Not trolling or anything but how long does it take for someone to transition from an ios or android device back to Blackberry? Seems like my brain and fingers can't make the transition from typing on glass to typing on a real keyboard. Also, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the BB10 os from ios and android. I've only had it since last Friday and could get my Passport to work until Monday. I guess I just need to sit here and work with it on my daily tasks ie texts, emails, checking FB, instagram, youtube etc.
    09-16-15 09:00 AM
    Well I know when I got my z10 I sat there and messed with it nonstop for about 2 hours. At that point I didn't know all the stuff about BlackBerry 10 but I could get around the os pretty well. I came from android. Picked up a coworkers android the other day and I've forgotten how to use it haha. I'd have to just sit there and mess with it again for a couple hours and all would be smoother. As far as the pkb goes, I can't help you. Never had one.

Posted via CB10
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-16-15 09:06 AM
    Didn't take me long I am an avid android user to

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:55 AM
    I'm getting faster at the keyboad!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:10 PM
    I would give it about 2 weeks of daily use. If you are not reasonably comfortable with it by then, perhaps the Passport is not for you. It only took me a couple of hours but that's because I was used to a physical keyboard. Good Luck!
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-16-15 12:16 PM
    Write with your thumb nails! Swipe up with your thumb tip.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    09-16-15 12:20 PM
    I used iOS and bb10 not android
    So it was easy to switch from iOS to bb10 because I don't use apples stupid cloud I use Gmail for my contacts just add Gmail to your passport and sync email contacts and calendar

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:42 PM
    I came from iOS and it took about a week or so to become fairly proficient.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:16 PM
    I'm actually starting to get a feel for this. The flick up typing is pretty cool. One of my students asked what I was using. Told him a BlackBerry Passport. He said huh? What's that coach?

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    09-16-15 06:55 PM
    OP, I, like many others have used a touch screen phone exclusively since about 2010 when I left BlackBerry and went to the iPhone 4. After 5 years of all touch screen devices(android, iOS and z10), I bought the Passport this year. It was a challenge to get used to the keyboard and I'm still learning tricks to make myself faster, but for intents and purposes, I can say that I am pretty fast at typing. It does take some getting used to.

I don't think I could ever go back to a full time touch screen phone, although I find the Leap quite tempting.

The Passport is a beast and I hope you stick it through. It won't disappoint you.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-16-15 07:32 PM
    I was good in a day or two. Only prolonged use will give you the experience you need to become accustomed to BlackBerry again.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-16-15 07:40 PM
    I am loving the keyboad!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:16 PM
    I am loving the keyboad!

Posted via CB10
    So you got it?! ;-)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-16-15 10:15 PM
    I had a touch keyboard and missed the accuracy of a real keyboard. It didn't take me more than a day to get comfortable with the passport keyboard. I was slow but very accurate at first.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:19 PM
    Sounds like you're getting it OP! Use the keyboard as much as possible to really get the hang of it. There are also some type-tutor apps you can find on BlackBerry World that will help you challenge yourself to get faster and faster (they will measure your WPM).

The more you use the device the more you will like it, guaranteed!

And, to answer your question, I'm sure it takes everyone a different amount of time to get used to the keyboard and size. Not sure about coming from a different OS but once you get used to the gestures, you should have no trouble. Just more and more little tricks to learn along the way. The keyboard definitely took me a good few weeks until I felt really comfortable with it!
    09-16-15 10:29 PM
    I went from all touch Z30 / Z10 to Passport OG then SE. OG requires more of a press so it too a few days to adjust from all touch. SE is easier yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:33 PM
    Write with your thumb nails! Swipe up with your thumb tip.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    Generally it is not best to type with your thumbnails. Always use your thumb tips because you have a better feel for the keys. The keys are designed to be felt by the thumb tips. After a while you will not even need to look to type.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-17-15 11:23 AM
    Not trolling or anything but how long does it take for someone to transition from an ios or android device back to Blackberry? Seems like my brain and fingers can't make the transition from typing on glass to typing on a real keyboard. Also, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the BB10 os from ios and android. I've only had it since last Friday and could get my Passport to work until Monday. I guess I just need to sit here and work with it on my daily tasks ie texts, emails, checking FB, instagram, youtube etc.
    De-registering imessage is the only major headache. As people will still try to message you and you won't get them.lastly de-registering your apple account id. These are the two main issues.
    There are apps like companion link where you can transfer your contacts calendar entries.

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-17-15 11:34 AM
    I went 9900->Z10-Z30->Passport, so my absence from physical keyboards was not that long. It takes a short while, but boy is it great. Shortcuts. Shortcuts! That little bit of efficiency in every move you make really adds up.

And: yesterday, for the first time since my 9900, I caught myself keeping on typing while looking up to look someone in the eye that I was talking to. Typing a couple of words blind, then looking down again and seeing that it was faultless.

That is a difficult trick to pull off on a touch keyboard...
    09-17-15 11:43 AM
    Generally it is not best to type with your thumbnails. Always use your thumb tips because you have a better feel for the keys. The keys are designed to be felt by the thumb tips. After a while you will not even need to look to type.

Posted via CB10
    I don't look while typing... I only fix the screen/Cursor... even with the / I didn't look! But I got used to type with my thumb nails... I even let the nails 2 mm long ;-P (only thumbs.. the others are shorter).
    About special characters, they are in my mind... I typed this text on my Q10 though, to be honest ;-) and I had some typos that I immediately corrected by Backspace and went on.

Even the Smily is blind typing ;-)

09-17-15 11:44 AM
    I have a bit of a different thing going on: I have a Playbook and iPad as well as a Classic.

Periodically I hop onto the iPad and start trying to use BB swipes, etc! Pretty funny watching me try to figure out where the stupid "home" button is on the iPad.
    09-17-15 12:59 PM
    I went from over the past few years from the BB flip phone, 9930, Q10, Z30, Passport (for business week) Classic (weekend) and love the keyboards.

Even though the Z30 was a great phone i just wanted the physical keyboard back under my fingers just as my lady loves me to drive her crazy
    09-17-15 08:29 PM
    Regarding typing: I'm not faster per se on the PP, even though I've had it for a while now and before that I practiced on my mum's PP. But my accuracy has gone up by like 97%! So not faster per se, but more accurate, hell yeah. So def a great pkb!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:09 AM
    Really good topic Mark, I switched from iphone 6 to BlackBerry Passport and I am not excited about my new BlackBerry Passport! I missed all the apps were in iphone6. Can someone really convince me that I really made the right choice to come back to BlackBerry. What is it that something unique about BlackBerry apart from the keyboard and hub??

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:15 AM
    Really good topic Mark, I switched from iphone 6 to BlackBerry Passport and I am not excited about my new BlackBerry Passport! I missed all the apps were in iphone6. Can someone really convince me that I really made the right choice to come back to BlackBerry. What is it that something unique about BlackBerry apart from the keyboard and hub??

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should have taken two hours of your life to learn about the strengths and weaknesses of the Passport and BB10 before buying it ?
    I don't think you made the right choice. If apps are your major concern, you should go back to your iPhone. There's no problem with that ; different products for different people.
    09-18-15 01:49 AM