Hi,

I have the iSheild screen protector and it fits good. However, I am sure the screen would look so much more beautiful if I would remove it.

Today I bough the OEM BlackBerry Passport case and it came with the screen protector.

How is the OEM screen protector? Should I remove my iSheild for this one?

Thanks you

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:30 PM
    I did not like the OEM one. iSheild is much better.
    06-02-15 05:40 PM
    Don't do it!!!

Whenever I got my PP I had to use the OEM screen protector because iShieldz hadn't come out with theirs yet. The OEM is just a basic screen protector. As well, both sides of the OEM had lifted on the edges due to the curves on the sides of the display.

The iShieldz screen protector is much clear and more durable. Plus easier to wipe off.

Personally I wouldn't go back to an OEM protector.

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    06-02-15 10:22 PM
    If you are looking for a clear/clean look with screen cracking protection as well look into getting a tempered glass screen protector for the Passport. That seems like the best option for you based on what you wrote.

There are many high quality brands of screen protectors out now for the Passport, but if you are going for the OEM look or want it to look and feel like nothing is there tempered glass is the way to go. There are many high quality ones on Amazon for not much. Here is a link to some. I'd recommend the Sojitek as they've stood by their product on my Z30 and sent a replacement for free (my fault for messing up the install). http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...UvbUpU11687614

Personally I hate fingerprints, smudges, grease, and reflections and use matte screen protectors on all of my devices. Maybe I just have greasy hands lol, but if I were going for OEM it would be tempered glass.

I just wrote a thread here about some abuse my Passport took over the weekend and the matte protector I had on somehow came up which I'm sure was my own fault that night (was scrunched up in the corner with dirt/gravel). Here's that thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1021759

When I got home I knew I had a few OEM screen protectors and other backups. I put the OEM protector on and it was honestly just not good at all (to put it nicely and I use this type of protector). Difficult to apply and weird fit with the glass curvature since it is supposed to be OEM.

Needless to say, I put my spare Mr. Shields clear screen protector on after removing the OEM one and not only was it a better fit, the screen looked much better.

When the Passport first launched the only protectors easily available were Mr. Shields protectors which I bought a bunch of matte and clear from Amazon. I have since tried other high quality brands such as Skinomi and haven't been impressed.

Had that matte protector from Mr. Shields on for months with zero issues. Very easy to install and came with double sided tape material to pull off any dust that might get caught when applying. With the OEM, if you remove and place back it is difficult to put on 100% perfect and bubble free... it's actually almost impossible with the OEM protector.

Anyway, after months I had to remove my Mr. Shields matte protector and, while the protector had scratches and whatnot on it, the screen was perfect and I'm currently using the clear Mr. Shields temporarily until my matte ones come in.

Ultimately, if you want a stick on screen protector similar to the OEM, I've found that these have a better fit and are actually really nice. Otherwise I wouldn't be using them on my Passport.

Just my thoughts with two Passports since Sept and Nov...not including my mom's Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:57 PM
    If you are looking for a clear/clean look with screen cracking protection as well look into getting a tempered glass screen protector for the Passport. That seems like the best option for you based on what you wrote.

There are many high quality brands of screen protectors out now for the Passport, but if you are going for the OEM look or want it to look and feel like nothing is there tempered glass is the way to go. There are many high quality ones on Amazon for not much. Here is a link to some. I'd recommend the Sojitek as they've stood by their product on my Z30 and sent a replacement for free (my fault for messing up the install). http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...UvbUpU11688026

Personally I hate fingerprints, smudges, grease, and reflections and use matte screen protectors on all of my devices. Maybe I just have greasy hands lol, but if I were going for OEM it would be tempered glass.

I just wrote a thread here about some abuse my Passport took over the weekend and the matte protector I had on somehow came up which I'm sure was my own fault that night (was scrunched up in the corner with dirt/gravel). Here's that thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1021759

When I got home I knew I had a few OEM screen protectors and other backups. I put the OEM protector on and it was honestly just not good at all (to put it nicely and I use this type of protector). Difficult to apply and weird fit with the glass curvature since it is supposed to be OEM.

Needless to say, I put my spare Mr. Shields clear screen protector on after removing the OEM one and not only was it a better fit, the screen looked much better.

When the Passport first launched the only protectors easily available were Mr. Shields protectors which I bought a bunch of matte and clear from Amazon. I have since tried other high quality brands such as Skinomi and haven't been impressed.

Had that matte protector from Mr. Shields on for months with zero issues. Very easy to install and came with double sided tape material to pull off any dust that might get caught when applying. With the OEM, if you remove and place back it is difficult to put on 100% perfect and bubble free... it's actually almost impossible with the OEM protector.

Anyway, after months I had to remove my Mr. Shields matte protector and, while the protector had scratches and whatnot on it, the screen was perfect and I'm currently using the clear Mr. Shields temporarily until my matte ones come in.

Ultimately, if you want a stick on screen protector similar to the OEM, I've found that these have a better fit and are actually really nice. Otherwise I wouldn't be using them on my Passport.

Just my thoughts with two Passports since Sept and Nov...not including my mom's Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

However, won't the tampered glass feels thick if I swipe from the bottom to top?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 05:30 AM
    If you..want it to look and feel like nothing is there tempered glass is the way to go. There are many high quality ones on Amazon for not much. Here is a link to some. I'd recommend the Sojitek as they've stood by their product on my Z30 and sent a replacement for free (my fault for messing up the install).
    Hi RLTurn77,
    I'm looking for a good tempered glass solution for my z30..but the Sojitek ones on amazon mentions nothing about being tempered glass.

Can you or anyone else recommend a very good tempered glass solution/brand for the z30?

Thanks!
    01-26-16 10:23 AM