I've had my Passport for about 6 months now. No issues with build quality (screen lifting, double type, etc), and continue to learn new ways to utilize all of the features in this great device.

I have no desire to switch to another device. I have difficulty understanding how some users have had the build quality issues listed above. I suppose some of it could be use patterns. I use a clear "thin" case and I that could have helped prevent the "bend" and screen lifting. I have had various PKB Blackberry's over the years and perhaps my use patterns have prevented some of the other issues folks disccussed. My Q10 did start to have DT issues at the end of the second year of ownership.

By adding Cobalt's Play Store and Lucky Patcher hacks, I have virtually every App that could want and they run well. The only App issue that I have is with the Sonicwall VPN client and it is a "known" compatibility issue with BlackBerry in general.

While I have some interest in a slider device, it would be more as a novelty than for use as my daily driver. The OS is probably my favorite mobile OS in my use history. I have used various Android and Windows phones, and they just don't compare to BB10.

Passport. If people understood how good this device is....
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-21-15 11:13 AM
    Have mine since October. Still loving it. I don't have anything else I would want to switch to.
    07-21-15 11:22 AM
    I used it since it came out in the Netherlands. I had my doubt because I never used a qwerty phone and after a few days I get in somekind of comfort mode with my Passport and must say. I love my fat *** women smartphone. I'm not in a need for a 16:9 video full screen display, because I never watched movies or series on my Z10 or Z30. I somtimes watch a youtube video, 9gag video or latest news but that's it. Most of the time I'm browsing, chatting, emailen and listing to music and the Passport is the best and I still love BBOS10.

I like to see Android runtime M with apps permission and maybe BlackBerry could name there OS now BBOS 11 to show they are going forward. The OS name is now allready 30 months the same and my brother thinking BlackBerry is the same OS when the Z10 came out. He has android 5 on his Sony but still miss the hub and real miltitasking, but he can not renew his contract yes for at least a year.

Switiching is no option because I really don't like Android (having an android tablet) or ios with itunes.
    Last edited by whatsever; 07-21-15 at 12:14 PM.
    07-21-15 11:45 AM
    I defected for about a week thinking I would try a newer device in BlackBerry:s timeline the CLASSIC! BUT it just didn't have the power and robustness that the Passport has so I switched back to the Passport! It was nice to use the full BlackBerry qwerty keyboard. I did miss the alt function but with the capacitive touch keyboard on the Passport, it's just more powerful.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-21-15 12:02 PM
    Had mine for about 4 months now. No desire to switch.

Although now that I have the Passport, which is pretty fast, my Nexus tablet seems so slow I don't want to use it anymore. So I'm now feeling the itch to buy a new faster tablet.

I can't decide if I want another Android tablet or a Surface tablet.

Content with my phone for the moment though. All other phones seem tiny and made for Smurfs.

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-21-15 12:30 PM
    Have my device for just over 6 months as well. Already spent money replacing the display. Apparently Blackberry's warranties aren't international but region specific. Bought mine in NA using it in Asia. Had a blue line down the display that would not go away and was impairing visibility of certain alphabets. Screen replaced, now good as new.

Now that I'm done with the sole negative, solid device and as far as business users go no device can hold a candle to this work horse. I consistently get 2-3 days of calls, emails and Whatsapp (all on LTE) on a single charge, bit of a rarity these days. I actually felt a little handicapped at work without this device, while it was undergoing repairs. Would not sell this for anything in the near future. The touch sensitive keyboard...we could just have a whole other discussion to wax lyrical about that.

Over the last 6-9 months, I've been consistently swapping between a Moto X (2014), iPhone 6 Plus and the Passport. Passport's not perfect, still has bugs and glitches once in a while and not to mention the random occasional loss of connectivity. Somehow I keep coming back, although I'm comfortable and love the features across all 3 platforms.
    07-21-15 12:37 PM
    I am very happy too, I am using it since the first week of October and I will switch only for a newest version of the passport!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-21-15 01:00 PM
    Use it almost 3 month (PP black). No plans to change models maybe PP red.. but it's expensive here...M'sia

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 01:08 PM
    Since October last year and have no desire to switch.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    07-21-15 01:48 PM
    It's my office phone.

After eight months I switched to a Galaxy S5 Active. Just switched back, as I missed it for work purposes. Also missed the battery life.

For this use case, see no reason to switch away again -- too useful. Did ditch the case and am running caseless.

Posted with my Passport via CB10
    07-21-15 01:56 PM
    I am someone that is now SERIOUSLY considering getting a new Passport. My current phone is the 9900.

My local ATT Store that I pass frequently creates a huge temptation to just stop in and get the new ATT (round edge) Passport.

I have not had this kind of Jones to buy a phone since I got my first BlackBerry Bold. As a avid Horseplayer, I'd put my odds of buying a new Passport within the next few months at 10:1 for.

I keep my Berries a long time, so I can assure you if I get a Passport, it will stay with me for years.
    07-21-15 01:58 PM
    Happy right now. But I often get irritated by lack of major apps available in the market place.

I traveled abroad, and a lot of apps I needed required google play service. Arggg.

Anyway, no temptation to jump the ship yet. Although I saw a Galaxy S6 Edge the other day and they were surprisingly very nice!

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    07-21-15 02:09 PM
    I've had mine for a couple of months now. Zero desire to switch. I've tried them all, as I do sell them all, and this is by far the phone I enjoy the most. There is a phone for everyone, and maybe this is not the phone for some, but I have had several who have looked at it and decided to give it a go.. the majority have kept theirs and are still liking it.
    07-21-15 02:11 PM
    8 months. I now am waiting on a replacement due to screen lift. I certainly hope this is the only time I have to do that. That is the only issue I have had. In all other ways the device suits me just fine. The things others complain about (camera, apps) are of no interest to me. In fact, I would buy a device without a camera were it available.
    07-21-15 02:20 PM
    I've had my Passport since October. I'm considering switching because I'm sick and tired of replacing Passports due to screen lifting.

Posted via CB10
    What is 'screen lifting' exactly? Is it where the glass comes away from the back of the device?
    07-21-15 02:23 PM
    I can't decide if I want another Android tablet or a Surface tablet.
    I'm driving to the Microsoft store as we speak to pick up a Surface 3. Have been trying different devices over the years to find the perfect note-taker/secondary machine for school. I currently have a Haswell i7 wacom tablet dual booting windows and Android, but it's overkill for what I need it for and I can't stand active cooling; a fan coming on in a classroom setting is annoying.

I'm going to see how the Surface 3 functions booting Android-x86 natively too. Let me know if you have questions about the Surface 3 (non pro).

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-21-15 02:35 PM
    I am someone that is now SERIOUSLY considering getting a new Passport. My current phone is the 9900.

I have not had this kind of Jones to buy a phone since I got my first BlackBerry Bold. As a avid Horseplayer, I'd put my odds of buying a new Passport within the next few months at 10:1 for.
    Horseplayer? I use Hpibet.com on my Passport all the time ;-).

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    07-21-15 05:59 PM
    Horseplayer? I use Hpibet.com on my Passport all the time ;-).

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    Excellent. Well, my ringtone is Call to Post, so I'm a serious player.

I use the big three in the US. TVG, ExpressBet, and TwinSpires. Don't need three, but I like to spread the wagering around. Years ago, you needed more than one because of exclusivity of tracks like Churchill. But now, one is enough.

With my BlackBerry 9780, I used ExpressBet because it was the ONLY ADW that offered a BlackBerry App. On an old 9780, if you didn't have an App, you were SOL.

Looking forward to some Saratoga Races coming up, Del Mar, and of course this Fall's Breeder's Cup.
    anon(4297019) likes this.
    07-21-15 06:09 PM
    Only when the Passport 2 comes out is when I will have a bit of a thought to switch. I have been through good and bad with this phone (that's with every phone I have ever owned btw) but I am satisfied with the passport more than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    Rob Straker likes this.
    07-21-15 06:16 PM
    I'm driving to the Microsoft store as we speak to pick up a Surface 3. Have been trying different devices over the years to find the perfect note-taker/secondary machine for school. I currently have a Haswell i7 wacom tablet dual booting windows and Android, but it's overkill for what I need it for and I can't stand active cooling; a fan coming on in a classroom setting is annoying.

I'm going to see how the Surface 3 functions booting Android-x86 natively too. Let me know if you have questions about the Surface 3 (non pro).

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Interested to know how the Surface 3 works out for you.

I'm sitting here with my heavy Sony Vaio Duo Flip convertible laptop wondering why in the name of Zeus I thought I needed this thing. It's a slick looking piece of technology but as for using it as a tablet, it's just too bloody heavy (not to mention I could have bought two Surfaces for the same price).

My experience with Windows 8 thus far has not impressed me. I do want computer functionality, but as a tablet, this thing certainly lacks the ease of use of apps on my Android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 06:16 PM
    6 months and have absolutely no desire to switch. The Passport is the best smartphone (for my needs) that I have ever used.
    07-21-15 10:01 PM
    I have had my Passport since launch and have no desire to switch. Love my Passport! DITTO!
    07-21-15 10:26 PM
    I always comes back to BlackBerry, I've had the Passport for five months and still love it. Sometimes I do feel it's a bit large to carry around. I just bought a Leap to use as well, a little easier to carry around.

But always end back with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:31 AM

My local ATT Store that I pass frequently creates a huge temptation to just stop in and get the new ATT (round edge) Passport.

I keep my Berries a long time, so I can assure you if I get a Passport, it will stay with me for years.
    Quit your stallin, you won't look back.
    07-22-15 04:21 AM
    PP for a few months only
    But seems like i've never had another phone before

I'm pretty much in love with my phone and not thinking of switching, even if I still check on new phones coming to the market.

White Passport via CB10
    07-22-15 04:28 AM
180 1234 ...