Well I used my 9000 since it came out until the 9900 launched. Kept the 9900 until the Z10 came, bought one that lasted until Q10 landed and switched fast to it and used it happily until the Passport got here. Probably just the next Passport will replace it as my main device.

Sent via my square wonder thingie
    GeoK likes this.
    12-10-14 11:13 PM
    Can you people get a life?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and double_fault like this.
    12-10-14 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Awwww.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:36 PM
    that was it, thank you so much!
    12-11-14 01:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    How's the second article on Passport coming along, sir?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:30 AM
    Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:01 AM
    Hello everyone!
    I just purchased BlackBerry passport after using iPhone / android for few years..
    The last BlackBerry I used was the bold.. and am so glad I got the passport.. finally a real keyboard with a good display to read
    Am going to keep it as long as it's doing what I want from my phone to do
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-11-14 05:32 AM
    Going to wait for a new all touch (Z50?) or an updated Passport. Maybe both

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 06:17 AM
    Exactly one week in with my passport and my thoughts are clear. I've used four different blackberry 10 devices this year (Z10, Q10, Z30, and the passport). The passport is a keeper. I've given my Z10 to a client, my Z30 went to my girlfriend, my passport is permanently attached to my hand, and I'll use the Q10 in a pinch.
    Unless blackberry comes out with a device as compelling as this one, I'm going to keep it for the foreseeable future. Where do you go from here? Nowhere!

Posted two-handed via Passport
    You nailed it.

I sold my Z10 before I went to the S4, which I sold when I got the Q10. But like you, I'm keeping the Q10 as a backup. I didn't get a Z30. The Passport is the best smartphone I've ever owned, in terms of my overall satisfaction level. Working wide is a delight.

I'd consider an all-touch with a similar form factor if, but only if, BlackBerry brings flow/gesture typing to its virtual keyboard. For me, that's the only acceptable way to use a virtual keyboard. Thumb-tapping doesn't cut it. Since there's been no hint that they plan to do this, I'll probably be sticking with the Passport or its descendants for a long time.
    GeoK and j21jam6 like this.
    12-11-14 07:20 AM
    I keep the Passport until.......
    I would be so tempted by a Z50 (? - let's just call it that) An all screen touch phone.)
    With my Z10, I was quite happy. It was all touch and I went from the Bold keyboard to the screen keyboard well enough.
    The Passport is great, but sometimes when I am concentrating on the the 'thing/document/what I need and want to say" I forget to flick the words up. I just keep typing like I was back on my Bold. Until, I catch myself.
    Silly, I know, but that happens.
    jackwins likes this.
    12-11-14 07:28 AM
    ...until you get board of it?
    There's a board version of the Passport?
    billybobsa and andy957 like this.
    12-11-14 07:41 AM
    I don't know. I don't even have one yet.
    12-11-14 08:23 AM
    Keep my passport until passport2 release.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:45 AM
    I don't see myself getting "board" of this phone for quite some time. But, I'm sure if they roll out the successor to the Z30 with access to all of AT&T's LTE bands, I could see myself considering it. My wife misses her old Qwerty 9900. She gets all my BB hand-me-downs. She currently has my old Z30. I see her eyeing my Passport on occasion. lol
    andy957 likes this.
    12-11-14 08:59 AM
    Keeping mine till the next iteration of Passport hits the market really. There are many a few things that sometimes make me want to switch to Android ( hate iOS) but well, the good things exceed the bad ones by a huge margin for me. Plus getting over that hub is really tough :P after the Android stick to compensate for entertainment, I'm good to go for years!

Sent from my Passport
    12-11-14 09:06 AM
    I kept my Z30 for theoretical weekend use and haven't switched once yet.
    I'm not sure if I would go back to touchscreen rectangular after all.
    Maybe if they release a killer Z50.... or maybe the next iteration of the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 09:18 AM
    I just got the passport. I came from the z30. So far I'm really liking it, it takes a bit to get used to but I think I'm keeping my passport until a Z50 type device comes

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 09:31 AM
    I see no reason to switch for the next couple of years. My device is not a toy that I need to be the latest greatest game machine. If it does what I need it to do in 2 or 3 years then I'll keep it. If not, then I'll replace it.
    12-11-14 10:24 AM
    Example of how cool the Passport is --

I was out Christmas shopping with my wife. I had a customer email me about an order they placed (my company also runs an online store) --

I logged in to our e-commerce back end on my Passport and looked up her order information and called to respond. I would never have done this before on a phone. The store's admin interface has frames for nav. and its layout is awkward on a smartphone screen. Touch targets too small without a bunch of zooming in/out. And just typing my complex password to get in is a pia on a touch phone.

Passport handled it all like a CHAMP. And pretty much with similar feel to using a small laptop.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    12-11-14 12:28 PM
    I'll keep it until the next Passport comes out.
    12-11-14 12:46 PM
    I will keep my Passport until Blackberry comes releases something with better performance, speed and style! I am a businessman who needs a phone that offers superior text, email and some browser use that is secure, quick and dependable. So far, the passport meets those need.

I don't need a slew of applications, etc., etc. If I did, I would get everyone-has-one iPhone, Samsung, <Hmmm maybe HTC> cellphone.

I am EXTREMELY happy with my Passport! So many downers nit-picking issues. You can find ANY issue with ANY make or model phone on the market!

There will NEVER be a PERFECT cellphone to meet EVERYONE'S needs or expectations, unless the GREATER POWER of cellphone design decides to do so!

Enjoy what you have, if you don't like your current make or model, move on and find one that meets all of your needs. IF there is a phone ANY phone out there that could meet that impossible request.

(Getting off my soapbox and answering a call on my Passport!) LOL!
    dmateo likes this.
    12-11-14 01:56 PM
    Two years. By then BlackBerry will have their newest keyboard phone out

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:40 PM
    I normally keep my phone for about 1.5 years. So I think that will be how long BBPP will serve me.

Cheers
    12-11-14 05:30 PM
    Exactly one week in with my passport and my thoughts are clear. I've used four different blackberry 10 devices this year (Z10, Q10, Z30, and the passport). The passport is a keeper. I've given my Z10 to a client, my Z30 went to my girlfriend, my passport is permanently attached to my hand, and I'll use the Q10 in a pinch.
    Unless blackberry comes out with a device as compelling as this one, I'm going to keep it for the foreseeable future. Where do you go from here? Nowhere!

Posted two-handed via Passport
    I'm in the same boat as you although I didn't give any away, there with my collection of BlackBerry devices. I don't see myself putting the passport down for anything but a passport 2 at this point.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-11-14 07:00 PM
    I just got mine, so it's probably too early to think of getting rid of it. The early indications are that it is very close to ideal for me. It would take something special for me to consider moving to another phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:21 PM
114 12345