If you have your SD card encrypted, you MUST decrypt it before doing anything or you'll lose all the content on it.

If you remove the card without decrypting using the OS that encrypted it you'll have to reformat, because the decryption key will get wiped with the OS.
    No encryption but yes knew this however can never be to sure so good advice. Thank you! I will remove everything before I am about to autoload 2205. Right after I get a program to pull a .vcf for me, I am good to go! Then I will just need the link to Cobalts files. Including mobile app as even though redundant I prefer to have it.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 06:05 PM
    09-04-17 06:14 PM
    If you have your SD card encrypted, you MUST decrypt it before doing anything or you'll lose all the content on it.

If you remove the card without decrypting using the OS that encrypted it you'll have to reformat, because the decryption key will get wiped with the OS.
    Yep---forgot to add that in my previous post---very very important!
    09-04-17 06:14 PM
    Yep---forgot to add that in my previous post---very very important!
    I forgot once.
    09-04-17 06:28 PM
    I forgot once.
    sorta like the time I made a mistake once.
    09-04-17 06:30 PM
    sorta like the time I made a mistake once.
    That was one mistake I did only the once - I was on a week using a new leak and then a new one dropped (those were the days, eh?), and I thought I'd save some time and start the security wipe on my drive home. It wasn't until it was all said and done and asking to format the "new" card that I discovered I'd skipped something relatively important.
    09-04-17 06:48 PM
    Before you autoload just try closing all of the Android apps from the CPU tab of device monitor and see if that helps with your battery. If it helps you should start removing Android apps you don't need, I noticed you have a few duplicate apps (a few Facebook clients, Youtube, etc) definitely reduce those to just one each (or close them from device monitor when they're not needed).
    09-04-17 07:19 PM
    You can get Yalp here: https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...min.yalpstore/ and Movie HD here: Movie HD .APK Download | Raw APK . I think!--it's been so long since I just update through the app.
    Hey, why do you need vplayer? I have an official Showbox fix that should be recognized. Just saying CB! It works. 100%. Why does movies HD need v player to play and what is it?

Is it vplayer giving the adds that movies HD forces u to get or movies HD itself?

Also there is 5 or 6 v players in the Google store. Which one unless a way around it. I say showbox is better Brookie first time going to disagree as this has ads and forces u to get a v player? Hah.. Yalp is awesome!!!

Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 08:08 PM
    All you need to post is your "current" cpu screen at idle. If system settles to around 5% on a Passport, all is good.

You are drowning in Android apps. Keep it to a dozen or less.
    how can you "settle" (haha) for 5% cpu at idle? mine hovers between 1.7 and 2.6% and that agrrevates me because it used to stay at 1.8 or lower on older builds..

also, i've never seen so many apps installed. ridiculous.

Posted via CBX
    09-08-17 10:44 AM
    how can you "settle" (haha) for 5% cpu at idle? mine hovers between 1.7 and 2.6% and that agrrevates me because it used to stay at 1.8 or lower on older builds..

also, i've never seen so man apps installed. ridiculous.

Posted via CBX
    Certainly a lot of Android apps there.

You're right though. Passports usually settle between 2 and 4%, where other BB10 devices are between 4 and 7%.
    09-08-17 10:47 AM
    Yep--mine is usually around 2.5 or so.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-08-17 10:54 AM

also, i've never seen so many apps installed. ridiculous.

Posted via CBX
    In Conites defense, because he was talking to me. HaHa.
    I cut it down to 22 android apps not including what was pe installed. I know it's still allot but what I use and better then 61!

How do I see where I settle at? Shut off run in backround for most apps to if that helps, dunno. Brookie is battry fiction Pro where it says auto kill backround apps, is that native or droid? My Parrot keeps shutting down as getting notifications in hub for it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 09-08-17 at 01:14 PM.
    09-08-17 01:04 PM
    In Conites defense, because he was talking to me. HaHa.
    I cut it down to 22 android apps not including what was pe installed. I know it's still allot but what I use and better then 61!

How do I see where I settle at? Shut off run in backround for most apps to if that helps, dunno. Brookie is battry fiction Pro where it says auto kill backround apps, is that native or droid? My Parrot keeps shutting down as getting notifications in hub for it.

Posted via CB10
    Delete all battery and memory apps that you have. They are completely useless.

Just don't have any apps running in the foreground, and watch the CPU settle.
    09-08-17 01:34 PM
    How do I see where I settle at?
    Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor---see System
    Shut off run in backround for most apps to if that helps, dunno.
    Yes, it will help.
    Brookie is battry fiction Pro where it says auto kill backround apps, is that native or droid?
    No there is nothing in that app for auto kill. Not sure what you are referring to there. The only thing good about the native (which I use occasionally) BFP is it shows me my cycle count and condition and temperature. I only use it when I want to check stuff like that-then I uninstall it. Why keep this stuff if you only look at it once every 3-4 months and it only takes 1 minute to install/uninstall?
    09-08-17 02:59 PM
    Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor---see System

Yes, it will help.

No there is nothing in that app for auto kill. Not sure what you are referring to there. The only thing good about the native (which I use occasionally) BFP is it shows me my cycle count and condition and temperature. I only use it when I want to check stuff like that-then I uninstall it. Why keep this stuff if you only look at it once every 3-4 months and it only takes 1 minute to install/uninstall?

09-08-17 04:39 PM
    So I should get rid of battery fiction and it's smart charging?
    09-08-17 04:40 PM
    So I should get rid of battery fiction and it's smart charging?
    I would and never use it. Did not even know that those choices were in the settings. I'm with Conite on these types of apps and believe that they are overhyped and may even be detrimental if left to function. I have used the optimization function but really does it actually do anything---I doubt it.
    09-08-17 05:39 PM
    I would and never use it. Did not even know that those choices were in the settings. I'm with Conite on these types of apps and believe that they are overhyped and may even be detrimental if left to function. I have used the optimization function but really does it actually do anything---I doubt it.
    The Smart Charge seems to actually work however how could we prove this? Reviews are astonishing, compared to others! It does do some Purdy cool notifications at the top when plugging or overheating as well as other thigs. Hmm, I usually am with conite to. Maybe I will uninstall battery fiction and see how it goes. Doesn't seem to use to much though. I wonder what the auto kill background apps is that it is killing. Bars or apks, or... both. Or none. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 06:08 PM
    The Smart Charge seems to actually work however how could we prove this? Reviews are astonishing, compared to others! It does do some Purdy cool notifications at the top when plugging or overheating as well as other thigs. Hmm, I usually am with conite to. Maybe I will uninstall battery fiction and see how it goes. Doesn't seem to use to much though. I wonder what the auto kill background apps is that it is killing. Bars or apks, or... both. Or none. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Get rid of all that nonsense.
    09-08-17 09:16 PM
    Get rid of all that nonsense.
    I did, seems like It may be helping thus far. I am debating on getting rid of clipman or not. Seems some of the native apps are harder on the batt then droid ones long as u shut off run when minimized.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 09:51 PM
70 123