My Passport Silver has android runtime Google play services and my Passport AT&T variant is purely bb10, and I see no difference besides some android apps load a few seconds longer which is negligible.

Posted via CB10
    How long does your battery last on average? Usage?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 12:59 PM
    Cobalt "crap"? Wasn't "designed" to run Android apps? Hmm.

Some Android apps run extraordinary well as a matter of fact.
    +1 so disrespectful PARTNER! He has done miracles for us all and gave it away for free whether it serves you specifically or not it is certainly not Crap. JS..

Posted via CB10
    Angela Papazian likes this.
    09-04-17 01:00 PM
    Can you send me to the proper link to scoop movie HD (the best? Since showbox don't work anymore without swapping runtime) as well as the yalp store? I am going to try it. I will always run Cobalts app though. Want play services and it has minimal impact for what it gives back..

I'm sure most people do use it, even need it but interesting to see the people who don't need anything much at all except native 'even in 2017.

Posted via CB10
    You can get Yalp here: https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...min.yalpstore/ and Movie HD here: Movie HD .APK Download | Raw APK . I think!--it's been so long since I just update through the app.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-04-17 01:12 PM
    It's hard to say as the percentage will depend on app usage but I think any Android app over a 12 hours period that uses ~10% or more battery could be worth looking into. Can you also post a screenshot from device monitor? That could give a few clues on where to look.
    First, thank you Invictus0,

Sorry to blow up this thread trying to respond to each. Anyway, thanks got answering and offering a possible solution with offer to help. I will post a screen shot now. Just have to swap over to the android version of crackberry to do so now, hopeful that we can figure this out. I will set it at 48 hours. Otherwise, autoloader it is!

I just "screenshoted" a Bunch of battery at 48 hours in device settings as well as a few from ram usage, etc. Maybe somebody can help and maybe it just comes down to no Rouge app and I have to much going on for this battery and most any? Hopefully battery is not bad as even with my 5 or so email accounts all but two are set to only pull Manuel... as in when I refresh it. So they shouldn't be an issue?

PLEASE OFF SUGGESTIONS FROM PICTURES BELOW. WANT MY BATTERY LIFE BACK AND HOPING IT'S NOT THE BATTERY ITSELF. NOW I AM AT 68% JUST ON NATIVE CRACKBERRY. BEEN AWAKE AN HOUR FROM FIRST POST TODAY WITHIN THIS THREAD?...

I MAY JUST RUN THE AUTOLOADER FOR 2205 FROM 2163 I am on now as it will erase everything AND KEEP THE APPS TO A VERY MINIMAL AS WELL AS MY PIM...

Whatever I am doing stupid, let me know! I have thick skin. If autoloader and refresh seems smartest, I am game!..

Switching to crackberry .apk to upload now........

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 01:24 PM
    You can get Yalp here: https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...min.yalpstore/ and Movie HD here: Movie HD .APK Download | Raw APK . I think!--it's been so long since I just update through the app.
    Thank you buddy, will get this right after I fix this battery issue with the autoloader. It's funny how blackberry reset takes so long to refresh to factory as I suppose it's a military standard 6+ run over the emmt with 0's and 1's yet with an autoloader, it doesn't take as long? That's the reason why I was asking if it's better practice to wipe with real blackberry software then use autoloader to upgrade but I trust Conite as well as you especially so if you say just use the autoloader to kill two birds with one stone as in upgrade to 2205 whilst also factory resetting then I am in. However behind the scenes, It must be a different activity because one takes much less time? Hmm... going to just use autoloader if I can't fix it myself though as in find a rougue app, etc. I think it's that I have to much and in since I can't decide what to get rid of like the hoarder that I am (lol) just starting new but being super selective may be the greatest choice for me. I'd love to see a log file FROM blackberry showing the super minuscule diff between 2163 and 2205 that I am going to autoload. I can use my windows 8 laptop over my windows ten, right? I actually done so much but never did I use an autoloader. Any tips appreciated as I didn't win the keyone (hehe) so I must keep my passport fully functional. No more bberrors.

BTW: That Yalp store sounds interesting but I'm sure I will stick with Google play store via cobalt. Can you downgrade as well as upgrade? If so I will keep both! Love apps that allow downgrade but only apitode does and I don't trust all of their stuff. Siggies are sometimes Off!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 01:32 PM
    However behind the scenes, It must be a different activity because one takes much less time?
    Besides Blackberry Link, the security wipe may be the lousiest piece of crap Blackberry has ever produced. I never use it anymore unless I want to punish myself
    09-04-17 01:38 PM
    I'd love to see a log file FROM blackberry showing the super minuscule diff between 2163 and 2205 that I am going to autoload.
    I don't know for sure but I believe the difference is miniscule and may only be a carrier difference.
    09-04-17 01:41 PM
    I can use my windows 8 laptop over my windows ten, right?
    Yes.
    09-04-17 01:42 PM
    Can you downgrade as well as upgrade?
    You can store your .apk on your device (by default) thereby reinstall an older .apk or you can have it deleted after installation. See the settings in app.
    09-04-17 01:47 PM
    It's hard to say as the percentage will depend on app usage but I think any Android app over a 12 hours period that uses ~10% or more battery could be worth looking into. Can you also post a screenshot from device monitor? That could give a few clues on where to look.

09-04-17 01:52 PM
    It might just be the sheer number of apps you're running that's tearing through your battery, but keep in mind how old your device is as well. Batteries degrade faster with more intense usage. I'm wondering if you've reached the same tipping point I did, where I was running mostly Android apps and having to carry around a charger just got me to the point where I decided it was time to switch to Android. The LG G3 has identical innards to the Passport but runs them MUCH better. Wiping and reinstalling might be a pain in the derriere but I'd try it anyway and see if that's all it takes. If it doesn't solve the problem, then it might be time for a new device.
    09-04-17 02:09 PM
    All you need to post is your "current" cpu screen at idle. If system settles to around 5% on a Passport, all is good.

You are drowning in Android apps. Keep it to a dozen or less.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    09-04-17 02:23 PM
    All you need to post is your "current" cpu screen at idle. If system settles to around 5% on a Passport, all is good.

Okay, I will autoload 2205 you gave me which will also wipe as you said then keep it down to a dezen or LESS. Also, even native apps that are headless (especially) should be kept down to(?) a certain amount as well? The 5% rule sounds good. What do you idle at conite?

So I go to cpu when all apps closed and see that way?

Yes I am as have so much money invested in bars and apks but Don't use many anymore or very early. I thought most were okay if not being opened but I suppose not..

My battery has 321 or so cycles but I remember Brookie saying he has around 550 and running like nearly new so... it must be exactly what you said, I am drowning in mostly needless .apks.

Again 5% idle rules sounds like a great rule of thumb.

Going to see what I idle at now if I know how to correctly. As in if it's what I am thinking just check CPU with all apps closed.

Yeah, I idle at ...

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 02:55 PM
    Okay, I will autoload 2205 you gave me which will also wipe as you said then keep it down to a dezen or LESS. Also, even native apps that are headless (especially) should be kept down to(?) a certain amount as well? The 5% rule sounds good. What do you idle at conite?

So I go to cpu when all apps closed and see that way?

Yes I am as have so much money invested in bars and apks but Don't use many anymore or very early. I thought most were okay if not being opened but I suppose not..

My battery has 321 or so cycles but I remember Brookie saying he has around 550 and running like nearly new so... it must be exactly what you said, I am drowning in mostly needless .apks.

Again 5% idle rules sounds like a great rule of thumb.

Going to see what I idle at now if I know how to correctly. As in if it's what I am thinking just check CPU with all apps closed.

Yeah, I idle at ...

Posted via CB10

It's jumping from 11 to 28 percent with screen on and no apps running (as in opened on screen by me) except the device manager itself. Is that the correct way to tell as in looking at the CPU /Device Manager as it flickers from 11% up to 28% under the top one as in system, under device manager?

Or am I doing it wrong?..
    09-04-17 02:58 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f84a61af0c.jpg

It's jumping from 11 to 28 percent with screen on and no apps running (as in opened on screen by me) except the device manager itself. Is that the correct way to tell as in looking at the CPU /Device Manager as it flickers from 11% up to 28% under the top one as in system, under device manager?

Or am I doing it wrong?..
    Keep watching that screen. If "system" doesn't settle to 5% in a few minutes, then something is terribly wrong. Autoload.
    09-04-17 03:01 PM
    Exactly! And if you cannot, get a different device or put up with headaches.
    09-04-17 03:03 PM
    BTW: Late night with kids bowling and laser tag so started at around 130pm using the phone, not super heavy and definitely no demanding apps however now I am at:

Drum roll.....

28%

Battery fiction Pro says my battery is in "good" shape. Hmm..

Surprised nobody made an app in which u can cease certain android apps from running what so ever when not using them but suppose that's just not part of Jellybean so that is why...

Autoloader seems my best bet. I will probably end u ith a beast of a battery afterwards if keep it way own. Yes my card is 54gigs filled from 59.5gb but I know you said the sd card itself does not slow u down nor drain battery.

The visual voicemail u see in my Hub is built into BB 10 right as don't want to lose that if go to 2205 if only difference is a carrier thin as I don't remember that visual voicemail being there until I downloaded the cricket visual voicemail app but I could be totally wrong!
    09-04-17 03:05 PM
    BTW: Late night with kids bowling and laser tag so started at around 130pm using the phone, not super heavy and definitely no demanding apps however now I am at:

Drum roll.....

28%

Battery fiction Pro says my battery is in "good" shape. Hmm..

Surprised nobody made an app in which u can cease certain android apps from running what so ever when not using them but suppose that's just not part of Jellybean so that is why...

Autoloader seems my best bet. I will probably end u ith a beast of a battery afterwards if keep it way own. Yes my card is 54gigs filled from 59.5gb but I know you said the sd card itself does not slow u down nor drain battery.

The visual voicemail u see in my Hub is built into BB 10 right as don't want to lose that if go to 2205 if only difference is a carrier thin as I don't remember that visual voicemail being there until I downloaded the cricket visual voicemail app but I could be totally wrong!
    Android apps don't run in the background, but the Runtime polls the apps regularly, so the more you have, the more work it has to do.

Plus, get rid of all the battery and memory apps - pure junk that just require more clock cycles.
    09-04-17 03:06 PM
    630 to be exact
    09-04-17 03:07 PM
    630 to be exact
    Hah, what percentage battery should I at least have to start the autoloader? I am just going for it so that way I won't even realize what I'm missing, that I don't use. Will just add the cobalt fix and facebook fix along with voxer and movies HD. Maybe one or three more, tops! Also, just a few needed headless apps and less emails. We shall see!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 04:07 PM
    Hah, what percentage battery should I at least have to start the autoloader?
    Minimum 40-50% but not that important as the Passport is plugged into your PC. No sense taking a chance though--get it up above 50%.
    09-04-17 04:11 PM
    Minimum 40-50% but not that important as the Passport is plugged into your PC. No sense taking a chance though--get it up above 50%.
    Cool at 65 so going to go for it. It won't delete my SD right or should I take my card out to be safe? Just plug in and run autoloader?

Also, anybody have a direct link to the cobalt files so as soon as I am back I can reinstall that from his cloud with playstore 2 then the facebook fix I NEED. I will sideload them as saved the. Bars. Use DDPB but appreciate a link to Cobalts files for our BB!"fix"

It harder to find then one would think..

Thanks for all the help. Hopefully my visual voice mail in the hun will still be there. I suppose that's part of BB10 itself...

Hey Brookie, can u tell me the numbers for runtime on 2205 curious if different then 2163. I may re load my. 172 runtime like I always do so showbox will work. Still nobody knows where. 172 came from. If anyone would it would be thruask. I remember he told me. 110 Is from the classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 04:46 PM
    It won't delete my SD right or should I take my card out to be safe? Just plug in and run autoloader?
    I always take my SD card out but it doesn't really matter. I also turn off the radios (or airplane mode), turn off location services, nfc, bluetooth but all that probably doesn't matter either. Plug it in, click the .exe, sit back and 14 minutes later you will have a new (ish) device. After the autoloader is done give it a few minutes to settle then begin adding your SD card, email, settings, apps etc. When adding android apps, I advise NOT putting them all on in 5 minutes. Allow some time in between installs. Sorry not sure about the runtime numbers--cannot check in Sachesi right now. Good Luck!
    09-04-17 04:56 PM
    It won't delete my SD right or should I take my card out to be safe? Just plug in and run autoloader?
    If you have your SD card encrypted, you MUST decrypt it before doing anything or you'll lose all the content on it.

If you remove the card without decrypting using the OS that encrypted it you'll have to reformat, because the decryption key will get wiped with the OS.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-04-17 05:26 PM
    I always take my SD card out but it doesn't really matter. I also turn off the radios (or airplane mode), turn off location services, nfc, bluetooth but all that probably doesn't matter either. Plug it in, click the .exe, sit back and 14 minutes later you will have a new (ish) device. After the autoloader is done give it a few minutes to settle then begin adding your SD card, email, settings, apps etc. When adding android apps, I advise NOT putting them all on in 5 minutes. Allow some time in between installs. Sorry not sure about the runtime numbers--cannot check in Sachesi right now. Good Luck!
    Thanks, will do. If you can find out what runtime .172 is for me id appreciate it. Some reason the shell is larger and when I replace it with newer or older ones it always runs showbox which fails on older or newer runtime. As well as a few other apps. This is why I am so curious. Thanks for the advice!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 06:03 PM
70 123