I'm liking my passport, but the only this that bugs me is putting it in either my back or front pocket. Also most of the time I can't use it one handed. Otherwise, it's awesome and everyone needs to buy one for themselves and another to give to a friend!

I'm aware these are little things. But I also love getting new devices and am also prone to buyers remorse.

Maybe if the Classic is cheap enough, say $400, I'd get it as a backup to my passport. I seriously doubt they'd charge that price, but one can hope. I think it'd be great carrying two BlackBerry phones. Plus you can switch sim cards between Classic and Passport.

Thoughts??????
    11-03-14 08:46 AM
    I'll probably get one eventually because I'm a BlackBerry user and abuser. It'll be hard to go back to such a small screen though.

via my Canadian Passport
    11-03-14 09:00 AM
    Definitely not...but when a new all touch BlackBerry hits the market I'm there!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    devin266 likes this.
    11-03-14 09:06 AM
    With the specs I would expect it to be around the 400 price range. As far as I'm concerned, this will be my daily driver, with my trusty Z3P0 as my backup, til my daughter has 2 quarters of straight A's. Then she will get the greatest all touch device ever made.

Posted via CB10
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    11-03-14 09:12 AM
    I had hoped to use my Q10 as a backup device (Passport due tomorrow), but even though Sprint provided an unlock code the device still isn't recognized on AT&T's network. I guess that was Sprint's final FU message to me. I am still generally in favor of having a backup, but I don't see how the Classic will be an advantage over the Q10, as the screen size isn't all that different, and I expect the price of the Q10 to drop, which will make it even more attractive for purchase solely as a backup device.
    11-03-14 09:13 AM
    Then again, I'm 6'3, so I don't have to worry about some of the issues the OP is using to justify his decision to use the classic as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:13 AM
    Well, just only after seeing the features of trackpad, if it is better than the capacitive keyboard....probably

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-03-14 09:17 AM
    If you are used to touchscreen and Passport it is hard to go back to Classic. Especially if you swipe. I find it painful to have to type out every word, but that's just me. Swiping is the only saving grace for Passport for me. I love the tactile feel of the keys but I want to swipe to type.
    11-03-14 09:26 AM
    I bought a Q10 to use in the mean time before the classic comes out and will use both the Passport and Q10. I couldn't pass up a deal like the one they were offering and I figured that all the rave reviews of the Q on 10.3.1 were solid. I'll wait for the classic and play with it, this recent upgrade to the Passport from the Iphone 5S is really proving that Blackberry really has a hit here, I used my Iphone for a day at work in lieu of my Passport and hated it, the iOS is not intuitive, it's completely locked down and in my opinion not productive at all.
    11-03-14 09:27 AM
    Don't think I'd be able to get used to the smaller screen again, but I certainly wouldn't mind my alt and shift buttons back. It's the only thing that is bad about the typing experience on the PP. Takes thought to figure out where all the characters are. The old keyboards were so familiar adding a character was just muscle memory

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:35 AM
    I will buy a classic to have a long side with my passport. Im currently using a q10 and passport. I wish the passport was a dual sim phone then I would only have to carry one device. But yes I will be getting the classic mainly out of curiosity.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:09 AM
    I'll order a classic as soon as it's available. I'll know soon enough whether to keep it or get another 9900. The PP offers the ultimate screen and pkb size upgrade, but the touch feature is too unreliable for me.

I'm on the fence about keeping the PP. I look over posts here and at the bb forums regarding desired features fo bb10 calendar, docs to go, etc. and recognize kb touch calibration or a simple on/off option could take over a year or might never appear ala full usb pim sync.
    11-03-14 01:28 PM
    Im in the same situation as you OP, if its cheap enough ill get it as a backup or switch between the two

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-03-14 01:38 PM
    They use the same sim card, so it'll be real easy to switch.
    11-03-14 02:26 PM
    Don't think I'd be able to get used to the smaller screen again, but I certainly wouldn't mind my alt and shift buttons back. It's the only thing that is bad about the typing experience on the PP. Takes thought to figure out where all the characters are. The old keyboards were so familiar adding a character was just muscle memory

Posted via CB10
    i agree with what your saying. If it helps by the way, remember the swipe down once or twice on your keyboard trick for your extra symbol characters. The muscle memory can pick up where you left off pretty easily once you know that one I found?
    11-03-14 02:36 PM
    I'll probably get one for a back up but it would be hard to go back to a smaller screen. Passport is incredible so far, fits better in my pocket then the Q10 did and I really like the wider concept. I look at other phones and the just look way too narrow. Give it 6 months and I expect to see Apple and Android new device rumors with wider screens.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:28 PM