmu.

Since my most recent OS install its stayed closed.

Which apps are you having trouble with?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:48 AM
    No, there's two different permissions...one is run in background which is for native apps only.

Then there is run when minimized which should appear for android apps in 10.3.1. It's not there before that release if I can recall correctly. Like I said though, true services still need an alternate solution like Ghost Commander. The Android Runtime is basically an OS within an OS, and it starts up 'true' Android services when the runtime starts up.

Posted via CB10
    Yes run while minimised is there for android apps, which is a different thing to run in background which BB10 has permissions controls but only for native apps.

Run in background for android apps ive found, cannot be closed with task manager as they keep popping back up.

But the close in device manager has sorted it somehow for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:52 AM
    I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243.

When I close the android app in device manager it stays closed for me...

Since my most recent OS install its stayed closed.

Which apps are you having trouble with?
    Doh!

It's "made for BlackBerry "
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-17-15 at 03:22 PM.
    02-17-15 12:31 PM
    I use an Android app, "Wallpaper +" and even if I use the App Manager to close it, it always restarts itself when I restart my phone.

My Z30 is running OS 10.3.1.2072. Maybe I should update to 2243. But I think I'll hang tough here till the official one comes out shortly.
    I searched for wallpaper + on google app store and snap.

I cannot find it

How to prevent Android apps from running in the background?-img_20150218_024327.png

Can you post a link of the android app you mentioned?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 12:44 PM

Can you give me an example of such an app? I will try it myself and see if the method I mentioned works.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 12:46 PM
    Device Monitor works best for me but its kind of a hassle going in to each app and forcing close. it would be nice for an app to do it all in one swipe
    02-26-15 10:04 AM
    hold the app and a menu pops up, if it can be closed you can do it there.
    Igrann, however just wont die! and its a native app..

I suspect android apps are still spawning and running in the background though...and not showing up in device monitor!

Posted via CB750
    02-26-15 10:30 AM
    hold the app and a menu pops up, if it can be closed you can do it there.
    Igrann, however just wont die! and its a native app..

I suspect android apps are still spawning and running in the background though...and not showing up in device monitor!

Posted via CB750
    I don't know if this happens on OS 10.3.1, but back on 10.3.0.1418 (10.3.0.908) the amazon app store was such an app that kept respawning and running in the background, even when closed via the device manager -- probably because it would search for app updates etc...

Can anyone running 10.3.1 confirm is the amazon app store still does this? (I'm without a Blackberry ATM so I cannot test, should probably update my sig, I'm using a Lumia 635 atm).
    02-26-15 12:31 PM
    I'd recommend using Ghost Commander available from BBW for definitely closing Android apps. I usually get Google Maps, Amazon App Store and Bubble Breaker going rogue, and Ghost Commander works great for closing them when Device Monitor fails to do so.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    02-26-15 12:33 PM
    Device Monitor works best for me but its kind of a hassle going in to each app and forcing close. it would be nice for an app to do it all in one swipe
    We have that. Download the app task manager.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-26-15 12:37 PM
    We have that. Download the app task manager.

Posted via CB10
    Would you mind pointing us to? I had it installed, but after downgrade to 10.2.2 it is mysteriously gone from both, my list of avaliable apps, as well as from BBW. Like it is withdrawn from it. Thanks in advance.
    02-26-15 12:41 PM
    When they run in the background, you get a notification in the hub. You can close them from there.

Posted via CB10
    Magnetox likes this.
    02-26-15 12:47 PM
73 123