As the title suggests, I am a very angry Verizon customer and just NEED the Passport! Am I completely insane for thinking of switching to AT&T for a phone?

I ordered it from the Blackberry shop the moment it was released and I have been using it on WiFi ever since and completely fell in love with it.

Otherwise I am very happy with my Verizon coverage.
    furinkasan likes this.
    09-28-14 01:39 PM
    I switched. Still have a bunch of Z30's and Q10's on VZW for my business. But I really like the Passport for me.
    09-28-14 01:43 PM
    I would go for it, never had any issues with att

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    09-28-14 01:46 PM
    This is a real pain point, vzw coverage is still the best for voice in my submarket, just not sure if I can stand to go back to att, they all suck but somehow vzw sucks less.

I just wish they would give a definitive yes or no for verizon. Can't blame them for not shutting the door on the opportunity but if they said vzw was getting the Classic and no Passport at least I could feel like I am making a clear decision.

If it turns out neither is going to vzw then I am off to AT&T for sure.

Posted via CB10
    furinkasan, kbz1960 and MikeX74 like this.
    09-28-14 01:50 PM
    i would never switch immediately. I would give it time and see what happens after a month and see if any news pops up. I am willing to bet VZW will carry the phone. They have a huge amount of business accounts
    tnewton3, Jrox74, Mic_JP and 4 others like this.
    09-28-14 01:52 PM
    Ok, at least now I know I am not the only crazy one.

Anyone got hit with a ETF?
    09-28-14 01:52 PM
    Also, AT&T just changed the mobile share plans and doubled the data on 15GB plans and higher. I just changed my 5 lines to 30 GB for an additional $27 a month total. There is a quick write up on this on the main CB site.

Last time I was in a Verizon store I felt like I was in a car dealership's finance department...not a good feeling.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:53 PM
    Can't leave Verizon for subpar AT&T... used to have AT&T and would get shady coverage and list calls...never had that is due with Vz...not worth it

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-14 01:53 PM
    I orderd a sim from tmobile

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-28-14 01:54 PM
    Att coverage is about useless where I live and us cellular isn't any cheaper, they don't carry BlackBerry and they are very limited on their 4g LTE. I'm pretty much stuck to Verizon for now. If att actually had good coverage in my area I'd consider it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-14 01:59 PM
    Ok, at least now I know I am not the only crazy one.

Anyone got hit with a ETF?
    Nope, crazy here with you. I switched to Verizon just a few months ago as the speed of the Z30 on AT&T was killing me--so slow! So I picked up a Z30 on Verizon and set up a new account with them. Now, I bought the Passport on Day One and have confirmed it does not work on Verizon (as we all pretty much knew) so I have put it on my AT&T share plan. I think I am going to cancel my plan with Verizon and pay the early termination fee just to have my preferred phone number on the Passport. I know, pretty stupid but I love the Passport.
    09-28-14 01:59 PM
    Nope, crazy here with you. I switched to Verizon just a few months ago as the speed of the Z30 on AT&T was killing me--so slow! So I picked up a Z30 on Verizon and set up a new account with them. Now, I bought the Passport on Day One and have confirmed it does not work on Verizon (as we all pretty much knew) so I have put it on my AT&T share plan. I think I am going to cancel my plan with Verizon and pay the early termination fee just to have my preferred phone number on the Passport. I know, pretty stupid but I love the Passport.
    I'm thinking of doing the same, paying the etf to go with att, just trying to convince myself that it's a completely normal move. I'm in NJ and looks like verizon and att have equal coverage.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:11 PM
    AT&T has awesome coverage even in ****ty areas. You will love it!

Edit: when you call AT&T, ask them to cover your etf's and match if not beat your verizon plan.

Posted via Commodore 64
    09-28-14 02:12 PM
    AT&T has awesome coverage even in ****ty areas. You will love it!

Edit: when you call AT&T, ask them to cover your etf's and match if not beat your verizon plan.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Thanks for the advice, I'll walk into an att store later today and see what they say.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:19 PM
    i would never switch immediately. I would give it time and see what happens after a month and see if any news pops up. I am willing to bet VZW will carry the phone. They have a huge amount of business accounts
    I agree. I want to see what VZW has to say about this and what other Blackberry phones they'll be offering. I will leave VZW if they don't carry ANY of the new Blackberry phones, but I'm thinking they'll be carrying something new put out by Blackberry.
    09-28-14 02:23 PM
    If vzw passes on the passport and goes with the classic I'm going to feel cheated. I want the flagship phone. The classic looks like a fine product that will bring back BBOS functions and memories but it will have mid level specs. I want the new form factor, keyboard and screen on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:39 PM
    I'm strongly considering it. Have a Passport on the way, but also have been for Verizon for so long and never really had any issues with their coverage, where others have. To make matters worse my work building has Verizon repeaters, but never got around to installing ATT repeaters. In any case, I want to try the Passport out for a week or so before I decide whether it's worth the hassle.

I wanted to get a pre paid sim with AT&T, so I could also test out their coverage, but it seems a few people around here are having problems connecting to ATT LTE. So now I'm considering getting a T-Mo sim card instead.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:52 PM
    I switched. Glad to have the option of using any compatible phone I want. Currently the Passport, though I can't get LTE figured out yet (maybe when ATT launches officially).

Posted with Passport via CB10
    09-28-14 02:52 PM
    What's the problem is it that Verizon doesn't want to support blackberry or is it blackberry doesn't want to support cdma? I know most of the world is GSM but come on!
    09-28-14 02:54 PM
    What's the problem is it that Verizon doesn't want to support blackberry or is it blackberry doesn't want to support cdma? I know most of the world is GSM but come on!
    BlackBerry won't make a CDMA model unless Verizon places an order and allows them on their network. Even if you had a "unlocked CDMA" device, it won't be able to connect to their network unless they allow it.

So yeah, BlackBerry can't afford to make a rogue CDMA device that might not even be allowed into the party.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:46 PM
    Nope I wouldn't switch for the Passport. Verizon coverage for my area is far superior. I'm holding out for an all-touch anyway.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-14 04:12 PM
    Nope I wouldn't switch for the Passport. Verizon coverage for my area is far superior. I'm holding out for an all-touch anyway.
    What if no more supported Blackberry phones? Is it just the Passport we're discussing, or a deeper issue of Blackberry? Would you leave a carrier to get a BlackBerry?
    09-28-14 04:22 PM
    I would have done that in a second at first. Now, the question is not if I am actually ditching Verizon for ATT because of passport. The truth is that I am NOT one of the 200 K lucky that purchased the Passport. There are no passport being offered anywhere (except those 1K+ in Amazon). The delay has giving me the opportunity to sit back, take a break, read and keep my cash intact. The more I wait the clearer the picture becomes. I am watching, reading, learning, waiting. Patience is really a virtue and my patience is being tested. Take your time VZ, shopblackberry, amazon and BB manufacturers. I will wait as long as my z30 stays a great daily driver.
    Anxiously waiting for a Passport whenever, if not by X-mas.
    hnguyen and MikeX74 like this.
    09-28-14 04:26 PM
    I would switch if vzw stopped supporting BlackBerry devices, I am pissed about not having the passport, I might forego passport because of the gsm requirement but would have bought first-day had it been available for cdma. If they get the Classic I might just go in that direction i'll have to see the Passport in person, especially screen rez to decide if it's worth the pain of switching.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:30 PM
    Been with verizon for a couple years now and been loving the coverage and data speeds. However if i do get a definitive answer that they WONT carry the Passport, i will switch to ATT for it. However like, stated before VZW carried the Q10, Z10, and Z30, i dont see why they wouldnt carry the Passport and Classic.
    liltoadie likes this.
    09-28-14 06:14 PM
103 123 ...