I am seriously considering it....Currently using a Z30 on Verizon but looks like I will be switching...
    09-29-14 03:13 PM
    I switched. Still have a bunch of Z30's and Q10's on VZW for my business. But I really like the Passport for me.
    I have 18 lines with VZW at the moment.

How is you plan with you business?

I have 6 phones up for renewal but my line isn't one of them. I am trying to figure out my monthly costs if I switch my one line but not sure how my contract for my line would be effected.

And as others have said if VZW does not offer Blackberry's anymore I would switch. Just not going to switch just because of the passport yet.

And we still don't know how long the exclusive to AT&T is and when they will release it. The sooner the better. Having people jump ship away from VZW will certainly be noticeable to them.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 09-29-14 at 03:28 PM.
    09-29-14 03:13 PM
    Lol I feel the same way about CDMA, and I may even agree about the cost benefit analysis BB might have done...but you don't spite the largest US carrier, one with those juicy government contracts! At least not when you're in BB's position, and when in a couple of years Verizon is going all-LTE with its lineup. You think they'll be so forgiving then, especially if BB hasn't made a significant enough comeback? So if Verizon would have wanted the Passport, I think BB would have given it to them.
    Depends on the agency. The ones that have a decent amount of overseas presence, are using AT&T already because of global capable phones. Agreed they would give Verizon the phone with a purchasing commitment, but without that I don't think it would be worth the risk to BlackBerry, especially with Verizon pushing Android and iPhone.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-29-14 04:50 PM
    Also att actually likes BlackBerry and won't try to beg you to buy gs5s

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    09-29-14 07:52 PM
    Switching as soon as my Passport comes in. Maybe a day early so I can activate it as soon as it arrives

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:26 PM
    I didn't ditch Verizon but I just switched from Cincinnati Bell and chase AT&T over Verizon because they support the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:12 PM
    i'll be switching as soon as i can afford a passport! these ebay & reseller prices are astronomical! makes me appreciate carrier subsidy pricing a little bit despite all the bs
    10-08-14 07:50 PM
    I'm going to be making the switch. I've been waiting since August for it to be released and AT&T is slightly cheaper for me anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:58 PM
    I'm dumping them and even giving the a small termination fee when I leave. I'm in greater NYC area so coverage is not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:59 PM
    I am

Posted via WHT Q10
    10-08-14 10:37 PM
    cdma is old and obsolete
    10-08-14 11:15 PM
    Yet it is the best network in the USA.
    10-09-14 08:07 PM
    Yep. Better coverage too

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for Peevishlicious Crew on the STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-09-14 09:54 PM
    Sorry, all these "best coverage" for Verizon are completely specific areas. I ditched Verizon after 12 years for the Passport and honestly I couldn't be happier. I just believed all the chatter that "Verizon is superior" "AT&T Sucks" without ever really trying it out for myself. Glad I finally did. I get STRONG 4G in places where Verizon ALWAYS went to 3G or even Edge. Point here is.... try it before you knock it.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:54 AM
    Im switching in january if I dont here anything from verizon.

Posted via WHT Q10
    10-17-14 11:00 AM
    Been with Verizon for 10 years and have unlimited data but I purchased a Passport to try on T-Mobile. Will dump Verizon if T-Mobile doesn't suck. The freedom to get basically any unlocked phone and not having to stick with Verizon proprietary crap is very appealing.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:15 AM
    Been with Verizon for 10 years and have unlimited data but I purchased a Passport to try on T-Mobile. Will dump Verizon if T-Mobile doesn't suck. The freedom to get basically any unlocked phone and not having to stick with Verizon proprietary crap is very appealing.

Posted via CB10
    The freedom that comes from breaking the Verizon shackles is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:19 AM
    Depends on your plan I think. If you have a good grandfathered plan you may never leave VZ.

I'm sure VZ will have the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:23 AM
    Left my unlimited grandfathered plan on Verizon since I switched to them for the first Storm... been on my AT&T Passport from shopblackberry since 10/7... just need a backup BB10 device as this is my only GSM phone now.

Looking at the Z10 $199 deal or may pick up a Classic. BTW, this is my first keyboard phone. Had the Storm for a while then Android to Z10 to Z30 to Passport. With Verizon carrying the Z30, was shocked no Passport.

Oh well, their loss... wish they were ditching CDMA sooner as I was told my Passport might work on VoLTE in about 6 months lol. I'll go where the device I want is. Sucked giving up that plan though, but I'm happy!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:07 PM
    Depends on your plan I think. If you have a good grandfathered plan you may never leave VZ.

I'm sure VZ will have the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but those coveted "grandfather" unlimited plans are going to be severely throttled here soon from what I've read.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:09 PM
    Yeah but those coveted "grandfather" unlimited plans are going to be severely throttled here soon from what I've read.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon changed their mind on that. http://online.wsj.com/articles/veriz...fcc-1412210196

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:10 PM
    I will switch from Verizon...
    10-17-14 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I'll walk into an att store later today and see what they say.

Posted via CB10
    Just don't tell them you have a Passport. They know then that you have to switch. It would kill your negotiating power. Tell them you are thinking about switching and when they agree to something you flip out the Passport.
    10-17-14 12:16 PM
    I will be leaving VZW now too. I wanted to test the Passport for a couple of days first but after just one day I am very confident.
    VZW customer service has gone down anyways over the last few years. The fact that their store have 0 Balckberry in it (not even a cheap sign) pisses me off even more.

One of the reason I liked VZW was for the unlimited global data plan. Though it should have been grandfathered in they just took it off.

Customer loyality goes both ways. All I can say: we had good years together but it is time to move on.
    10-17-14 12:20 PM
    Sorry you are wrong Verizon has the best coverage nationally. It is not just local in spots. It just is a fact. They also have more capacity. Sure maybe in one specific spot another carrier is better. But over the sum of the USA nobody can possibly come close to Verizon. I know people don't like to admit it because the Passport is not on Verizon. But you have not launched in the USA until you are on Verizon. This includes the huge mistake apple did skipping verizon. They will never be able to recover from that mistake! Verizon basically created Android. Before it was a joke on t-mobile.
    10-17-14 06:02 PM
103 12345