Hi all. It's sad but as some of the websites are not working properly or not working at all I've had to make a switch to an Android phone (OnePlus 8T).
    How can I transfer contacts to my new phone (easy and efficient way)? Can't even have a look to BlackBerry World for some data transfer app as the BB World is not working- it says "No network connection". I know there is a way to fix this error but I'm really fed up and frustrated from having to fix xy things just to move the damn contacts from one phone to another- they are the most important, I can move notes via Bluetooth and photos load into the computer and then move them to my new phone. Many thanks for your help.
    Really like my Passport and will still using it as my secondary phone but need to have something that works 100%.
    09-15-21 02:10 PM
    Hi all. It's sad but as some of the websites are not working properly or not working at all I've had to make a switch to an Android phone (OnePlus 8T).
    How can I transfer contacts to my new phone (easy and efficient way)? Can't even have a look to BlackBerry World for some data transfer app as the BB World is not working- it says "No network connection". I know there is a way to fix this error but I'm really fed up and frustrated from having to fix xy things just to move the damn contacts from one phone to another- they are the most important, I can move notes via Bluetooth and photos load into the computer and then move them to my new phone. Many thanks for your help.
    Really like my Passport and will still using it as my secondary phone but need to have something that works 100%.
    Aren’t your contacts already backed up in “the cloud” via Google or Microsoft already? If not, you‘ll probably have to fix the BlackBerry World error to hopefully still have a solution to download.
    Trouveur likes this.
    09-15-21 02:20 PM
    If you are still rolling down your windows by hand using a local solution for your contacts, use the Content Transfer app.
    09-15-21 02:45 PM
    Aren’t your contacts already backed up in “the cloud” via Google or Microsoft already? If not, you‘ll probably have to fix the BlackBerry World error to hopefully still have a solution to download.
    I never backed up any of my phone content as I've got two Passports so if would have gone wrong with one of them there would is another one.
    09-16-21 03:31 AM
    If you are still rolling down your windows by hand using a local solution for your contacts, use the Content Transfer app.
    I'm not very familiar with these things. Should I download it to my new phone or the my Passport (that would be a problem as BB Worls is not working)?
    09-16-21 03:35 AM
    I never backed up any of my phone content as I've got two Passports so if would have gone wrong with one of them there would is another one.
    So where did you back up your stuff in case one Passport failed?
    09-16-21 03:53 AM
    I'm not very familiar with these things. Should I download it to my new phone or the my Passport (that would be a problem as BB Worls is not working)?
    Have you done this fix for BBW https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10

How were you syncing your two Passports...?

You need to get BBW fixed... or you have waited too long already.
    09-16-21 08:13 AM
    So where did you back up your stuff in case one Passport failed?
    I've been using a different sim cards in each phone as I'm spending a lot of time between two countries. Both phones have an identical contact list and any of the other important things were kept on the sd card. So in case of a broken phone I always knew the is a second one with all what was important. To be honest, my switch has more to do with being fed up from carrying two phones with me, than some websites not working properly. Even if an Android phone will be my main phone, I'll keep one of the Passports as a back up phone.
    09-16-21 09:32 AM
    Have you done this fix for BBW https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10

How were you syncing your two Passports...?

You need to get BBW fixed... or you have waited too long already.
    I've been syncing them just with transferring any important notes via Bluetooth. Seems like I'll have to fix BBW as I want to restore them to the factory settings before the end of the year. The way I've been doing things might sound a bit as if I'm a bit of a dumbo. To be honest again, me and always and fast changing technology are not the best friends. Some people have a passion to learn and play, keep changing and adapting, I'm just a regular user. I'm also probably the most sad and frustrated person on this forum from the death of Blackberry phones as I've been using many different phones in my life (dumb Motorola V3 having a menu layout that you've never knew where you are, Nokia N95 mini with Symbian which was similar to Motorola but even more sophisticatedly confusing and BB Classic and later Passport were the phones where I always knew where I'm and what I'm doing. BB10 OS just matched perfectly the frequency my at my brain is working.
    09-16-21 09:54 AM
    I've managed to start playing with it only now. Many thanks for your suggestions. Blackberry World is working now again and I downloaded the Content transfer app.
    However, it didnt help me as my new phone doesn't support media cards so I can't just stick the card in and transfer the data.
    10-10-21 08:13 AM
    I've managed to start playing with it only now. Many thanks for your suggestions. Blackberry World is working now again and I downloaded the Content transfer app.
    However, it didnt help me as my new phone doesn't support media cards so I can't just stick the card in and transfer the data.
    Just copy the data, via your computer, to the new device's main storage then.
    10-10-21 08:44 AM
    Just copy the data, via your computer, to the new device's main storage then.
    Could you tell me please step by step how to do it? I've tried to back the phone book via Blackberry Link but can't access it in the BB Link on the computer. When it comes to Content Transfer app, the phone book is on my media card but can't access it in the files on the phone, can try to put the media card into the computer and see if it shows up there.
    10-10-21 12:38 PM
    Could you tell me please step by step how to do it? I've tried to back the phone book via Blackberry Link but can't access it in the BB Link on the computer. When it comes to Content Transfer app, the phone book is on my media card but can't access it in the files on the phone, can try to put the media card into the computer and see if it shows up there.
    Just take the SD card out of the BB10 device, put it in your Windows box, and copy the backup file.
    10-10-21 12:39 PM
    Just take the SD card out of the BB10 device, put it in your Windows box, and copy the backup file.
    I just tried to do it although I don't know what the Windows box is (can you explain or send a link?). I managed to copy the backup file into the computer, but I cannot copy it into the phone when connecting it with the cable. I'm not sure which driver or file to open to copy it into (see picture).How to move contacts/data from Passport to Android-phone.jpg
    10-24-21 06:31 AM
    I just tried to do it although I don't know what the Windows box is (can you explain or send a link?). I managed to copy the backup file into the computer, but I cannot copy it into the phone when connecting it with the cable. I'm not sure which driver or file to open to copy it into (see picture).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	451229
    By box I was referring to your desktop/laptop.

Just use a cloud storage service to get your backup file to your Android phone.
    10-24-21 10:02 AM
    Sounds very easy. However, we've spent with my friend nearly 3 hours with no success (what seems to be easy for you, might be quite difficult for others).
    As I understand it I have to put the memory card from my Passport to the computer, log in into my Google account to access the cloud, move the file into the cloud, access the cloud from my phone and move it into the mass storage of my new phone. Right?
    Step by step guiding would be much appreciated. Please write it for me, we could possibly talk/write via Skype or Signal.
    10-24-21 12:24 PM
    I thought there was a way to copy a BB10's local contacts to an online email account/service (like a gmail email account)? Didn't we cover this in a few other threads previously? Wouldn't that be easier than other methods, especially if the OP is going to be moving to Android?

Edit. Maybe one of these threads:

/blackberry-10-os-f269/back-up-bb10-contacts-1191312/
    10-24-21 08:52 PM
    Just try using ContactsImeX app of Florian Behrens in the BBW

Posted via CB10
    10-25-21 01:12 PM
    I thought there was a way to copy a BB10's local contacts to an online email account/service (like a gmail email account)? Didn't we cover this in a few other threads previously? Wouldn't that be easier than other methods, especially if the OP is going to be moving to Android?

Edit. Maybe one of these threads:

/blackberry-10-os-f269/back-up-bb10-contacts-1191312/
    I wouldn't be moving to Android if I didn't have to.
    Tried moving contacts to g mail, either the device wasn't seen or there were other issues.... I dont know.

Thank you for your help but the thread you've provided doesn't help much.
    11-01-21 04:02 AM
    Just try using ContactsImeX app of Florian Behrens in the BBW

Posted via CB10
    I've downloaded the app. The app looks different in the BBW than downloaded in the phone (whilst I'm not completely daft when it comes to the computers, just changing the skin or moving something to the other side of the screen/or just a few centimeters or a different corner can confuse me and need to adapt to it).
    Managed to (or at least I think so) to export some data, had to download the csv app from google store, the contacts were transfered via bluetooth, 401 contacts appeared on my new phone but all of them were blank.

There was a comment from someone in this thread with saying LOL and taking a **** of me as if I can't use the bluetooth- the comment is gone from this thread for some reason).
    Just a few words to that poster.... not sure how old you are but I've been using Bluetooth on devices like Ericsson T68. I know about his option but I would have to mark 400 contacts in my Passport to be transfered (not sure it would transfer all at once) and than I would have to select and store them in my new phone (another 800 clicks). Sounds pretty sick and leaving it as the very last option.
    Pretty frustrated from these things. Who the f. ck can say the computers are here to make our lives easier? It would be easier for me to get pregnant and give a birth to a child through my ear than to transfer fc. king contacts from Passport to an Android phone easily and smoothly.
    Conite (with all respect to him) is also a big disappointment to me. It wouldn't be difficult to let me know he's not interested to guide me through this pile of sh.t. There was not a single word from him since I asked him for a step by step guiding.
    Last edited by RadoR6; 11-01-21 at 04:36 AM.
    11-01-21 04:16 AM
    ...Conite (with all respect to him) is also a big disappointment to me. It wouldn't be difficult to let me know he's not interested to guide me through this pile of sh.t. There was not a single word from him since I asked him for a step by step guiding.
    I seem to remember a few threads talking about how to get contacts off BB10 devices. I guess the one I referenced was not a good one. From what I remember, one of the easiet ways is to setup an online service on the BB10 device (eg: gmail, hotmail, etc...), one that permits for sync of contacts. Then, on the device copy the local contacts to the online sync account. Then, they are in the cloud and could be exported to csv or other via the website of the service. Better yet, the same cloud service/account could simply be setup on the new device to get the contacts over to the new device. I don't remember if that is what @conite had suggested, but I am not sure how much of a step by step guide is needed without specific indication as to what general step you are having problems with. Maybe @conite didn't see your request, but you probably also have to realize that for some of these things he has probably posted detailed steps many times over previously.
    11-01-21 06:36 AM
    Conite (with all respect to him) is also a big disappointment to me. It wouldn't be difficult to let me know he's not interested to guide me through this pile of sh.t. There was not a single word from him since I asked him for a step by step guiding.
    I told you exactly what to do. Your remaining issue was not phone related. Teaching basic computer knowledge is not my forté.
    11-01-21 08:12 AM
    Then use the cloud sync option....
    11-01-21 08:15 AM