Completely subjective I know. But worth is gauged by how much someone would pay for it. It seems at least from the sites I've seen that retailers believe it to be worth anywhere from $350-$500 brand new, but what about for you? If you had to, would you pay top dollar for the Passport?

Maybe not. Perhaps you think it's a nice device, but only worth a couple hundred because it can't match up to the Apple/Android devices. That's fine too. I expect there to be a wide array of answers to this.

For me, I have paid top dollar for a device in the past and it turned out to be worth what I paid. I came late to the Passport party and have had my Silver Edition for a couple months now. I paid around $430 for it brand new from Amazon, but I can honestly say that I would pay top dollar if necessary (top dollar being around $650-$700). And I'm not a man with a lot of extra money.

My reason for this is because of what I have gained from it. My productivity has gone up quite a bit since owning it. The Passport's supposedly biggest deficiency - the lack of apps, has actually saved me time. I find myself wasting less time on, well time-wasting apps, and using my device for getting things done. Sure, I play the occasional WGT Golf on it (great game - Amazon App Store), and it has social media capabilities that I check from time to time, but I don't nearly spend as much time doing that stuff that I once did on my Android/iPhone. And for me, this makes me more productive. I also gain so much from the physical keyboard and the Hub, I can't imagine not having them now. And with Cobalt's work around to get the Google Play store on it, I have most of my banking/financial apps on my Passport.

As we know, the camera isn't top of the line, but it takes some wonderful pictures! I have young children and I want to capture every moment I can of their young age, and the Passport hasn't disappointed. It has produced some of our favorite images.

Anyways, I'm glad I only had to shell out $400 and change for this beast, I probably wouldn't have paid top dollar for it prior to using it, but now that I've used it daily for a couple months, I would gladly pay that again, if not more. I know, I know, the elephant in the room is the fear of the lack of BBOS support going forward and the possibility that the Passport becomes a large square paperweight in a year or so, but I'm honestly not worrying about it. The Passport works great now and it's making my life easier.

Plus, perhaps the more we rave about this device, maybe the higher-ups at BlackBerry will hear us and make a fresh version of it. Wishful thinking I'm sure. But, c'mon Blackberry, I would have had this device months ago if there was any press about it at all. Le'ts advertise this innovative device!

Curious to hear some feedback on this...
    adiguna80, moosbb and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-08-16 11:04 AM
    I'd pay up to 2k for this thing bruh
    This is the best phone I've ever had

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 11:30 AM
    Completely subjective I know. But worth is gauged by how much someone would pay for it. It seems at least from the sites I've seen that retailers believe it to be worth anywhere from $350-$500 brand new, but what about for you? If you had to, would you pay top dollar for the Passport?

Maybe not. Perhaps you think it's a nice device, but only worth a couple hundred because it can't match up to the Apple/Android devices. That's fine too. I expect there to be a wide array of answers to this.

For me, I have paid top dollar for a device in the past and it turned out to be worth what I paid. I came late to the Passport party and have had my Silver Edition for a couple months now. I paid around $430 for it brand new from Amazon, but I can honestly say that I would pay top dollar if necessary (top dollar being around $650-$700). And I'm not a man with a lot of extra money.

My reason for this is because of what I have gained from it. My productivity has gone up quite a bit since owning it. The Passport's supposedly biggest deficiency - the lack of apps, has actually saved me time. I find myself wasting less time on, well time-wasting apps, and using my device for getting things done. Sure, I play the occasional WGT Golf on it (great game - Amazon App Store), and it has social media capabilities that I check from time to time, but I don't nearly spend as much time doing that stuff that I once did on my Android/iPhone. And for me, this makes me more productive. I also gain so much from the physical keyboard and the Hub, I can't imagine not having them now. And with Cobalt's work around to get the Google Play store on it, I have most of my banking/financial apps on my Passport.

As we know, the camera isn't top of the line, but it takes some wonderful pictures! I have young children and I want to capture every moment I can of their young age, and the Passport hasn't disappointed. It has produced some of our favorite images.

Anyways, I'm glad I only had to shell out $400 and change for this beast, I probably wouldn't have paid top dollar for it prior to using it, but now that I've used it daily for a couple months, I would gladly pay that again, if not more. I know, I know, the elephant in the room is the fear of the lack of BBOS support going forward and the possibility that the Passport becomes a large square paperweight in a year or so, but I'm honestly not worrying about it. The Passport works great now and it's making my life easier.

Plus, perhaps the more we rave about this device, maybe the higher-ups at BlackBerry will hear us and make a fresh version of it. Wishful thinking I'm sure. But, c'mon Blackberry, I would have had this device months ago if there was any press about it at all. Le'ts advertise this innovative device!

Curious to hear some feedback on this...
    There are a lot of insecure limp wristed worried and scared of everything weak minded people in the world. Just take a look around.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    06-08-16 11:46 AM
    Having two Passport now, if I saw one fore sale I'd maybe grab it for $200 but that's most I'd pay for a third. Just because I'm a die hard BlackBerry guy I love the Passport and to have a backup to my backup you know to run autoloader on or if one got damaged.

I may be gifted a third Passport if a friend of mine can find a Tmobile store that sells the Priv.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    06-08-16 12:40 PM
    I paid 200 quid or $300 for a brand new OG. I'm a student and have never forked out for a phone outside of a carrier contract agreement.

This phone is a bargain at this stage of its life. It's specs are as good as anything and it cuts out all the trivial bs in my opinion. It's a beautiful phone and after having it for over a month now it's hard to put down, no other phone would have the same effect I believe. This phone is more useful than an iphone 6plus could be for me.

I find it hard to put monetary value on this phone purely because the popularity of blackberry is nonexistent and second hand resale value is something I take into account. A phone that generally holds its value a safe choice and the passport has done that well up until now compared to the likes of the S5. Looking to the future there's a sense of security with apple/samsung that's missing from this phone which is why an iphone 6 is just a much safer option at this stage. I bought this phone aware of the state of the apps store but unaware that whatsapp was heading for the door. I've no idea of the state this phone will be in 9 months time. Or even 6. Apple users know a OS update is on the way. Meanwhile im hoping BlackBerry will save the day and retain whatsapp although unlikely. That takes away greatly.

A price tag of 200-230 ($300) brand new is fair at this stage. It performs like a 400/450 ($600-$700) device but the direction of blackberry means I wouldn't want to put anymore into the phone...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 01:58 PM
    It's worth is priceless compared to what it does for my work.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-08-16 03:05 PM
    I took my time getting my SE. Stupid me. I got it for my birthday at a great price ($410 from BlackBerry Store). Best phone by far I ever had (own various BlackBerry phones and I have several android phones). Like you, I use my phone for business. Have 8 email accounts, LinkedIn, several social media accounts (used for business) and have very little use for additional apps. I am more productive than when I'm on my Z30, which I still use for email and music (I think the Z30 sounds a bit better than the SE). This phone is replacing the tablet. Love the screen, keyboard (touch, feel and accuracy) and working wide, it really makes a difference. I want to get several more for backups. I brought the SE notwithstanding the future status of BB10. If I get 2 years out of it I'm happy. Hopefully Chin and company will wake up and see the value of BB10 and rethink their position. Proper advertising and additional developments can make BB10 king of professional use, for no OS I know of can do what BB10 does for productivity, none. And from a business standpoint the Passport is priceless, and one can argue from this position that the Passport would be worth at least a $1000 to $1500, i.e., from a business investment standpoint based on productivity.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Zeratul57 like this.
    06-08-16 03:12 PM
    Wasn't worth the cost when they were introduced and still have no interest.
    06-08-16 03:12 PM
    I switched to AT&T to get it and got their version of it...so I guess I did pay top dollar. Great phone!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-08-16 04:44 PM
    The Passport, SE or AT&T, is worth every penny, IMHO, even if you paid $500 US for it, assuming you think any phone is worth that kind of money.

I started with the PP OG a year and a half ago, looked at the AT&T PP, but then the SE came out, so I bought it from ShopBlackberry and sold my OG for a good price on Ebay. My net cost for the PP SE was probably $700, considering the turnover.

Since then I've bought three iPhones for my wife and daughters (they had flip phones before that), and never once had the inclination to buy one for myself to replace my SE, despite playing with their iPhones, setting them up, everything. My wife and daughters are low tech and don't want to have to do any maintenance--just email, SMS and MMS, photos, load them seamlessly into iPhoto onto their MackBooks, etc.

I've spent about a hour and a half with the Priv, and there is no way I'll replace the SE with the Priv unless I'm forced to do so if and when the few major Android apps I need stop working on the SE.

If you want or need a smartphone with great email and message handling via a Hub, need a physical keyboard, want a decent camera, and have only a moderate need for Android apps, then the PP can't be beat at any price right now. That means it's well worth what it costs.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 07:03 PM
    How much is the Passport worth to you?-img_20160602_175827.jpgmines worth $225. Yeah I put that keyboard in myself. It still sucks compared to my classic though

Posted via CB10
    keliew likes this.
    06-08-16 07:44 PM
    I think BlackBerry has it priced just right from the hardware end of things.
    As for the software end, that's where it gets tricky.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 07:55 PM
    I paid 200 quid or $300 for a brand new OG. I'm a student and have never forked out for a phone outside of a carrier contract agreement.

This phone is a bargain at this stage of its life. It's specs are as good as anything and it cuts out all the trivial bs in my opinion. It's a beautiful phone and after having it for over a month now it's hard to put down, no other phone would have the same effect I believe. This phone is more useful than an iphone 6plus could be for me.

I find it hard to put monetary value on this phone purely because the popularity of blackberry is nonexistent and second hand resale value is something I take into account. A phone that generally holds its value a safe choice and the passport has done that well up until now compared to the likes of the S5. Looking to the future there's a sense of security with apple/samsung that's missing from this phone which is why an iphone 6 is just a much safer option at this stage. I bought this phone aware of the state of the apps store but unaware that whatsapp was heading for the door. I've no idea of the state this phone will be in 9 months time. Or even 6. Apple users know a OS update is on the way. Meanwhile im hoping BlackBerry will save the day and retain whatsapp although unlikely. That takes away greatly.

A price tag of 200-230 ($300) brand new is fair at this stage. It performs like a 400/450 ($600-$700) device but the direction of blackberry means I wouldn't want to put anymore into the phone...

Posted via CB10
    You can continue to use the Android version of Whatsapp - load it through 9apps.com. That's what I'm doing. Works well, except that I cannot send pics from the Passport. I can receive pics, and can send/receive texts in Whatsapp, and that's good enough for me. Try that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-16 07:57 PM
    Guess it's worth what I payed for it,got it on sale with a few accessories. was wanting to get my hands on one since the passport first came out! Then the SE came out an finally decided / saved up to purchase.
    An overall enjoy the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 08:13 PM
    You can continue to use the Android version of Whatsapp - load it through 9apps.com. That's what I'm doing. Works well, except that I cannot send pics from the Passport. I can receive pics, and can send/receive texts in Whatsapp, and that's good enough for me. Try that.

Are you sure you can't send Pictures from the Android What's App? That would be interesting to know if that is really the case.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-09-16 11:40 AM
    Around 10K

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 11:49 AM
    Definitely damn close to priceless. Don't need to carry a tablet or laptop anymore. Time for an SE I think
    06-09-16 06:45 PM
    I'd pay up to 2k for this thing bruh
    This is the best phone I've ever had

Posted via CB10
    I second that motion.
    This phone revolutionized my view on modern mobile technology! *This is seriously the best phone I can even imagine.
    I wouldn't trade it for any other device. Not*a brand new MacBook Pro Air, or top of the line Windows laptop, or Android flagship phone, not even an F-22 Raptor fighter jet.‎

*I paid ~$425 for my BlackBerry Passport in February of 2016. *‎A couple weeks after I got this phone, realized the unbelievable usefulness of this device. I then began to dread the thought of ever being forced to switch to android or ios should BlackBerry‎ get forced out of the picture.
    This dreaded thought of switching is so SERIOUSLY dreaded, that last month I decided to buy a second Passport for $430 in hope of pushing those storm clouds back just a tiny bit. ‎
    ...so...i'd say the BlackBerry Passport is AT LEAST worth $855...but, i'd still pay that again in a heartbeat if I had to.
    06-09-16 08:53 PM
    One MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

Posted with a Passport for Productivity
    06-09-16 11:56 PM
    Are you sure you can't send Pictures from the Android What's App? That would be interesting to know if that is really the case.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    I haven't been able to. What's interesting, though, is that I CAN send pictures through web.whatsapp.com when using the Android version of Whatsapp. Only that I cannot send pictures directly from the Passport.

ReinGutierrez likes this.
    06-10-16 06:29 AM
    I think I originally paid about 360 (+ VAT - eg UK sales tax which I can claim back through my business) in January 2015.

Would definitely pay the same amount again (or even slightly more).

"My productivity has gone up quite a bit since owning it." - couldn't agree more! One of the biggest pluses of the Passport for me, is that I no longer need to lug around a tablet to be able to view dashboards/spreadsheets/etc (I have a minor disability and carrying things can cause me grief).
    06-10-16 07:06 AM